Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • maxbicking
    Original poster 3 posts

I cannot interact with Trygve at Odin's Rest. I have tried throwing things at him and he reacts, but he still won't allow me to talk to him. I've also tried loading the game from different points. This prevents me from progressing with the game. Has anyone else dealt with this? (Playing on PS4)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MiguelAuditore
    1 posts

@maxbicking Same here. I can´t interact with Trygve so I cannot continue the mission. He is not even where you should find him.
    undefined

• harry702
    1 posts

@miguelauditore I’m stuck in the exact same place and I just don’t have it in me to reload to a save from a few hours to see if that will fix it.

Any recent saves(6x) all bring me to this point where I can’t interact with him....

ps I’m on xsx

• maxbicking
    Original poster 3 posts

@miguelauditore This is exactly my problem. He's standing there on the ledge and won't respond to anything. I've thrown firebombs at him and he does nothing.

• Bigdawg98GT
    1 posts

@miguelauditore I am stuck here too. On XSX.
    Hopefully someone finds a solution or this gets patched.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Warm hello to everyone that has posted on this thread! I've reported this issue to our dedicated teams to see if they are able to reproduce this error on their end. In the meantime, if anyone can provide video footage showing that Trygve will not speak to Eivor, which blocks game progression, that would be very helpful to have.

Official Response
  • BriAtHK
    5 posts

I am having the same issue. I am on XSX. Cannot interact with Trygve.

• BriAtHK
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent would you have an email address I can send this to?

• UbiExcellent

@briathk Hey there! If you would like to submit this video clip privately, please feel free to send it to us over the support website. Once you've created a support ticket, please attach the video to your ticket using the steps listed here. Alternatively, we'll be happy to accept the footage over the forums if you're able to post the YouTube video link here.

Official Response
  • BriAtHK
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent

let me know if you see it

• BriAtHK
    5 posts

Any updates on this?

• UbiExcellent

@briathk Thank you kindly for providing this video clip, and apologies for the delay. I've sent this link to the development team and will post any updates I receive here. So far, no new information has been shared with me about this issue, but I'll continue to keep a close eye on this!

Official Response
  • AP0TH30S1S4
    1 posts

Any updates I've been waiting for about a month on a fix.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

Hello there @AP0TH30S1S4! Welcome to the forums 🙂

The development team are still investigating this issue further. Once we have any new updates to share from the investigation, they will be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows you're unable to interact with Trygve, and that you're unable to proceed further with this quest? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • guest-Ou4NrgWO
    1 posts

Been having the same problem. May have found a *POSSIBLE* fix for this. If you aim at his head with your bow, there's a certain spot that turns red. I shot at this and it let me speak to him straight away. Good luck 🤞

• BriAtHK
    5 posts

@guest-ou4nrgwo

I tried just now and still no way to interact with Trygve.

Ubisoft, please fix this. This area is the only one left for me to do and it is very frustrating that I cannot finish the main storyline because of a bug. I want to finish this but your game doesn’t allow me to!

• maxbicking
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-borealis OP here. I've been waiting for a fix for this since I originally started this thread in early December 2020. I uploaded a video at the link below (can't upload a vid directly as I don't have permissions)

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

Hello there!

@guest-Ou4NrgWO - Thanks for sharing how you were able to interact with Trygve in "Borrowed Time." I'm glad to hear you've been able to proceed with this quest.

@BriAtHK - Please be assured that the development team are investigating this issue further. Once we have any updates to share with you all from the investigation, we will post about this within the thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

@maxbicking - Thank you for taking the time to share a video with us. You may not be able to upload the video directly to your posts, but sharing a link works great instead! I've added this video to your original report to the development team.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Joelcito_
    1 posts

Just had this glitch today on PS5 and was able to fix it by loading back to the Vili in the cave under the waterfall. When I got to Odin's Rest there was a talk option next to the NPC that disappeared when I pressed triangle. Finally I tried someone else's suggestion to shoot an arrow at his head and the option to talk reappeared so that I could continue the quest. Hope this helps if anyone else is stuck there.

• UbiExcellent

@joelcito_ Thank you so much for sharing this workaround! I'm delighted to hear that you were able to work past this issue with not being able to interact with Trygve at Odin's Rest. I also share the same sentiment and hope that this helps others that encounter this issue as well.

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics