Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

No one mentioning the weapons growing glitch? So immersion breaking when my hammers look like kid toys. Sheathed they look normal, but unsheathing them causes them to balloon and they look absolutely ridiculous. It happens with every weapon except maybe shields, but that might be harder to notice. Would appreciate any help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, we have an update regarding this issue of shrinking and enlarged weapon appearance when sheathing weapons -

We can confirm that the weapon resizing is working as intended. Weapons becoming smaller as they're sheathed is done to help avoid major clipping issues during parkour, combat, and other common actions in-game.

As a result, this is not a feature that will be changed in the game by the development team, but we thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

Official Response
  • Lemonidas.
    2 posts

Is it supposed to be like this?
    That the weapon grows in size when equipped, it ruins a lot of the weapons for me as I find the appearance silly...
    The option tho at least lock the size visually, would be a step in the right direction in my opinion🤔

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@lemonidas Thats a feature that ubisoft has implemented since AC Origins. But in AC Origins only spears were affected from this feature. I think the reason behind this was, that the weapon should not look to large when you take it on your back and not to small when you hold in in your hand. In AC Origins it was a smart solution for the spears in my opinion. In AC Valhalla are many more weapons affected from this effect. The hammers, spears, greatswords and predator bows. I would also appreciate when they would take a deeper look on the affected weapons and give would give them an "reasonable" size. Hammer and spears would look rediculous tiny if they would not expand and would at the same would to large if they don't shrink in your holster. But for greatswords and predator bows I would totally agree with you - they look way to large like a final fantasy weapon or something like that. And thats what you said, it makes them really unattractive to use. But it would be also a good idea to make this effect toggable in the menu, maybe even for each weapon type so you could avoid the too small spears or hammers.

• TinySpaceGuy
    4 posts

I have the same thing. I'm just thankful that someone else has this problem. At least now I know its not just me. Hopefully they fix it soon.

• TinySpaceGuy
    4 posts

@fgx1988 I didn't know that was something that they did. I just thought it was a bug. If I'm honest I would prefer it if they gave us the option. I don't really want my weapons to grow. Holding a giant hammer looks really silly.

• TinySpaceGuy
    4 posts

Why do the weapons grow when I use them. It looks ridiculous. The funny thing is, After 30 hours of playing I've only just noticed. Has it always been there or is this a bug

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@tinyspaceguy I would also not have fun with a hammer or a spear if they would have the size like they have when you have them in your sheats, because in this case it would be to tiny. As I said I thought that it was a good feature for the spears in AC Origins and in that game you had to look really close to notice and it would be completely okay if they had it used it in AC Vlhalla in the same decent way . In AC Valhalla they have overdone this effekt as they use it nearly everywhere. Even the cats expands in AC Valhalla when you pet them... 

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@tinyspaceguy
    Lol just noticed that too.

Probably because the weapons look weird when they sheathed while the regular size, and they wanted the weapons to look a certain size while being used.

Would prefer if they didn't but it doesn't bother me that much.

• TheGrimReeferzz
    44 posts

@ultimatepowa yh I didn't notice it untill someone mentioned it . I would expect that sort of thing from a game 10 years old not a game in 2020 .

Ubisoft worker #1: hey the weapons don't look right is certain areas of the game , for instance the executions.

Ubisoft worker #2: hmmm I no why don't we just make them grow in size to make it look better !?

Ubisoft worker #1: that's a brilliant idea let's do it!!

Ubisoft worker #3 : I don't no about that , its kind of stupid .

Ubisoft boss: we haven't got long on our time schedule ! Cold war is coming out the 13 and cyberpunk is around the corner we can't hurt our sales make them mother f***** grow baby !

• FGx1988
    101 posts

It‘s Not just the weapons, Go and pet a cat and see how the cat expanse:D
    by the way that feature was implemented since AC origins but there were only spears affected By this Effect and you just noticed it when you Look Really close

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

Are you noticing this on certain items, or all?

If possible, would you be able to provide some images/video clips highlighting these differences?

Finally, can you also let us know what platform you're playing on, and then we can get this information passed on 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • FGx1988
    101 posts

@ubi-litten undefinedundefinedundefined

In the first picture the predator bow and the spear have clearly a smaller size that in the pictures below. They expand when you take them in your hands and when you put them back in your sheath they will shrink again. This affects predator bows and two-handed swords, spears and hammers as far as I could recognise it. I know that the developer have worked with this effect since AC Origin, and for some kind of weapons it would maybe make sence because either on your back or in your hand the weapon for example a spear would not have a acceptable size. I would appreciate it if your developer team could adjust the sizes for the weapons to a more reasonal level. Especial the predator bows and the two-handed swords expands too much. If this should not possible I would like to see some toggle in the menu where the player can decide if they want to use the effect in a weapon category or not.

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@ubi-litten here some more pictures where you can see that the two-handed swords become almost the size of the player himself

undefined

undefinedundefined

undefinedundefined

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-ginge I am on OG Xbox One. It is all weapons, they look normal when sheathed, but when i swing them, they grow to silly sizes. It is most noticeable with hammers, but yeah, every weapon. Idk how to provide a clip, but i will try.

Edit: it won't let me post video, says i don't have permissions. I'll upload to youtube and post link.

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • raphaelzoren
    24 posts

Growing isn't the problem; shrinking when sheated is the problem. Combat was designed with the unsheathed weapon sizes (otherwise the reach of all of them would be halved).

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@raphaelzoren no, check the video below. They look ridiculous unsheathed. If they looked like that while sheathed, they wouldn't fit in the sheath.

@ubi-ginge

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Tskales
    2 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 It's actually not a glitch but a very bad intentional game design choice. It's working as intended but it's so ridiculous that it may as well be a glitch.

God knows what they were smoking when they looked at that and thought it would be ok.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics