Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Onefastlife
    19 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    Please take a look at the jotunheim abandoned mine key bug. Various threads about it and no response.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Beast of the Hills" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Beast of the Hills" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • DREWMAYES112
    2 posts

I have the same problem, I killed it when it was glitched now I cant collect the quest it says still available but the bear is definitely dead.. 😕

• morphus83
    3 posts

Located the area for the legendary bear, however it will not spawn, been back 10 times now and still not spawning. is anyone else having this issue, obviously without this it will impact numerous trophies. Its bad enough having half the npcs bugged out.

• m1au
    48 posts

if you mean the brown/black one (terror of the hills?), mine spawned directly above his cellar in front of an enemy camp. was able to defeat him without him fighting back

• guest-COwRcq2F
    12 posts

If you're referring to the bear in Jotunheim I had to jump down into the pit with him to get him to activate.
    You also might have to do part of the storyline and hear the 3 ladies, Destiny, Fate and can't remember the name of the 3rd one talk about the Bear, the Serpent and the Tower for it to activate. I've had this happen before with having to do storyline for Wealth, Mystery or Artifact to be reachable.

• RabbitohsFan
    2 posts

When I go to this fight, the bear is glitched just outside the camp above. I can kill the bear, but it doesn't even attempt to hit me. When I run back to the cave, the fight completes. I have loaded every save, with the same result. I'm on ps4.

• vipandree
    8 posts

@rabbitohsfan happended to me. Kill this beast very quickly and the beast didn't fight back.

• morphus83
    3 posts

@m1au it is the one on the hills, located in the wine cellar, lair of the beast from what I remember I will search around the area to see if I can spawn it, but watching videos it looks like it spawns in the wine cellar

• m1au
    48 posts

@morphus83
    yeah I know but mine did not spawn inside the cellar although he should. I got into that cellar than Eivor said something but nothing happened. Got out and saw that giant bear at the camp outside directly above the place where he should spawn

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hey all! Thanks for the information regarding this, as well as sharing your own findings!  morphus83 - I'm curious to know if you were able to find the bear in the end, or are you still having trouble locating it?

Official Response
  • laughingvulcan
    2 posts

Not sure if it's just me but when I found the beast of the hills, there was no creature in the actual underground dungeon, and I found it above ground roughly right above where its supposed to be, just sitting outside the nearby camp. I can fight/wound/kill it and it doesn't respond, nor does it give me the "legendary creature defeated" when its killed. I've fast traveled to other parts of the map since then but have no tried reinstalling.
    (picture: it stays in this position and then when I hit it it makes the "enemy spotted you" sound effect and it stands on four legs but still does not move or fight)

EDIT: I've seen several other people have this glitch too
    undefined

• laughingvulcan
    2 posts

UPDATE: per someone else's comment, after killing the beast up near the camp I went back down to it's lair underground and it did give me the "legendary creature defeated" notification. It just wasnt where it was supposed to be and didn't fight back at all.

• JR1923Rafael2
    2 posts

Mine is spawning. But its spawning at the entrance of the camp and its floating upwards in a praying fashion. When I hit it, he won't attack back. Kind of comical, but I'd like to actually fight it.

• SovietPapi89
    2 posts

i had the same issue. Was exploring the cave, when I got to the wine cellar it focused on the ceiling for some reason. The bear ended up being outside on top of the hill and wasn't even fighting back. If I killed him I would get the experience but not the rewards or the mystery completion. So I left it alone after loading back because I want my full completion. Hopefully it will get patched next. I also still cant speak to Rada after doing the 10 contracts

• SovietPapi89
    2 posts

@jr1923rafael2 yeah thats the same for me. He was just standing upwards “praying” and not moving

• Melinders42
    1 posts

Same situation here. Got the event completion and the rewards when we went back down to the cellar after defeating him.

• Greskolovich
    1 posts

Can confirm this as well. The bear spawned outside of the enemy camp, I killed it there and got experience for it. I went to the room where it should have spawned right afterwards and got the mystery completion and reward. I was able to turn in the reward at Ravensthorpe.

• saraaje
    1 posts

I have this same issue on ps4. I even killed the bear (next to the camp entrance) got 2 skill points but still the mission is obviously not completed.

• JR1923Rafael2
    2 posts

@melinders42 @Greskolovich Appreciate you guys saying that its possible to still complete it. That'll be my last resort. Maybe a patch will fix it eventually because I'd really like to experience fighting the bear.

• Madeezy
    67 posts

@m1au Same happened to me. However it did not register completion. I had to go back to it's original "home" and as I entered the cellar it completed for me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics