Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/5 Replies/74 Views
    FGx1988
    Original poster 101 posts

There are many threads about the lack of equipment and the point that we have too much fantasy based armors and way too less immersive looking gear. But I want to give my feedback and an Idea how to improve the gear system so that it would be possible to combine most of the sets and make it all look a little bit more immersive.

Personally I like the idea that we can just have a few sets which we could find in the world. Its nearly the same way witcher 3 had done it where you also had just a few sets that were actually usable and we were able to upgrade it. I absolutely not liked the necessary extreme farming in odyssey and that most of the items were absolutely garbage so that after 5 hours I don't even watched the blue Items and after a few hours more your inventory was always full with 400 armor parts that you would never ever use in your lifetime. 
    The problem during just having a few sets is that you have a lack of diversification to choose from. You have around 10 sets which means you have even less options as in AC origins. To be fair - most of theme have an alternative look when you upgrade the items but to benefit from that we need a transmog system so there would be a few more options to individualize you character. But unfortunately even with a transmog system we will get by far not as much as in Odyssey and additionally most of the outfits fit not with gear parts of an other outfit, because some use gold metal parts, some use silver metal parts and we have fabric parts in red, blue green etc and further more, some of the outfits are too much fantasy based. So even if we could mix the sets with each other they would not fit regarding the metal and color parts.

To fix this in Valhalla I would like to see that the transmog System include some color variants or "drys" that we could purchase at the vendors for the the existing outfits and weapons. In that way you can decide if you want a green or a blue armor or if you want gold or silver for the armor. So you still need to find the armors and weapons to unlock the base gear and improve the gear to unlock more variant looks but you can individualize it in different color variations after that. 
    Furthermore I would appreciate it, if the transmog system would also include some more variations. Some of the already existing outfits from some other characters and NPCs (Tyr, Thor, the draugr of ragnar, Zealots some bosses or even some random NPCs). Some of those outfits and weapons are really awesome and fit perfectly in an immersive way into the game and it is nothing new that Ubisoft has to create, they just have to make it usable for us. We could buy those variations at the vendors or unlock them as rewards for killing the draugr or bosses or whatever. 

When both ideas combined would find a way into the game, there should be a huge amount of variations to individualize you character like it was possible in AC Unity for example.

So to sum it up - I don't want 400 sets and items in my inventory. The amount of items I can find is fine. But I would like to customize the few that I have found in a way as if I had 400 different varieties to choose from. 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@fgx1988 I would be fine with this. Basically implement a Transmog system in tandem with a dye system (which say requires two new buildings the settlement, a tanner and a dyer), and with that transmog system, unlock all NPC armor bits for visual use for the player.

• TheCool5579
    8 posts

@fgx1988 Fantastic idea/method. I love it. This is how it should be done. Ubisoft needs to go for broke, put the hammer down, meaning allow this to be the definitive customization in gaming experience. I hope the transmog ability is added. Odyssey had it. Why remove it? I am not a developer so perhaps it is beyond my understanding. Your recommendation and idea is great and I want it added. Fantastic, Brethren.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@fgx1988 I can get behind this, it's a good idea. Easily implementable in AC Valhalla too as I remember we could purchase different dyes for our assassin robes in AC III.

• Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

Definitely need a transmog system.

Too many fantasy armors and with the bear, wolf, raven gear system, you're locked into armor sets that fit your build.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics