Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Scalesx55
    Original poster 2 posts

The problem started on the 27th of November, I had been playing Valhalla with few issues since about the 13th of November. The last time I played was November 25th, the game was freezing up a little while running in the open world, the map would only show the icons on a black screen, and the icon images for items at the market wouldn't load, only a black square showed. I was able to fix this by restarting the game a few times. I tried to play again on the 27th and have since not been able to get passed the splash screen. The game launches as normal, the Ubisoft and Ubisoft Anvil logos come and go as they should, until I get to the AC Valhalla logo. I press "A" to start and the little rune in the bottom right corner starts to spin, but it just takes me back to the splash screen with no end, and the rune continues to spin.

ALL of the fixes I see for this are for PC, how do I fix this on Xbox? I have already power cycled my Xbox several times, cleared the cache, reset my router, set my NAT type to open, switched HDMI ports, tested my network connections, uninstalled and reinstalled the game more times than I can count, and still nothing. Installing the game also makes my Xbox freeze. The download is at a snail's pace, and sometimes it stops altogether. I tried both installing ACV with the new update and separately, neither have worked. When the download does eventually complete, the splash screen loop continues, no matter how many times I restart, refresh, uninstall and reinstall. I have the gold steelbook physical copy of the game, and it's being downloaded on the Xbox's internal hard drive. This does not happen for any of the other games I have. I have every single Assassin's Creed game, and they all work fine. Even the bigger ones AC Odyssey and AC Origins work fine. The Xbox is perfectly functional on all other apps like Microsoft Edge, Netflix, etc.

I have a support case 13423892 open, but Ubisoft Support hasn't suggested anything I haven't already tried. The live chats are always at maximum capacity, so I can't talk to anyone to figure it out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@scalesx55 Hello there! For starters, thank you so much for taking the time to write this post and include so much detail regarding the issue you've been experiencing with Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment and frustration that this problem has caused you! I completely understand how disheartening it can be to not be able to load into a game suddenly after already putting some playtime in. Moving forward, I would be more than happy to gather some information and get this reported accordingly. Since you mentioned having a physical copy of the game, have you tried using it on a separate console if that option is available to you? I understand this is an odd suggestion, but it can be very helpful for the team in their investigation to know the outcome.

Official Response
  • Scalesx55
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubikoality Thanks for your help. I did actually get to try it on a different Xbox One, and the game works fine. I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong with my particular Xbox One. I really want to avoid having to buy an entire console because they're not available, and the people who are selling it used are extremely shady. Could something be wrong in my settings?

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@scalesx55 No problem at all, I'm always happy to help! Thank you for letting me know that you were able to try another console. Regarding your console, I would suggest contacting Xbox Support to see if they can provide more detailed insight on this. They would be able to let you know if it's something in your settings, or help diagnose what the exact problem is. I'm afraid I don't have access to their tools and services to investigate specific console issues myself, my apologies!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics