Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Omatsei
    Original poster 2 posts

I've played 80 hours of this game, and finally got down to the Isle of Wiht (or Isle of Wight) to do the anomaly. This is impossible. I've died about 50 times (FIFTY) trying to jump while sliding. The character just will not freaking jump. I mash the A button repeatedly, and she either jumps too early, or slides to her death. Every time. I once made it, just for that damn red wave to hit. At least 50 deaths over the past 20 minutes. This needs patched. This is ridiculous.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@omatsei
    It's not impossible it just requires precise timing. Unlike the other slopes in anomalies this one has a very small area in which the jump is accepted. My son who has better reflexes than me, estimates there is a half second lag between controller press and character response. Once we figured that and where roughly the jump window is at the bottom of each slope we were able to complete it.

• Omatsei
    Original poster 2 posts

@jsrg1840 I know what you're saying, and I did eventually make it, but it's not about timing. This isn't Sekiro (which I've also beaten), this is almost random. I tried every possible permutation of timing and positioning, whether to press forward, not to press forward, press A once, mash it, etc. Nothing worked. I eventually made it by mashing almost randomly. I know how my message reads... and yours essentially says "git gud".

• JERADTHEJUICE
    12 posts

@omatsei
    I am having a similar issue.
    I am near the finish and no matter what I try I can't jump I just run off the edge. I have watched several YouTube videos and they have no problem. There is diffently a glitch with the controls on this level.😠

• subjectivity
    1 posts

@omatsei I got it! I had exactly the same problem. Not a timing issue, not lag, just a total lack of response on one specific ramp. The first big ramp, just past the rocks. No matter how many times I pressed A, she wouldn't jump. I pressed it early, I mashed it, nothing ever happed. Over 60 times, she just slid off the end and fell. Until I changed the camera angle! That was the problem. I reversed the camera angle so it was pointed at her front, not her back, and then she jumped. Of course, I couldn't see the next ramp, but after a few times, I pressed it right before she reached the end of the first ramp, and she made the jump with no problem. If you're reading this, try turning the camera to face her.

Man, that was infuriating. It's amazing they've been making Assassin's Creed games for over a decade and Valhalla is by far the least stable they've ever made. It crashes at least once per hour on a 6 month old VR gaming computer, and there are bugs and glitches everywhere. I still can't find any fish in the ocean. Ugh.

• Kormac67
    726 posts

I have given up on these anomalies long since,
    I want to play a viking game, not a Tron hopscotch.
    Watched the anomaly cutscene on YT, totally not worth the hassle.

• jimclouser
    2 posts

I'm having the same problem. Can't jump off the long slide at all no matter what I try. Press A... Nothing. A + down, A + Left, etc, she just doesn't jump. I found that if I pour salt in my eyes, smash my thumbs in a door, and play a real game like Witcher 3, I have a MUCH better experience. This is my first AC, and I have to say, it's absolute garbage compared to Far Cry 5, RDR 2, Witcher 3, etc. The fishing bugs are ridiculous. I can't believe this is a popular series with how bad the bugs and play are.

• jimclouser
    2 posts

@omatsei
    I figured out the issue. Instead of jumping straight across, jump slightly down (to the left) on to the slide. It's a similar problem Tomb Raider had in one of its earlier versions.

• crust27
    1 posts

@kormac67 Tron hopscotch LOL

• swimmingfly
    1 posts

Ive died over 100 times. The jump never works.

• POWPOW_VonZeppy
    1 posts

Loved the game apart from the Anomalies, especially this one.
    I got to a point where I thought I just wouldn't do it, but somehow persevered and completed this one. Drove me insane attempting it though 😵

• ChuckyP555
    1 posts

I've lost count of the number of times I've died on this now and the number of hours I've wasted on it. As with all posters on this thread, I'm soo fed up that it is so hard that after playing so long I'm just going to give up.

The game has so many frustrating bugs (such as swimming in mid air, having to be anonymous when trying to complete mysteries and so on) would have thought Ubisoft would want to fix them. Maybe their view is "we've got the money, who cares?"

Will seriously consider whether to buy another AC game after this one. Such a shame when I love these tyoes of games.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This anomaly is quite demanding, as it took me a while to complete it! Can you please provide us with a few videos of this occurring, so we can have a look if there's any bug that prevents you from completing it? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • hezagenius
    1 posts

@omatsei If you haven't made it past this part, try this.
    Prior to the jump from the platform to the slope, position the camera so it's facing down the slope. Then jump to the slope (so you are kind of jumping sideways on the screen)
    Press forward as you are sliding down the slope.
    Hit the jump button as you near the bottom of the slope.
    It will take a few tries to get the timing worked out.
    I think the key is pressing forward as you slide.

• Somnorila
    2 posts

@hezagenius I watched a clip after i tried probably 20 times and did the same and worked on first try. I don't know why or how but i guess it doesn't work to jump if you are going to die anyway. So jump on the first slope when you see the red wave that it started and it's coming towards you.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @somnorila,

Thank you for sharing this! I hope it will help the others with this demanding challenge! 🙂

Official Response
  • Gunner_pride
    1 posts

@omatsei For anyone still playing this, the patch was done so the slide involves double pressing the jump button as you go down the slope, whichever system. Good luck!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 432 posts

@gunner_pride Thank you for updating everyone here!

If any players experience any issues with this after the update, please report it here.

Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics