Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

Since the game is broken and I'm stuck on Honor's Hubris, and I've collected all the wealth, artifacts and mysteries that aren't bugged, and I've collected all the treasures that aren't bugged, and hunting is a waste of time till it's patched (you telling me I can't find a single usable crow's feather on every dead bird? or one of four rabbit's feet? gtfoh), I'm left with only this rudimentary fishing game. How many of the rest of you are in this same boat?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RietN7
    11 posts

@illmac99 I've been killing random animals as i play the game, and only started doing the hunting hand-ins two days ago, i finished it all today. the toughest thing to get was dog fangs.

as for fishing. i cant finish it since the Big flat fish and mackerel all decided to go to the shadow realm.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@illmac99 I've beaten everything, except for two altars which require a lot of fish; a few hunting contracts for two animals which have abysmal drop rates, and all of the fishing contracts. I stopped playing the game because it has no replayability and those hunting/fishing contracts can go die in a fire since it's boring to do for "meh" rewards. Hopefully new content comes soon, I feel like I've wasted money on this game with no NG+ or replayable Sieges, Raids, etc.

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@fylkirpanzer At least you got to finish it!

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@rietn7 How do you get reindeer antlers? Can't get them to drop so I gave up.

• RietN7
    11 posts

@illmac99 i would fast travel between two spots and see if a reindeer spawned, sneaked in range and save, if it didn't drop the antler i reload, it would bug out after a certain point where the reindeer spawn but are frozen so to fix that you just fast travel around a bit more or just go to England and come back.

i used a hunter bow as well ( i think i saw a better drop rate when using it )

Spot 1: There seems to always spawn two reindeers in the red zone, one close to my position and one further down closer to the out of bounds area.

undefined

Spot 2: Top left of Norway, Just use your bird to scout them out.

undefined

Reindeer: The one on the left.

undefined

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@rietn7 Thx for the tips. I've killed about a dozen and never got an antler so I just gave up. I don't understand why there aren't automatic drops for hunting animals, but after 120+ hours you'd think I would have collected a lot more than I have.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@illmac99 They have to be reindeer, not just any normal kind of deer. Like in the photo above, the one of the left with the big horns, not the one on the left with the little spiky horns.

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@thoughttwenty uhhhhh obviously. Why would you ever think you need to explain that?

• Minkles13
    13 posts

He was trying to help you, no need to be rude about it.

• bitebug2003
    106 posts

Thanks for the location maps

As for fishing, it's a pain as I always seem to catch the same 4 or 5 types despite Fantastic Fishes clearly states where the fish spawn.

Reindeer seem to randomly attack Eivor from behind and by the time you react they are gone.

Hopefully the developers will increase the drop and spawn rates in the next patch

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@illmac99 Because I killed more than a few ordinary deer wondering why they didn't drop. The picture above demonstrates the difference. It's pretty confusing when the dialogue specifically asks you for "deer antlers":

undefined

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@thoughttwenty No yeah. I mean last night I tried out some of the spawn points mentioned above and managed to find 4 reindeer (which took well over an hour), but none of them dropped antlers and that [censored] me off enough to put the game down again. I'm gonna just hope they fix hunting.

I didn't think I was being rude with my last reply so sorry if it came off that way.

• RietN7
    11 posts

@illmac99 after the new patch i started doing some world events while i wait for fishing to get fixed, i found another Reindeer hotspot.

undefined

Just standing on top of the roof where the bard is doing his thing i can see over 10 reindeer.

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@rietn7 I've never had trouble finding reindeer, I guess that wasn't clear. My issue was that the antlers weren't dropping when I did.

• RietN7
    11 posts

@illmac99 Go try it out now, the drop rate seems to be much better after the patch. for me at least. not that i need them anymore...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics