Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PaintedAme
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm playing on an original PS4 with a disc version of the game. My game has been crashing since day one at random intervals. The crashes have only increased in frequency as I progress through the story (or since the 1.0.4 patch). It crashes the most often between 0010 and 0030 (EST), but this was after several hours of constant play.

More recently, in addition to the midnight crash, it is happening multiple times throughout the day. I've been turning the PS4 off or closing the game entirely periodically throughout the day, but this did not stop it from crashing twice within an hour while completing part of the Winchester arc. In that case, I did notice the game improved once I left the city.

I've already turned off HDR and checked for HD space on the PS4. There is plenty of room on my HD.

I know that there are already a number of posts about this topic, but I wanted to add to the count because sometimes in some organizations number and metrics are how issues are dealt with.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@paintedame Hey there! First, I apologize for the delayed response to your post. All of our teams and support members have been extremely busy working to answer all the inquiries coming our way as a result of our recent releases. Second, I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience that this crashing may have caused you! Thank you for providing so much relevant detail for me. Moving forward, there was a patch for the game today (patch notes here). Can you let me know if you've noticed any improvements or differences regarding the crashes after completely updating your game? I'd also recommend rebuilding your database as this process acts like a computer disk defragmenter, but will not affect your save data.

Official Response
  • FireForkTS
    11 posts

I'm also having similar crashes on PC after the 1.1.0 update. I just activated the vantage point in Lincoln and had jumped off for the hay stack with this latest crash. These crashes happen at random times during gameplay, ever since the 1.0.4 update. Sometimes right at the start of combat. Game froze on flying through the air... then crashed to desktop within 5 seconds. These crashes have happened as often as every 30 minutes or so.

Memory (16gb), graphics power (NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb), and storage or processing power (Intel i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz) aren't maxing out during gameplay. Newest version of the NVidia driver for my graphics card.

The game seemed pretty stable before 1.0.4 update. I don't remember any crashes like what I've been seeing having happened before that update. I'm also not getting a prompt to report a crash or bug... and no error code. It's not game breaking... just annoying and a bit off for the immersion of the game. The newest autosave is right where it loads in after these crashes. Sometimes the objective has moved, if it was a mobile target... which is vexing to say the least, lol.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics