Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sierra4bac
    Original poster 2 posts

hi there i am having an ongoing issue with assassins creed valhalla, on the main menu the cursor will not move from the middle of the screen so i cannot click continue game, i have tried multiple controllers,i have hard reset my console, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, nothing is helping, every other game works perfect.

the only change i have made recently to the settings is i changed the controller settings from hybrid to controller only, but that was a few days ago and i have played alot since then

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    63 posts

Well, I am having the same issue – for more than two weeks now.

I reported the problem to the Ubisoft Support within quite a few messages, precise descriptions and videos and whatever. But nothing happened yet – the only I update I constantly receive is an automatically generated message which tells me that they are considering my problem as being solved as long as I don't update my report.

So... I keep on updating my ticket.
    But as of now I wasn't able to play the game since November 20th...

Another thread about this issue...
    And another thread about this issue...

• sierra4bac
    Original poster 2 posts

@noxious81 hey bud me and my mate have found a fix and it works perfect.

what to do is go to your save data for valhalla and delete the save data everywhere (i know that sounds crap but hold on) delete the save data from console and cloud and restart your console, then go back into the game and link up to your ubisoft account and then go to continue and your old save will still be there, just make sure as soon as you go into the game u make a manual save for it. we think that the cursor not moving is just a corrupt file

ps also any settings you have changed prior to deleting the save will have to be changed back

best of luck man

• Noxious81
    63 posts

@sierra4bac
    Huuum... thank's Sierra! Sounds interesting – I will definitely try this once I'm at home. Although I am a little afraid of losing my progress, this still would be way better than not being able to play at all. I just wonder why Ubisoft is not coming up with such ideas?

• jewlz2814
    7 posts

@sierra4bac dude u r my savior Ty so much

• TalenZyn
    1 posts

Same problem has happened to me. How is this still a bug?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @TalenZyn,

Sorry to hear that your cursor is not moving.

Can you please confirm if you're playing with a wired or wireless controller? Additionally, can you please confirm if you performed any troubleshooting steps, by any chance? If not, can you please try all the steps listed in this article?

Many tanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics