Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-o3bRrgAw
    Original poster 2 posts

I have a problem that when I walk into the beast of the hills room to kill the legendary animal he is not there. And the icon is indicating it’s above me. I have tried restarting and fast travelling.

Anyone else with this problem?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3895 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with the "Beast of the Hills," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ekolan88
    8 posts

Yep, and seen on a youtube video we're not the only ones sadly.
    He is supposed to spawn in that room, even though the character looks up.

• TYUHYUN
    24 posts

When you arrive at the Beast of the Hills location, it just indicates that the boss is on top, but it does not appear.

Then I remembered seeing a strange bear on the way to the Beast of the Hills. I went back to where I saw the bear.
    The bear was just the way it looked the first time. There was no reaction to the attack.

After catching the bear, I went back to Beast of the Hills, and when I arrived, the mission was completed..

• guest-o3bRrgAw
    Original poster 2 posts

@ekolan88 I was stood outside the boss room for a good 5 minutes waiting on my phone until I got a notification saying legendary animal defeated? This is now completed

Maybe just wait it out? Hope this helps

• ekolan88
    8 posts

@guest-o3brrgaw
    This worked for me, I entered his cave and just slid right outside his room and afk'd.
    You get credit and loot

• Aeon600
    2 posts

Has any one run into an issue where the beast of the hills won't spawn? I made it all the way to the area where it should be, but the legendary hunt doesn't load. I tried restarting the game and I've even tried reinstalling it. Am I missing something to trigger it? Playing on pc, btw

• westcoasthorus
    1 posts

@aeon600

I had a similar bug to that: the bear was engaged with combat with the fort up the hill. It was stuck in combat with them. I killed it in one save game, where it was glitched and not engaging in a fight with me - it was clearly the legendary bear considering the HP it had, it wouldn't let me confirm kill, I restarted the game, still dead bear at the same spot. I tried to reload an old save and discovered it was stuck in combat there too. I have no other save games I could go back to, so I'm basically stuck there.

I'm on an Xbox One X.

• Aeon600
    2 posts

Yup found him up there fighting bandits.

• Eraser_Head92
    1 posts

I have the same problem, the bear Is on the Hills, near the bandits camp.
    he not Attack or move, Just stay sitted trying to touch the Moon 😂

• guest-R874m0CK
    2 posts

I was on my way to the underground ruins to fight the beast of the hills, but I ended up finding it outside near a small enemy camp just above. It looked like a normal bear at first, but I realized that this beast was taking forever to kill. Luckily it just stood there doing nothing. When I finally got to the ruins where the beast is suppose to be I received the notification that it was defeated. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else?

• Nud3Jynx076
    1 posts

Definitely getting the same bug on Ps4 i killed everyone at the camp but he's still there just praising the sky

• DanRag85
    10 posts

Hi the legendary animal in sciropescire the beast of the hills is bugged for me. Instead of being underground eating from a barrel he is spawned above the ground near an enemy camp. If I attack him he does not fight back and if I kill him it does not count as clearing the mystery. I have tried saving and loading, leaving the area and coming back and also leaving the animus but nothing fixes it. I'm also still waiting for the daughters of lerion bug to be fixed that I reported over two weeks ago. I'm on x box one x. Thank you.

• Darthtanien
    4 posts

The bear is on top of the cave, not in it. If I go up top he is there, stuck in an animation. Reloading older saves do not work. Fast travel does not work either. I recorded a video of the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

• MidgardGameplay
    1 posts

Hi the legendary animal in sciropescire the beast of the hills is bugged for me too. Instead of being underground eating from a barrel he is spawned above the ground near an enemy camp. If I attack him he does not fight back and if I kill him it does not count as clearing the mystery. I have tried these actions:
    - saving and loading
    - leaving the area and coming back
    - leaving the animus

Nothing fixes it. I'm on PS4. I saw another topic with the same problem but on Xbox (I actually copied the description of the bug since it is the same one: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/85790/legendary-animal-beast-of-the-hills-bugged?lang=en-US )
    More than 70h of play, this screws my Platinum objective, please help. Thank you.

• EricaAmerica_
    1 posts

The game gives the prompt, shows the name of the mission but there is no bear there.

• Darthtanien
    4 posts

@darthtanien Thanks to Garrett H who posted a work around on my video. " I killed the bear up top and ran back to the lair and I completed quest " Thank you.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 371 posts

@darthtanien Thanks for letting me know about the bear getting stuck! I'm glad to hear you were able to get this worked out though with community assistance. I've sent the video forward to the team in case any one else experiences this. 🙂

Official Response
  • Onefastlife
    19 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    Please take a look at the jotunheim abandoned mine key bug. Various threads about it and no response.

• DREWMAYES112
    2 posts

I have the same problem, I killed it when it was glitched now I cant collect the quest it says still available but the bear is definitely dead.. 😕

• morphus83
    3 posts

Located the area for the legendary bear, however it will not spawn, been back 10 times now and still not spawning. is anyone else having this issue, obviously without this it will impact numerous trophies. Its bad enough having half the npcs bugged out.

Suggested Topics