Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-zBVz0ESF
    13 posts

So, during the brewing storm quest i went to sleep and after the black screen the story wasn't playing .I could only wonder around and find Dag fighting my warriors. After that I replayed the Cent episode(made a manual save and still wasn't able to continue with the quest) and went on to build Valka's place/hut . After building her hut I should've got the In dreams quest but i didn't(no cinematic after building the hut or what so ever) .So in conclusion i got 2 bugged quest.

•  some things i noticed are that suggested power for ravenshorpe suggest power is still 20 after 38 hours of playing , and can't download the game before patch 1.2 because i got the digital version of it and at the moment i have the 1.4 patch.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I'm happy to share that the development team deployed a fix for "A Brewing Storm" in TU 1.3.1. This issue should now be resolved.

If you are still unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm" after waking up, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can investigate further. Please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You are unable to progress in the fight with Dag.

I'd recommend uploading your video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then forward this to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • guest-zBVz0ESF
    13 posts

@godlifexxx same problem for a almost 2 weeks

• lixin575
    2 posts

Yes,The mission"a brewing storm".
    Dear Dag
    Your honey,Evior is wake up,Please don't run around in Reavnsthop,Please stay in long house or ou of tdoor,
    Yes,i begging you,
    i have no more time to wait you that run around in Reavnsthop,
    Please come back,OK?undefinedundefined

• guest-zBVz0ESF
    13 posts

having the same issue. tried to replay cent and then build valkas hut and no cutscenes what so ever for both brewing storm and building valkas hut which should give me a quest.so i guess this is 2 bugged quest

some things i noticed are that suggested power for ravenshorpe suggest power is still 20 after 38 hours of playing whereas ive seen at others that suggested power is higher as u procced with the main story

• marcabisaad
    2 posts

same issue, tried to reinstall didnt work, tried to go back in my saved games and play a bit but still same issue. opened a case with ubisoft still no reply, i think we need to wait for a patch

• guest-MBM9k7SK
    2 posts

So this bug for "A Brewing Storm" is still an issue... I would be mad that I spent $60 and 60 hours playing a game that doesn't work, but then I remember that this game was created by people of different cultures and gender identities, and it makes it all work while for me

• xReverendGreen
    16 posts

Here is what I've unsuccessfully tried as a workaround so far:
    - Exiting game then reloading save
    - Killing Dag (who shows as a hostile NPC after starting the mission) - his health bar shows and he has some dialogue but nothing happens after you kill him
    - Meditating
    - Leaving, completing something else, and returning
    - Building a settlement after starting the mission

Absolutely nothing works. I really hope it's not another 2 weeks until the next patch, because 1.04 certainly didn't fix a thing.

• Godlifexxx
    2 posts

Hello again, My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. Could you please provide us with your save game file from your PlayStation? Also when reloading an older save, please launch the game from a new session, then choose the older save at the menu instead of in game. Let us know if that works. To submit save games: https://support.ubisoft.com/Article/000065757 Please let us know if you have any additional queries or concerns. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support. Have a nice night and stay safe! Regards, Ubisoft Support

Latest reply from Ubisoft

• ArnaudWr
    3 posts

Hello all !
    I can't progress in A brewing Storm as after I went to rest, nothing happens, no dialogs, no scenes, Dag is a hostile NPC wandering in the village. I've tried everything (start again, load previous saves, restart from previous mission, even meditating etc) and nothing works I'm blocked.
    Any help on that bug ?
    Thx

• ArnaudWr
    3 posts

Hello all !
    I can't progress in A brewing Storm as after I went to rest, nothing happens, no dialogs, no scenes, Dag is a hostile NPC wandering in the village. I've tried everything (start again, load previous saves, restart from previous mission, even meditating etc) and nothing works I'm blocked.
    Any help on that bug ?
    Thx

• zlarches03
    4 posts

THANK THE GODS!! I restarted the entire game and it actually worked, my previous game file was hella bugged tho so I am not sure if it would work for everyone.

• Justus1302
    Original poster 17 posts

@zlarches03

I finally got a reply on my support ticket from the 13th of November... They asked me if I verified game files and loaded old saves. Which I mentioned in the ticket didn't work.
    Feels like they just don't care or read what was said previously. I mentioned this forum topic to Ubisoft support again in hopes a mod will actually comment.

At this point I have no real hope Ubisoft is going to solve/acknowledge this problem anytime soon. I restarted the game days ago and actually finished it now.
    Since completely restarting the game worked for me and a couple others It's probably the recommended thing to do at this point.

• Csquared4
    5 posts

@ubi-spud Hi Spud. This is still an issue over 2 weeks later for hundreds of people. Is there any OFFICIAL word on this getting fixed? It literally makes the current game save unplayable. The only fix is to restart the entire game or lose over 30+ hours of content played.

• guest-zBVz0ESF
    13 posts

@justus1302 so losing 40 h of gaming is the way to go ,ffs ubisoft

• jensime
    21 posts

Hey all, just wanted to say that I went to a super early save and did the valka quest (which you only get as ravensthorpe goes from level 2 to 3, and the wolf companion quest from knud in the longhouse. I didn't have issues with dag once I got there.

Hilariously, I'm now stuck in a bug where I make the choice to fight a specific person and then after they die I can't proceed with the quest, so word of caution to those who are doing the Of Blood and Bonds quest in Eurvicshire.

• fiddz0r
    4 posts

@arnaudwr
    I have the same issue and is the reason I am on these forums.
    Would also like to know how to fix this.

I woke up and had no quest objective, so I walked about the settlement thinking maybe I have to find something. Eventually I found Dag attacking villages so I attacked him, and there was a dialogue when he was on the ground but nothing to reply, as he attacked me after the dialogue. He kept dying but got back to life for a couple of times. Eventually he "died" he's lying dead but using V still shows he is red. I cant fast travel anywhere and I cant really do anything at the moment. Would also like to know if theres a fix to this

• BoxyFlounder161
    4 posts

In Valhalla, there is a story quest name "Brewing Storm" and the first thing to do is to sleep. There was suppose to be a cutscene then Dax call Evior outside. Instead of that, all I got is him waking up and nothing happens. The game is not telling me what to do. I should be fighting a character but he spawns somewhere in the settlement and fighting other people. there is cutscene but it is a glitchy scene. later one the game freeze and I have to leave the game. I look at it on YouTube but no other people have it. Also I could not interact with anybody.

• BoxyFlounder161
    4 posts

@dirtehscandi, I also have the same issue as well.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 647 posts

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out! Did you experience a crash prior to or around this mission? Also, just in case, please try our quick PS4 guide here which includes restoring your licenses.

Official Response
  • dereknorman4
    7 posts

@jensime so no reply from ubi for so long that I think the thread figured out the issue. It is because we have not complete asguard quest with valla. Unfortunately I didn’t not have any manual saves and no auto saves from before cent because I tried reinstalling the game first. Hopefully ubi can fix this soon but ahaha prob not cuz it’s been almost a month now

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics