Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hello everyone! I am very sorry for the late response, but I appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. We are currently investigating this issue of not being able to access your cloud saves on PS5. I sincerely apologize for any trouble that this has caused. Just in case, please check out our site here. If you are still unable to proceed, please provide your answers to the following questions.

• Do you see the cloud save icon on your PS4 saves?
    • Have you ever played offline?
    • Do you have different PS4/PS5 PSN accounts?
    • If you launch the PS4 version of the game on the PS5, do you have your progress?
    • Can you launch the Connect overlay or the Animus Store? Do you get an error message?
    Official Response
  • H00cem
    1 posts

Hi
    First I have both digital versions of PS4 and PS5 installed on my PS5 and I don't have my PS4 any longer:
    To answer your questions:
    Yes I do see the cloud symbol on some of the PS4 version saves and I can load them on the ps5 version and vice versa but as far as I am concerned my issue is that the cloud saving is not consistent sometimes it works just fine sometimes not. For examle yesterday I played the PS5 version and each time I followed the procedure described in the article about cross platform progression : saved manually, waited two minutes and went back to the title screen there was no cloud symbol on my saves and after about 4 or 5 hours I manged to get one on the cloud but when I switched to the PS4 version I had an error message which basically said it was unable to retrieve save data from the cloud
    I never played offline, except one time my internet went down for a couple of seconds so I got disconnected briefly
    I have the same account for PS4 and PS5
    I never had any issue with the store
    Best regards
    P.S: I am doing all this just to finish my trophy lists on both platforms because when I switched to the PS5 version some trophies I already achieved on PS4 which are linked to the story didn't unlock so I have to unlock them again son I would recommend a shared list between the two versions or the option to enable synchronizing both lists instead of having to juggle between saves 🙂

• Shloky007
    2 posts

@ubikobold

Hi, I have the same problem. I can’t see any cloud symbol on my ps4 and ps5 version. It’s very annoying cause I want to transfer my ps4 save data to ps5. I played AC Valhalla more than 130 hours and I can’t transfer my save data to PS5. So please help ASAP.

Thank You.

• Dev_elop_er...
    4 posts

Facing the same issue and tried every possible solution. My save files are missing cloud icon and also played the ps4 version for an hour or so. Please at least let us know if the issue can be resolved or are we stuck with the Ps4 version with false advertisement?

• mr_joda
    1 posts

Same problem here 😞

• Wijawahyu
    1 posts

same problem here i can't see any save cloud icon on my ps4 version , but i'm certain i saw that icon on my old ps4 & save them to my ps+ cloud. but cloud icon disapear when play ps4 version even on ps5 version when i try start a new geme for 2 hour on my ps5. please ubi fix this, i love this game so much i spend 90 hour on my old ps4 😭

• xp194
    2 posts

@ubikobold

Hi, I have the same issue.

• I do not see the cloud save icon on any of my PS4 saves, even manual ones where I've left the game running for hours afterwards
    • I have never played offline to my knowledge
    • My PSN is the same across both consoles
    • My PS4 progress is available on the PS4 version of the game on my PS5
    • I can launch the Store and Connect overlays on both versions of the game
  • borisbog
    11 posts

Absolutely same problem here.
    I was playing for about 60 hours on my PS4, when I finally managed to get my hands on PS5
    Then, after the file transfer, I launched AC:V to find there is no "Load Game" option.
    After a 15 minutes of grieving for my lost time I understood that I can run a PS4 version, and here they were, all of my saves (transferred from the old console, of course)
    Two months later, I am very close to the platinum (but no cigar due to couple of glitches), yet still no cloud icons on any saves.
    Save/autosave/went to Ubisoft Connect menu, went to Animus store, disabled autosync, enabled autosync in the ubiconnect profile, nothing seems to work, there are just no cloud icons on any of my saves. Too bad.

• UbiKobold

Thanks everyone for your responses! My apologies for the delay. After the update 1.2.0, are you still unable to access your cloud saves from PS4 to PS5? You may need to go back and try re-sending the save files from PS4 before loading them on your PS5. If you are still unable to access them, let me know if you are missing the cloud save icon on your PS4 saves. Thank you again for all of your assistance with this issue!

Official Response
  • Bingo_McFriskin
    3 posts

@ubikobold
    Just chiming in with the same issue. AC Valhalla (v1.2.0.1 on original PS4) will not create cloud saves, so I cannot progress on PS5. I've already submitted a support case with one of my save files.

Every time the game boots on either PS4 or PS5, I see this error: "A problem occurred while trying to communicate with Ubisoft online service. Please try again later. Visit http://support.ubisoft.com If this problem persists. [0x20100501]"
    The error code is the same every time.

After this error, I can play normally, save locally, and Ubisoft Connect is linked properly to my PSN account on both PS4 and PS5. But when I quit to the title screen and load a save, none of the saves have the cloud icon.

I have tried (with no success):

• Unlinking and re-linking my Ubisoft Connect account
    • Erasing two older save files that did have cloud icons but were missing ~80 hours of progress
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling the game on both platforms
    • Loading the PS4 version of the game on PS5- progress is present only on the PS4 version
    • Feasting and sleeping at Ravensthorpe and playing for an hour to see if a new cloud save is generated

In case it matters:

• I did have an issue several months ago with corrupted save files. I am not sure if this was when the cloud saves stopped updating.
    • I used the "Online Save" function in Immortals: Fenyx Rising (same Ubisoft Connect account) with no issue.

You mentioned "re-sending the save files from PS4 before loading them on your PS5". I don't see a way to do this other than using the PS Data Transfer, which does not transfer PS4 progress to the PS5 version. Is there a way to force a cloud save?

• UbiKobold

@bingo_mcfriskin Thank you for letting me know that you are still unable to utilize your cloud saves on PS5! I am very sorry that this has been continuing for you. Just in case, have you tried restoring your licenses on PS4 and PS5 since the latest update? The, test your game again. Also, thanks for providing all of the troubleshooting that you have completed so far. Can you provide some images from your gameplay that show the cloud save icon is missing for you? Also, in regards to my previous comment about re-sending the save files, I was referring to logging onto your PS4 and double checking that you are able to cloud save there first. My apologies for the miscommunication, as there is not a way to manually force a cloud save.

Official Response
  • Bingo_McFriskin
    3 posts

@ubikobold Thanks very much for the reply. I have tried restoring licenses on both the PS4 and PS5 since the latest update (1.2.0.1), unfortunately with no success.

Attached are screenshots showing the top of my save list where cloud icons would normally be (they do not appear anywhere on the list), along with the error message I get every time I load the game.

Thank you for your help!

undefinedundefined

• Bingo_McFriskin
    3 posts

For anyone who is still dealing with this, Ubisoft support helped me figure it out.
    In my case, it was a custom port forwarding rule on my router. ACV needs TCP ports 80 and 443. I had a rule for another device set up on port 80 that was blocking the cloud save.
    Hope this is helpful for someone else!

• guest-a0w6vEAB
    5 posts

@borjaruete Updated from PS4 version to PS5 and save games didnt. About 60 hrs in the dust bin. So yep, same here.

• UbiKobold

Thank you for sharing what our Support suggested for you Bingo_McFriskin! I am happy to hear that this worked! If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please try these steps.

Also, this issue should now be resolved. You may need to access the game from the original console to re-send your cloud saves, and I highly suggest making sure that your game and systems are up to date. However, if anyone is still encountering this and the mentioned workarounds are not resolving it, please let us know so that we can alert the Game team!

Official Response
  • perunski4
    3 posts

@bingo_mcfriskin u still having that error message when u launch the game? Its happening to me too

• dannybwooy24
    2 posts

@guest-a0w6veab I have put in 260 plus hours into this game. Got my ps5 yesterday and it looks like I'm going to have to start from scratch. What is going on? This is so disappointing!

• dannybwooy24
    2 posts

@ubikobold  I have put in 260 plus hours into this game. Got my ps5 yesterday and it looks like I'm going to have to start from scratch. What is going on? This is so disappointing!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 74 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing your save.

Can I check that you have attempted to resave your game on the PS4 and have everything updated on both consoles?

Many thanks,

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics