Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Deadmennwalking
    Original poster 21 posts

I previously posted this bug but have had no response. So...
    After building the bakery, I got the dialogue with the Tarben the baker, I agreed to "retrieve some grain from a grain merchant down the river.". Immediately after agreeing to help I then got a Error CE-34878-0 error. After restarting the game I no longer have the quest and Tarben no longer wishes to talk to Eivor.
    I also have the Asgard close the door and Sons of Ragnar speak to Ubba bugs.
    Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@deadmennwalking Hello there! Thanks for reaching out about this, and sorry to hear it's happening. I'm curious to know if 'Error CE-34878-0' is what you're receiving each time you try to complete this quest? This error code is actually a PlayStation side error, meaning we have limited means in troubleshooting with it, as Sony is able to assist further with error codes related to their platforms. With that said, it's suggested to complete troubleshooting steps for your platform as well!

Official Response
  • Deadmennwalking
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubiwan Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    If you reread my post you will note that I stated "After restarting the game I no longer have the quest and Tarben no longer wishes to talk to Eivor." Therefore I am unable to respond to "I'm curious to know if 'Error CE-34878-0' is what you're receiving each time you try to complete this quest?" If the quest no longer appears how can I respond to "you're receiving each time".
    If "'Error CE-34878-0'" is a playstation side error then 1. I have already undertaken all the steps noted in the troubleshooting technical issues guide 2. how does the playstation side error stop the quest reappearing again? 3. What if anything is / can be done to get this quest back?
    For the record, as noted in other threads, the 'Error CE-34878-0' is not an uncommon error for many players of your game. Personally I would get at least 1 x 'Error CE-34878-0' every 5-10 hours game play. I often get this error when attempting to speak to the NPC in the settlement trading post. I now always do a save before entering the trading post so at least reloading my game doesn't waste any extra play time.
    For your information, given that I also have the close the door and ubba quest bugs, so I am unable to progress in either of the games story / quest lines, I am filling in my time by completing everything I can in the various regions. So far I have looted most / all possible items (some can't be looted without quest progression) in Grantebridgescire, Ledecestrescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire and Lunden. I have also unlocked all map high points, looted almost all opal, a significant portion of titanium, completed most / all flyting, orlog, flying paper. Approximately 135 hours game play and level 175.
    Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Deadmennwalking
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubiwan As I have not received a reply to my response dated 11 Dec 2020 lets keep this simple and just ask:

What if anything is / can be done to get this quest back?

I again await your reply.

• Deadmennwalking
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubiwan So another week and no further response.

As I have not received a reply to my response dated 11 Dec 2020 lets keep this simple and just ask:

• Deadmennwalking
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubiwan So still no further response. SO:

As I have not received a reply to my response dated 11 Dec 2020 lets keep this simple and just ask:

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics