Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tylerburke006
    1 posts

Killed the beast of the hill and won’t give me the award and won’t let me fight the bear again

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Beast of the Hills" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Beast of the Hills" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • RabbitohsFan
    2 posts

When I go to this fight, the bear is glitched just outside the camp above. I can kill the bear, but it doesn't even attempt to hit me. When I run back to the cave, the fight completes. I have loaded every save, with the same result. I'm on ps4.

• vipandree
    8 posts

@rabbitohsfan happended to me. Kill this beast very quickly and the beast didn't fight back.

• morphus83
    3 posts

@m1au it is the one on the hills, located in the wine cellar, lair of the beast from what I remember I will search around the area to see if I can spawn it, but watching videos it looks like it spawns in the wine cellar

• m1au
    48 posts

@morphus83
    yeah I know but mine did not spawn inside the cellar although he should. I got into that cellar than Eivor said something but nothing happened. Got out and saw that giant bear at the camp outside directly above the place where he should spawn

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hey all! Thanks for the information regarding this, as well as sharing your own findings!  morphus83 - I'm curious to know if you were able to find the bear in the end, or are you still having trouble locating it?

Official Response
  • laughingvulcan
    2 posts

Not sure if it's just me but when I found the beast of the hills, there was no creature in the actual underground dungeon, and I found it above ground roughly right above where its supposed to be, just sitting outside the nearby camp. I can fight/wound/kill it and it doesn't respond, nor does it give me the "legendary creature defeated" when its killed. I've fast traveled to other parts of the map since then but have no tried reinstalling.
    (picture: it stays in this position and then when I hit it it makes the "enemy spotted you" sound effect and it stands on four legs but still does not move or fight)

EDIT: I've seen several other people have this glitch too
    undefined

• laughingvulcan
    2 posts

UPDATE: per someone else's comment, after killing the beast up near the camp I went back down to it's lair underground and it did give me the "legendary creature defeated" notification. It just wasnt where it was supposed to be and didn't fight back at all.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

Ran into this bug the other day. The Bear will be ABOVE Uriconium Ruins just outside the entrance to the enemy camp. Bear will NOT react to the player. Killing the bear will net you the 2 skill points, but no head.

**Workaround:
    After killing the bear, go into Uriconium Ruins all the way to the end. Go under the wall through the hole to it's "lair" and it'll update as having been killed. IF you already killed it and now are stuck with it on your autosave, entering the lair should fix it.

I did this and was able to complete the last Hunter's Hut Legendary quest and got the reward vs. waiting who knows how long for it to get fixed.

P.S. Super easy kill. Manual Save before fighting to be safe. If for some reason it doesn't update once in lair AFTER killing it above, reload the save, and use a knock back attack (Dive of Valkeries or similar) and remove your weapons from both hands if high level and knock it back towards the lair above ground. If need be, go lair, pin mark on map above your marker, then go and knock it back to that area. Kill it (2 skill points will pop up), then enter lair (head and quest complete).

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 491 posts

@bushwickedly Thank you for sharing this work around! I will provide this with our Dev team to check out these repro steps. 🙂

Official Response
  • JR1923Rafael2
    2 posts

Mine is spawning. But its spawning at the entrance of the camp and its floating upwards in a praying fashion. When I hit it, he won't attack back. Kind of comical, but I'd like to actually fight it.

• SovietPapi89
    2 posts

i had the same issue. Was exploring the cave, when I got to the wine cellar it focused on the ceiling for some reason. The bear ended up being outside on top of the hill and wasn't even fighting back. If I killed him I would get the experience but not the rewards or the mystery completion. So I left it alone after loading back because I want my full completion. Hopefully it will get patched next. I also still cant speak to Rada after doing the 10 contracts

• SovietPapi89
    2 posts

@jr1923rafael2 yeah thats the same for me. He was just standing upwards “praying” and not moving

• Melinders42
    1 posts

Same situation here. Got the event completion and the rewards when we went back down to the cellar after defeating him.

• Greskolovich
    1 posts

Can confirm this as well. The bear spawned outside of the enemy camp, I killed it there and got experience for it. I went to the room where it should have spawned right afterwards and got the mystery completion and reward. I was able to turn in the reward at Ravensthorpe.

• saraaje
    1 posts

I have this same issue on ps4. I even killed the bear (next to the camp entrance) got 2 skill points but still the mission is obviously not completed.

• JR1923Rafael2
    2 posts

@melinders42 @Greskolovich Appreciate you guys saying that its possible to still complete it. That'll be my last resort. Maybe a patch will fix it eventually because I'd really like to experience fighting the bear.

• Madeezy
    67 posts

@m1au Same happened to me. However it did not register completion. I had to go back to it's original "home" and as I entered the cellar it completed for me.

• Hern_the_Hunter
    15 posts

The oversized animal was not found in his den underground. He was standing upright near the east entrance of the nearby stockade pawing at thin air. Three soldiers walking towards the east side entrance all took fright on seeing the Beast. So much so that they ran out of the western side of the stockade never to be seen again. This made it easy to take out the remaining soldiers and loot the chest. I then went back to take up a position on the rock formation looking down at the Beast. The first arrow resulted in the Beast dropping onto all fours. However it didn't move or react as I loosed at least 15 more arrows at it's head until it fell with the front part of it's body on the ground and it's rear hanging up above the ground. On looting the body all I got back was one hunter arrow. I now go to the underground complex and on reaching the slide hole leading into it's den, I'm suddenly credited with killing the Beast of the Hills. I go into the den and am puzzled as to how it got out of there in the first place, as the only way in/out was that slide hole!?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello everyone! Thanks for posting here on the forums about this. It certainly does sound strange that the Beast was out in the wild! I've merged a few threads together that seemed to be for similar reports regarding this fight, so apologies if any conversations seem disjointed or out-of-place.

As a quick question first of all - are you missing any rewards / quest completion etc. that you should have received, or is this meant just as a report that the Beast was not to be found in its correct location? If missing rewards or completion, did you ensure to return to the Beast's proper lair after defeating it outside of the ruins (if you were able to damage it) per the account of TYUHYUN? Alternatively, did hanging around in the mission area like guest-o3bRrgAw complete the fight for you?

If any of you happen to have captured any video clips of the Beast's odd behaviour so that we could look into this further on our side, that would be fantastic. I know that my colleague KoreanBBQ passed on some information about this issue already, but it would be good to open a formal investigation if progress is being blocked by this. 🙂

@Onefastlife Please do not seek to derail threads by posting about unrelated issues - we'll reply to each thread posted as soon as possible. Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics