Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• liljosh3088
    2 posts

What we need to do is see if we can get a class action lawsuit going against Ubisoft for a peddling this crap for 6 months....

• Maddox64
    10 posts

I don't think we need to write off all Ubisoft teams. I am still willing to give the Quebec teams some slack. I thought they killed it with AC Odyssey and their follow up Immortals Fenyx Rising has already released 3 DLCs, even though they released just two weeks before Valhalla.

The Montreal Team which was responsible for this game also gave us AC Unity, considered to the the buggiest, glitchiest of all the AC titles.

• DocHolliday182
    67 posts

@guest-lukezodb Hopefully, people will think twice before buying the next AC. I bought the game in late March. Game was released in November? I never thought I'd encounter such bug... that's why I didn't do any research. Next time... I, for one, will wait at least a year before buying it.

• sss69fin
    1 posts

Assassin's creed Valhalla (PS5) bugs for me at the quest "A brewing storm" also. I head to Randvi and get sent to bed. I awake to a storm in camp, if i dont remember wrong, the wolf howled a lot 🙂 and after that...? unable to interact with NPC's, no sign of DAG anywhere! I can't use any of rapid trip, I can relsoving mysteries or discovering treasure, doing this for the last days, a LOT.  And the storm is everywhere and never stopping. I can't do any mission anymore. I´m too old to start again / wait six months / read through everything. HELP!

• FrustratedGamer
    28 posts

A fix, eh? Well, I still have my save from just prior to 'A Brewing Storm' (before I successfully restarted and avoided the bug), so I'll be sure to test it out once I've applied the latest update and report back.

Sure hope the hoofbeats sound when Eivor is riding is restored (they vanished in the last major update). As for Gunnar acting like a fruit loop threatening me every time I come back to Ravensthorpe, I'm okay if you don't fix that - it's always good for a laugh.

• FrustratedGamer
    28 posts

@sss69fin Apparently they've developed a fix which will be included in the next update (next week). So, just sit tight and cross your fingers they've sorted it. If the fix is a success, then consider yourself damn lucky you hit it just before the update was released. Some poor buggers have been waiting nearly half a year! 🙂

• guest-lUKEzoDb
    10 posts

@maddox64 The idea behind AC Valhalla was generally great but the implementation smashed it out. I haven’t seen such many bugs in a single game since probably Half Life’s times.As I have mentioned before, it looks like the product was in very early beta when the business people did hard push to release it before Christmas to gain some annual bonus for themselves. Apparently, the development team neither had a choice nor a plan B for how to address the maintenance and simply failed under overwhelming number of issues. Don’t forget that AnvilNext 2.0 is a proprietary software and this significantly shrinks the circle of those who really knows how it all works for real. Plus they might have outsourced scenes script sequences to some cheap locations. Plus “Agile” - the best friend of the developers to find the excuse for being 100x times overbudgeted and behind any possible deadlines. Well, I am very well familiar of how the industry works from within to solve this quiz by only interacting with outside clues 🙂 The lesson learned. Expect the future degradation of the quality in video games and don’t buy anything “fresh”. As you mentioned above, wait at least for two years and search for “game breaker bug in AC ... “.

• Zorovichinski
    10 posts

@justus1302 While a long overdue fix is clearly welcome, Ubisoft has clearly lost a significant level of reputation from the buying public. Company owners gambling with QA is never, ever a good thing since when it backfires like this, you directly hit every consumer affected (pockets and game-time) - and that's gonna leave a sour taste that might not go away (and a damn shame to the programmers, gfx and audio artists who did the actual work).
    As a bare minimum, I'd expect a significant shift away from those same customers purchasing early and at full price. If QA is this pathetic I ain't touching your products with a bargepole till a looong time after release i.e. till it's proven itself.

• Zorovichinski
    10 posts

@guest-lukezodb I don't blame the actual teams who developed these games, but the company owners who clearly ok'd the release before full QA had taken place...game-breaking bugs in the main quest line (like that seen in A Brewing Storm) would never have happened if a full QA process had been in place/completed, particularly telling that we see it happening in fixed systems such as the Playstation too.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hello SSG-JEDI, and sorry for the late response. The Game team has been working on a fix for the Quest, A Brewing Storm. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused in the meantime, but thank you for your patience. You can check out our Known Issues list and the Megathreads page for updates and more information, but please also keep an eye on our updated Patch Notes.

Official Response
  • victoruchiha82
    80 posts

@zorovichinski at first glance sounds logical but I think this I the loop ubisoft and the players are in. Don’t get me wrong ubisoft needs to deliver a beter product. But at launch they may have had minor problems and they think “ nailed it” and people start working on other projects. But nobody buys a ubisoft title at launch so after 2/3 months the problems start. And now the problem is to big and they can’t move people back to work on it. If players now start buying the game at 6 month the community will find out much later and players who bought the game at launch will be stuck much longer

• guest-lUKEzoDb
    10 posts

@victoruchiha82 I am sorry but in this particular case I disagree with you. Game breaker bugs do not appear out of the thin air. Neither generally high buggy’s level does. Ubisoft’s management simply disregard the fact that multiple additional QA iterations might have still required. And no one stood and said: “No! This gonna kill our reputation”. So here we go.

• R.Schwara1
    4 posts

Well 118 hours into the game I'm like everyone else unable to go past a brewing storm, sent links to Washington posts article, links to this thread, links to reddit, and online video's and was sent a link to their refund policy pretty much stating no refunds. Of course NO acknowledgement on their part of the problem at all. Basically they are still promoting and selling the game when they KNOW people will get stuck in the game and get be angry about it.

Just terrible, it's completely obvious they do not care, all they care is they got my money and I'm held hostage with a broken product.

Thanks Ubisoft.

Farcry 6... um yeah...

• DocHolliday182
    67 posts

@r-schwara1 Needless to say... it's all about money. That's all they care about.

• victoruchiha82
    80 posts

@guest-lukezodb I agree the game needs a lot more updates. I killed drag when I pledged another region. And in cent he game back alive haha.

• DocHolliday182
    67 posts

@victoruchiha82 That's no bug! That's AC: Valhalla Zombie mode dude!

• Cristi351
    10 posts

@docholliday182 i use another 20 hours playn , i take one save before 3 pledge zone , i , make all withouth Cent i finish all and the same issue i have now save ... 100 hours playn for nothing ! i hope we not wait 6 months to resolve this issue ,
    This is not a simple BUG ! this is a broken product i buy it with 140 euro and another 20 or 30 euro on store ! total near 190 euro for a broken product !

• DocHolliday182
    67 posts

@cristi351 I know that AC: Valhalla is a broken game. I am on your side... I don't work for Ubisoft.

• zombieboy474712
    3 posts

@victoruchiha82
    If people started buying Ubisoft games at 6 months en masse, it would be the second most effective thing consumers could do to change Ubisoft’s quality assurance practices on future titles.
    You ghost a stalwart of an IP for 2 full quarters, and Ubisoft is bound to take a good hard look at their practices.
    Consumers “vote” with when and how they spend their money. Once a consumer has spent his money and the refund deadline has passed, the consumer’s chance of getting the vendor’s full attention diminishes dramatically.

• zombieboy474712
    3 posts

@frustratedgamer
    What’s your source on that info?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics