Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RCViper047
    Original poster 14 posts

Hello, I have since Mid November until today several random freezes, mainly followed by a crash without error message. I don't know why, but the freezes/crashes happen more frequently last frew day. Before i had a random freeze/crash and played few days without any error. Now I have within 30 Minutes at least 2 crashes. By 2 freezes I had to end the game with taskmanager.

It happens, like I wrote, randomly, during travel with horse, a cutscene, walking around, during battle, etc......

Looking at Eventmanger, etc...I got error messages .:
    Problem Event Name:   LiveKernelEvent
    Code:   141
    Parameter 1:   ffffd38d1e041460
    Parameter 2:   fffff80596652298
    Parameter 3:   0
    Parameter 4:   2f54
    OS version:   10_0_19042
    Service Pack:   0_0
    Product:   768_1
    Operating system version:   10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101

-> (connected with nvlddmkm error message)

Then a deeper view I saw also D3DDRED2 error messagee, connected with Assassins Creed Valhalla.exe.

At first I checked my Hardware/Software for errors, but no problems found.
    Did a reinstall of GPU driver (RTX 2080 / 8GB ), I used the last 2 drivers + current driver - same error.
    Updated my Windows 10 to current version...no change regarding errors
    All other drivers (sound, etc) up to date.
    No Overheating during game.

I have with no other games problems. I have only with Valhalla the above-mentioned problems.

I think the problem is Valhalla itself, but during my search some answered "no, it's your faulty hardware and not AC Valhalla".

Is known that Ubisoft know about the crashes like this one? Have more such crashes like me? Is my assumption possibly right that Valhalla could be the problem?

Currently I will stop playing ACV.

Sadly, I had almost 95 hours no problems and now I have 2 crashes within 30-45 minutes.

my PC

RTX 2080 8GB
    i7-9700K
    16GB RAM
    Win 10 (20H2)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xIHighVoltageIx
    1 posts

Same error

try this driver...they works fine for me...i dont know its a nvidia problem or valhalla problem

Nvidia Driver 457.30

• sattium85
    99 posts

@rcviper047
    i have the same thing after patch 1.04 get random freezes, here is my theme
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/87898/random-crash-v1-04-at-good-pc/1?_=1607544612855

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hello, and I hope you all are having a good day! I am sorry that these crashes have been happening! Due to the error provided, please try re-installing the supporting software for your game. Afterwards, make sure to immediately restart your PC or the steps will not register as complete. Then, verify your game files and test your game out again.

However, if this continues, please create a Support ticket and attach your MSinfo and DxDiag files.

Official Response
  • shyam3010
    84 posts

@rcviper047 Yeah, Valhalla is the problem. Too many people are experiencing crashes with this game for it to be down to anything else. I’ve instead been playing Skyrim and it hasn’t crashed AT ALL.

Also, I’d strongly suggest you don’t play Valhalla until Ubisoft fix the crashing problem, since a lot of people are reporting that their saved data is being lost upon crash.

I’ve made a post a week ago about the crashes, you might want to check it out

• RCViper047
    Original poster 14 posts

@shyam3010 @UbiKobold @xIHighVoltageIx @sattium85

I've noticed that the crashes/freezes I have reported isn't a rare problem...sadly.

I did what UbiKobold wrote and made a reinstall of the support files (with pc restart, verifying files after new start). I want to say additionally that I have also an update of my gpu driver (nvidia 460.79) since yesterday.

After I started Game in Launcher, I noticed that game installed the support files again....just for 1 or 2 seconds visible the installation bar.

Ingame I was able to end the mission for Halfdan and to travel around without a crash. Played 30 minutes.

Honestly, I cant say at this moment if UbiKobold's suggestion was the key or if I had just luck.

Maybe I will try a few hours until the game would crash again. I would post again. Then I would stop to play ACV until Ubisoft found and fixed the problem.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@rcviper047 Yeah, it would be good if you can update again on here if your game has crashed again. I hope the 1.0.5 patch next week will fix it once and for all

• Short_Bus_Jimmy
    1 posts

HAs anything happened on this? I am crashing once or twice a day with the kernel event 141.

• Durrf
    7 posts

Same errors as OP. RTX 3080 here (Happening in driver versions 457.30 and 461.33).

Random crashes to desktop that generate D3DDRED2/LiveKernelEvent 141/nvlddmkm errors. Sometimes I can go 6-8hrs+ without a crash... other times it happens within minutes.

• sorry_dunno
    7 posts

@durrf Hi, did you find a way to solve this problem? I have a RTX 3080, too. Sometimes I can play for two hours without a crash and sometimes I have three crashes in ten minutes. Event viewer shows nvlddmkm error after every crash.
    On the other hand I can run CP2077 maxed out for 8 hours without a single crash.

• Durrf
    7 posts

@sorry_dunno I never found a fix. I just kept crashing my way through until the end of the story so I could get some value out of the money I spent... Finished the game and uninstalled. Wish I had better news to report!

• sorry_dunno
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sorry_dunno
    7 posts

@durrf Well, that's a shame. However, thank you very much for your answer!

Yesterday I even tried to reduce my GPU Clock Speed by 100 MHz (ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC). That did not change anything regarding the crashes.
    My last attempt will be to perform a clean Windows and AC Valhalla install. If that ist not going to solve problem, I'm done with the game.

Although my hopes aren't too high. I had a similar problem, when I was playing The Division 2 with an AMD 290x. I never had similar problems in other games however TD2 kept randomly crashing with an entry in event log, that watman stopped working. I was not able to solve that problem until I upgraded to a 5700 XT.

• YazX_
    168 posts

@sorry_dunno it has nothing to do with your hardware, the issue is wide spread, the game does something that causes drivers to crash, might be the game, drivers fault, or DX12 fault.
    there are no workarounds or fix, older drivers dont crash as much as new ones but they still crash randomly.

i noticed that frequent crashes happen whn playing at the bottom left regions of the map, it crashes every 15-30 mins, in other areas its much less frequent. thats why you see crashing reports after playing 50 hours as you dont get to these regions until you are leveled up and match the required level per each.

Nvidia knows about these crashes and tried to fix and posted in multiple release notes about the fix, it but till today its not actually fixed.

• sorry_dunno
    7 posts

@yazx_ I don't blame my hardware in the sense that I think that it's faulty. Otherwise I would see this behaviour in other games, too. But I believe, that it has to be a combination of a specific piece of hardware and this game which probably makes tracking down the cause of the issue a pain in the ...
    Either way, it would be great to see this error on the known issues megathread.

• Durrf
    7 posts

@sorry_dunno I tried undervolting, overvolting, underclocking and overclocking too (MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC for reference). Undervolting and underclocking appeared to give me the best results and allowed me to finish the game but I would still crash eventually. And similar to you, this is the only game that gives me any trouble.

Other things I tried:

• Reinstalled Valhalla several times and the Ubisoft Connect software
    • Tried different GPU driver versions using DDU each time
    • Disabled every background service I was able to
    • Set Valhalla to run as admin
    • Deleted Ubisoft cache folder
    • Created a virtual memory page file on the m2 drive where Valhalla was installed (At first I thought this was the winner because I lasted several days without a crash but then it started happening again)

And that's when I decided to power through the game, crashes and all, finish and delete it!

• sorry_dunno
    7 posts

@durrf Thank you very much. I read your post while I was preparing my fresh Windows install. The last one was around the end of january so, as I already mentioned, my hopes weren't too high that this approach would eventually solve my problem.
    Now I'm just going to do what apparently most of the poeple did who are affected by these kind of crashes. Either I have the nerves to accept the crashes or I'm just going to skip this game. And most likely it is the latter.

• YazX_
    168 posts

@sorry_dunno i've just had it with these TDRs, i rolled back to 442.19 driver (Feb 2020) with clean install and so far so good, to my surprise, these drivers work alot better than the new ones, i get higher FPS, if you are on 3000 series then you are out of luck as these drivers will not detect your graphics card.

• Asryan2a
    73 posts

I'm having the exact same issue i tried EVERYTHING

reinstall windows
    Reinstall games
    ubisoft connect and games are on the same drive
    disabling cloud save...

but i continue to have this random freeze ...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics