Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Justus1302
    Original poster 17 posts

@gorillaheadxcvi

Is your friend on the same console?

I've also been playing as a 'good guy' in my playthrough.
    The problem seems to persist for me no matter if I do side activities or just only follow the main questline.

Eventually more players will run into this problem when they reach this point in the game. So I hope this gets patched asap so we can all actually continue to enjoy the game.

• SuperJadedTeen
    1 posts

I'm playing the quest "A Brewing Storm" it was working just fine when I first tried but I had to leave fight, so I turned off my xbox. When turning it back on it had spawned me right before the fight and won't let me speak to Dag to initiate the fight. It lets me fast travel and explore but the cutscene thats supposed to play upon approaching Dag does not play.

I really need this fixed, or some kind of refund because it's preventing any more progress.

I am playing on Xbox One.

• Turks22
    1 posts

I am on pc, and I have the same problem, tho it is hilarious watching the whole clan kick the crap out of dag over and over again.

• holydudman16
    33 posts

i have tried literally everything and still doesn't work
    i really had hope for this game

• Justus1302
    Original poster 17 posts

@holydudman16

I've been trying for like 3 days now, I'm afraid this problem requires Ubisoft to patch.
    We have people with different consoles complaining so eventually enough people might get it so they have to take notice...
    I've just gone back to an earlier save to complete some side activities but I don't know how long that remains interesting.

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@justus1302 its really annoying

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@holydudman16 already completed cent 4 times and still nothing
    the game is not fun anymore to me

• Gingerface642
    13 posts

I eventually managed to get the mission to play out properly. I replayed cent and just before I restarted this mission, outside the longhouse I made a manual save, 1st attempt done the same glitch as before but when I reloaded my manual save I skipped all of randvi's dialogue and the rest of the mission played out fine. Might help some folk get past this point to continue with the story. This game definitely needs a patch to sort out all the glitches and crashing so I don't need to save every 5 seconds out of fear of getting stuck like that again

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@gingerface642 wow
    can you explain better please
    its been 3 days
    ((my English is very bad sorry))

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@holydudman16 do you have YouTube so i can see properly

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@holydudman16 im literally in the game waiting for your guidance

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@gingerface642 what glitch?

• GorillaHeadXCVI
    6 posts

After completing the cent ark when you are returning to report to Randvi dag will come to you while walking into the long house after this cutscene you are supposed to sleep where a cutscene is supposed to play and you are to fight a certain someone, the cutscene doesn’t play and you awake into a broken game with nothing to do but either reload to a previous save and do mundane side quests until this issue is fixed or start again and I don’t really feel like starting again 38 hours into this game, Also my valke in my settlement is broken and I have made it over halfway through my game without speaking to her. Please fix this

• cullyn905
    1 posts

I was progressing through the beginning part of the quest “A Brewing Storm” where you have to wake up and fight Dag, and got beaten once by him. When I loaded back into my most recent save there was no quest marker for him, and when I walked up to him no cutscene happened like normal. I am playing on Xbox One so I tried restarting my console, loading into other saves, etc and nothing worked. Wondering if there’s any solutions?

• Gingerface642
    13 posts

I don't have you tube sorry
    Right before you start brewing storm don't enter the longhouse until you make a manual save through the main menu, then enter the longhouse to start first scene with dag. I skipped through all of this scene, report to randvi, I skipped that bit too then went to bed that's when the game crashed again
    I restarted the game and like before dag was lying on the ground surrounded by the rest of the clan. Reload the manual save you made just before this mission, skip all the first scenes with dag and randvi and go back to sleep. This time when eivor slept he woke up with dag shouting and a mission marker above him, the following scene and playable part of this mission will hopefully work out this time
    I think the autosaves the game makes during this mission is also bugged, so every time you reload an auto save here it reloads the same issue but a manual save just before the mission seems to load fine
    I hope this works out the same for you, might need to try reload the manual save if it plays out the same way for you again

• bluebuddha7414
    1 posts

Got a bug that pretty much breaks the game for me at the moment.
    Just finished the cent arc, and i was doing the duel with dag the first time and failed. When I reload the game I'm at the part where you get out of bed to dag yelling at you, but there is nothing going on. Dag is standing outside the longhouse but there is no option to interact with him or anything, and the cutscene doesnt start like it's supposed to. So I can't progress through the story at all anymore unless I want to go an hour and a half backwards and do the last of Cents arc quests again. The reason for this is for some reason the game created like 3 autosaves in 2 mins, so when the first reload didnt work i started going through the autosaves to see if I could find one that would work. But for some reason the game created a new autosave everytime i was trying to reload the game, and there can only be 5 autosaves i guess. so now i have 5 bugged auto saves that i cant progress on, or a save where i have to go back basically 2 hours. don't really know what to do but im definitely not doing that 2 hours again

• Justus1302
    Original poster 17 posts

@gingerface642

This doesn't work for me. I've tried to return to multiple save files before the quest. (Before Cent, Final mission in Cent)
    I've also got a manual save in which I still need to report to Randvi and Dag talks to you when you enter the longhouse.
    Just to make sure I've now reloaded that save file like 5 times in a row, skipped the 2 conversations and still can't get the quest working. (On PC)
    The storm cutscene and Dag shouting just doesn't happen for me at all.

And yeah the autosaves once the quest bugs are annoying. They literally bring you back to where Dag is just an enemy NPC in town dying over and over again.

• holydudman16
    33 posts

@gingerface642 thanks for your time . i mean it
    i did everything you said and still no progress
    im on ps4 btw

• Gingerface642
    13 posts

I'm on ps4, it must of been pure luck that it worked for me
    Ubisoft need to get it sorted, not great that their brand new 60 buck game is so broken allready
    The only other thing I done before starting this mission was upgrade more of the settlement but I really doubt that affected this mission at all, sorry this way didn't work for you guys, maybe Ubisoft support should put a little input to bypass this problem

• BenSharples
    2 posts

just upgrade a few parts of the settlement and it should work

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics