Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LLightbringer
    Original poster 5 posts

They are not fun, they are stressfull and annoying. The one in eurvicscire is the last one i need and it drives me nuts, wasted hours trying to get it done and keep failing, i hate it and it starts to make me hate the game as a whole.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Pgcarea53
    4 posts

I'm afraid Valhalla will be forever plagued by this design FLAW.
    What will players remember, five years from now?

"Oh, that game with the stupid, irritating, non-sense, stone stacking....What was really the name of the character? Only remember those stones".

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@llightbringer sssoooooo true!!!! hope you are talking about the one in southwest(?)(dont remember if there were any other in eurvicscire). 1 hour work went down the drain when i tried to gently put down the last stone on top, even if i slowly lowered it and made sure of its position and stabilized it, on the second click of the mouse to confirm the action it suddenly dropped the stone from a much higher position, causing the whole thing to collapse. Also why could not we adjust the depth of the stones(moving them closer or further)? Another annoying feature.

• Power_of_Rome
    24 posts

The solution i used

undefinedundefined

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts
    They are not fun, they are stressfull and annoying. The one in eurvicscire is the last one i need and it drives me nuts, wasted hours trying to get it done and keep failing, i hate it and it starts to make me hate the game as a whole.

@LLightbringer i had to watch a youtube video to do that one, its annoying as hell but it is doable with a little skill and a lot of luck

• AnimusLover
    85 posts

I actually kind of loved them because they were a great escapism from the general world. Yeah, some can be frustrating but you have to be patient and actually plan how to stack them. You can tell Ubisoft put real effort into these. It's not just a laundry list "barred from the other side" nonsense.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

undefined@italickus thanks. you showing that it is possible gave me the final push to do the same

• ADarklore
    91 posts

I absolutely HATE puzzles, so I've had to utilize Google and Youtube many many times with Valhalla because I didn't want to waste time trying to figure things out on my own and just wanted to get back to questing. Tired of all these 'barred doors'- because 'how does the home owner get in if there isn't even a key for the door'?!? Do they have to use a Predator bow to find that tiny little crack to shoot through too?!? Grrrrr.

• Dj0rdje12
    36 posts

Why not they are fun side activity that nobody is forcing you do complete. Not being good at something doesnt mean it is terrible for others and should be avoided.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@dj0rdje12 Thats why people like you would skip these events, because they are not good at it?

• Dj0rdje12
    36 posts

@boo-yah1907

Why should I skip those events when I am enjoying them . OP said to never add any of them I asked why not because they are fun .

• Chanm4nder
    4 posts

If I never have to do one of these annoying carins again, it'll be too soon. Unfortunately I am in completions mode and need to do them for the trophy to complete all territories 😖 And also never add any more Anomaly's, they are not fun, either.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@chanm4nder instead of cairns i actually enjoy the anomallies hope they are gonna leed to something.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@dj0rdje12 why should i leave them be if i cant complete them right away? it just makes me wanna try even more. that does not mean that they are a good feeature. on top of that, you saying that those cant should leave it, annoyes me bit, hence the completionist nature that comes of beeing a fan of the series.

• TaleraRis
    21 posts

I think they just need to adjust the height requirements a bit. A couple of them were just set too high. It took all the zen out of the activity. The ones with lower height requirements weren't too bad, so you could just enjoy creating something.

• Dj0rdje12
    36 posts
    @dj0rdje12 why should i leave them be if i cant complete them right away? it just makes me wanna try even more. that does not mean that they are a good feeature. on top of that, you saying that those cant should leave it, annoyes me bit, hence the completionist nature that comes of beeing a fan of the series.

OP said they are hard and annoying and that he hates them and that he starts hating entire game because of them. Thats the reason I said he should avoid them if he finds them no fun and hates them so much that he starts hating entire game.

As for you nobody is forcing you to be completionist , [removed]

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@dj0rdje12 cute

• Kormac67
    625 posts

@dj0rdje12 Well, I have simply started to ignore annoying side quests, namely cairns, flying papers and anomalies. Enough other content that is fun to do.

• ADarklore
    91 posts

@kormac67 Flying papers... really? I actually find those kind of fun... and only had to restart two of them. One, the path it took was unexpected so I took a wrong turn, the second because it stopped at the end but I kept going... ooops. Otherwise, I've nailed the other ones first try.

As for cairns and anomalies... Google and Youtube are your friends!! I don't have time to spend dealing with these, so I just look them up so I can quickly finish them.

Side quests (aka World Events)... most of them have been fairly easy. Also, why did they change from calling them 'side quests' to 'World Events'?!? Just seems like a dumb term IMO for something that is definitely not an 'event'.

You didn't mention the 'cursed' locations... which some of them are a pain to figure out... 'climb this tree, use predator bow to get precise shot'. ::eyeroll::

• Kormac67
    625 posts

@adarklore So everyone is different. 🙂
    I have had no problem with any cursed location I encountered, and shot them all with hunter bow. Probably because aiming is more precise with mouse on PC.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics