Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Father-Jack
    Original poster 27 posts
    1. It is very difficult to see which threads have new posts, the bold typeface of the thread title is not easy to discern. Is it possible to set an "Unread Posts" icon or colour somewhere, to make it much more obvious a thread has unread posts?
    2. Is there a way to view "My Posts"?
    3. Is it possible to manually mark an entire forum section (e.g. "Forum Feedback") as Read? I can see how individual topics within can be marked as Read but not all of them at once.

Also, allowing a window of 5 minutes only to edit a post is rather silly...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Father-Jack
    Original poster 27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Hey @father-jack! I sincerely apologise that your thread did not receive a response until now. I'll gladly try to assist you with your queries about our new Discussions forums, if you did not yet already find the answers yourself. 🙂

1A. When viewing the thread listings, in addition to the bold title text, on the left-hand side of an unread thread there is also a thin green strip to indicate that there are unread posts in that thread. I appreciate that this may not be substantial enough to make discerning unread threads from read ones easy, however, so I'll pass this feedback forward for you! I'll also ask the forum developers to consider whether it could be possible to filter by threads read/unread at the top of the page, similar to resolved/unresolved questions.

2A. You can view your own threads and posts by visiting your profile, clicking on "Activity", and then "Topics" or "Posts" on the left-hand side as appropriate for what you want to view. You can also view other types of content here, such as the "best" posts you've made (determined by number of likes), your group memberships, watched topics and more.

3A. I don't believe there is a way to mark multiple threads as "read" or "unread" at once having looked myself, so I'll pass this feedback on as well to the developers! I'm unsure if this will help you to achieve the result you were trying to go for, but what you can already do if you would be marking these threads as read to prevent them from appearing in your "unread" or "recent" sections, is to unfollow the whole category. You can do this from the homepage by clicking the eye icon on the category slide, and then selecting to "ignore" it.

4A. The editing window was increased from five minutes to ten minutes following previous feedback. If you believe that this is still not enough, and it should be raised again, please let me know your thoughts on a more appriopriate window of time and I can get this feedback forwarded.

Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • Father-Jack
    Original poster 27 posts

Hi @ubi-woofer,

Could you be a little more precise about 2A please? If I click on my profile picture top right, I don’t see any such option there. The nearest is “Account Management”, but I don’t see any “Activity” to click on there either. Maybe I’m not looking at my “Profile”. How do I do that please?

• Ubi-Woofer

Sure thing @father-jack - you can either click on your own username above a post, or open the right-hand meatball menu and there is an option there called "your profile" under "Profile". The menu I'm referring to is the one under the [...] icon, if that helps. (I only recently got told the proper name for this is a "meatball menu"!)

Once on that page, at the very top above the banner / your profile picture, should be three options - Summary, Activity, and Settings. If you click on Activity, you should be taken to a page like this:

undefined
    (But obviously with your own content on it!)

The links on "Topics" and "Posts" in my previous post were to your own sections for these on your profile by the way, so if you do struggle to find the page I mean, you can revisit my previous post and click on those direct links. I hope it helps! 🙂

Official Response
  • Father-Jack
    Original poster 27 posts

@ubi-woofer Yep, found it, thanks very much for that. So easy once you know how!

• Ubi-Woofer

No problem at all, @father-jack! I actually noticed today that you can directly navigate to the Activity page by using the "Activity" button under "Profile" in the meatball menu on the right as well, so that makes the process even easier. Glad I could help! Let me know if you have any additional questions or feedback in the future. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics