Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 390 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, we have an update regarding this issue of shrinking and enlarged weapon appearance when sheathing weapons -

We can confirm that the weapon resizing is working as intended. Weapons becoming smaller as they're sheathed is done to help avoid major clipping issues during parkour, combat, and other common actions in-game.

As a result, this is not a feature that will be changed in the game by the development team, but we thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

Official Response
  • raphaelzoren
    24 posts

Growing isn't the problem; shrinking when sheated is the problem. Combat was designed with the unsheathed weapon sizes (otherwise the reach of all of them would be halved).

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@raphaelzoren no, check the video below. They look ridiculous unsheathed. If they looked like that while sheathed, they wouldn't fit in the sheath.

@ubi-ginge

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Tskales
    2 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 It's actually not a glitch but a very bad intentional game design choice. It's working as intended but it's so ridiculous that it may as well be a glitch.

God knows what they were smoking when they looked at that and thought it would be ok.

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@tskales if you don't have a swirly Ubisoft icon next to your name, I don't really need your input. Not trying to be rude, but for the first 6 to 8 hours, the weapons never changed sizes. They are using the same engine as Origins and I booted that game up a week ago. No growing weapons. There isn't a point to grow the weapons, as the "range" can be added invisibly.

• Vlad_The_Poker
    6 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 Odyssey did the same thing, it's not a bug. The weapons visually shrink when sheathed to reduce clipping.

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@vlad_the_poker again, this clearly a bug. The weapons should not look comical. This wasn't happening until about 8 hours in. Sometime after the hunt with the hunting lady where you hallucinate about the white elk.

• FGx1988
    100 posts

@ubi-litten Update: all weapons are affected by this feature (except daggers), but some like axes not as much as other weapons

• Vlad_The_Poker
    6 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 Not a bug, go back and check Odyssey. It's an intended feature. Just because you don't like a particular feature doesn't mean that it's a bug.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@ubi-litten a lot of players are not liking the enlarging weapons especially when the weapons shows a nice smaller size in the inventory screen, like the hammers and axes, the spear is liturally the only weapon that should shrink and grow, all others should stay the size they are in the inventory screen, the big joke about these large weapons is that assassins creed is becoming dark souls

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@vlad_the_poker 1- Odyssey was made by a different team
    2- Origins, made by THIS team, had no such issue
    3- The weapons did not balloon until about 8 hours in
    4- they look stupid at 4x the size
    5- YOU are NOT a Ubisoft admin. Stop trying to speak for them.

Edit: I went back and looked at Odyssey combat. I am correct. Did you even watch my clip lol?

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FGx1988
    100 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FGx1988
    100 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 AC: Origins had the same effect, but only spears were affected and it was in a much more decent way so you didn't notice it until you were looking really close to it.

• Sciss0rman
    46 posts

I had something similar....

It was a mystery, but I don't remember which one.
    I had to talk to a kid that apparently took some growth hormones while talking.
    After the talk, the kid was a head taller than me.

Not sure if the weapon thingy is a bug, but that kid one definitely was. 😄

• Vlad_The_Poker
    6 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 It's the same engine and a lot of the same assets. You realize that they share a codebase, right? AC Origins didn't have as many large weapons so it may not have been noticeable, but Odyssey 100% had shrinking/growing weapons. You say it didn't start until 8 hours in, but perhaps that's when you actually realized it, not when it started happening (from the very beginning). It's an open forum, not a personal support ticket, so anyone with an account can chime in with their experience and/or opinion.

• Hunterr12
    30 posts

Unfortunately this has been around since Origins. It's was only really noticeable in those games on just the two handed weapons. However it's even worse in Valhalla because even the one handed ones have it now. Hammers especially look bad, but even the daggers and axes have some resizing from sheathed to unsheathed. Also the spear that came with the twitch reward thing gets hilariously thin when sheathed.

• tony.hawk.1996
    Original poster 10 posts

@vlad_the_poker [REMOVED] They make mistakes just like everyone else. If you can't see from the literal video evidence how absolutely ridiculous the weapons look at 4x normal size, there must be something wrong with you lol. Stop dismissing a clear bug as an "intended feature" just because they aren't bethesda. If weapon growing was as noticeable in Odyssey or Origins, there would've been posts about it. I made this post because no one else made one, to draw attention to an annoying bug the breaks immersion. This is a support forum, not an open forum lol. [REMOVED]

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@fgx1988 Spears are especially bad. Not only does the overall size change dramatically, but the spearhead itself seems to have a completely different model when sheathed, with entirely different proportions. Weirdly when you equip spears in the inventory, the preview shows Eivor holding the miniature version rather the enlarged version.undefinedundefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics