Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MattFizak
    Original poster 7 posts

After being stuck on the Honor's Hubris quest for a week, being unable to progress any further in the game I want to explore my options for requesting a refund.

I'm playing on Xbox One and purchased the standard digital edition of the game for £60 on the Microsoft Store.

This bug has stopped myself and many others from playing for upto 4 weeks and the only thing we've been told is it will be fixed in the next patch, with no date given as to when that will be.

The game has clearly been released in an unfinished state to coincide with the launch of next gen consoles, and the Honor's Hubris bug along with many other game breaking bugs in the main story has made it unplayable therefore not fit for purpose.

Please advise

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sandythehippy
    39 posts

@mattfizak if purchased from Microsoft store, you would need to request a refund from them...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

However, its unlikely that it "qualifies" for a refund... should read em terms and conditions carefully

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@sandythehippy you will not get a refund. They played this very nicely (strategic). I also asked for a refund but: 'you did not buy it at the Ubisoft store'.
    Also they 'it is under investigation' kept players hoping but its just stalling so the time for having the right of refund passes.

Just know this, a multibillion dollar company as Ubisoft should never take a month to fix a bug. Utter bull, its a strategy.

I am stuck on Sons of Ragnar for 26 days now, together with a lot of other people. Progression cannot be made and it is a level 20 mission (start of game).
    DOnt bother getting a refund, just throw the game away. Useless bugfest.

• sandythehippy
    39 posts

@petteflet88 thats why I linked the MICROSOFT STORE, not ubisoft. No point asking ubisoft to refund if purchased from xbox store.

But as I also stated, won't have any joy there either, as to qualify, it has to be 14 days from purchase, and less than 2hours worth of play, in most cases anyways...

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@sandythehippy Yeah, indeed. Microsoft will not give refund indeed.
    Basically, you are screwed. Thats why I said the 'we are investigating' was a tactic, because now almost nobody can get a refund anymore.

• NightSkeeter
    3 posts

@petteflet88 Indeed. And microsuck will say "we can't refund games that have been played" It's all a bunch of bull. They sell a broken game, and no one wants to man up and refund anyone. I already filed for a refund and got denied. I am to the point that I am about to file a paypal dispute, and just go back to PC gaming, and give microsoft the middle finger and let them ban my account on pure principles.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@nightskeeter Middlefinger to ubi they release a broken game, fix [censored]

• NightSkeeter
    3 posts

@petteflet88 Yeah, but microsoft is the seller. Broken items should be refunded. Period. I put blame on them both. Even microsoft refused to issue a refund on diablo 3 I got on black friday after I requested one after the so called "cloud" and on the actual console erased a character, and gavesave. I spent 45 hours on it to get to level 70, and fully explore the game and lore so I can rift with friends and my game save erased, or didn't store to the cloud. I'm back to level 5. They said the same bullsheet "We don't refund games that have been played".

Then on top of that, if they know it's broken all digital SELLERS should cease selling it.

• MattFizak
    Original poster 7 posts

Maybe we'll get more luck on Twitter. Companies tend to respond quicker on there, they don't want the bad publicity.

Not something I like to do but honestly, this is ridiculous

• Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

I'm just gonna stick to buying games off Steam in future, so much easier to get a refund there. Screw the rest of the stores and screw Ubisoft for releasing the game in such a broken state. Such a disgusting practice from a big publisher, they'll never change either.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@mattfizak noo, i have been on twitter asking and complaining for this, got little tot no response.

• Noxious81
    42 posts

I've been blocked from starting the game for more than two weeks now and have also tried to get a refund on game which I cannot start or play.

And yes, as already mentioned, Microsoft does not give you a refund as long as you were able to play the game at least two hours. If the game doesn't start anymore after having played it for more than hours you are basically screwed.

I also started a PayPal dispute which is still pending and missing a reaction from Microsoft Payments. I just want to return a product which doesn't function. I've I am blocked from playing the game, from using the product, the product is definitely not as described.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@noxious81 well, their stalling with: 'under investigation' made it almost impossible for most people to get a refund. Well played Ubisoft

• Noxious81
    42 posts

@petteflet88
    Yep, it's a shame. Although having "lost" 70 € for buying this game kind of hurts, it's much more of a disappointment to me that I was really looking forward to this game (after taking a break from the Assassin's Creed IP since Unity) and now I am just so [censored] after all those chats, mails, reports, tickets, videos etc. which I exchanged with Ubisoft, Microsoft and PayPal... There's just no enjoyment anymore in this game left for me.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@noxious81 same. I paid 100 euro... Even when I can finally finish this game (which will definately be AFTER Cyberpunk) it feels like a loss.
    I played AC since Altair... 2007... It has been a great journey, but this Bughalla ruined the series for me. Last ac / ubi gam I bought. I finished my creed.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics