Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • tempete0390
    46 posts

@stoney1985james That's mean. Revenge is mandatory.

• tempete0390
    46 posts

@frustratedgamer Congratulations! It sucks. I'm still clearing the map. It's just ... not super fun but I refuse to do more main story until I'm where I would have been had there been no bug. I'm a completionist and a little bit of a trophy hunter (which can be said for most AC gamers) so it's time consuming. I'm 1/4 of the way through clearing dots in Sciropscire so just [censored] Cent after that and (finally) back to reality. I hope nothing like this happens to me ever again.

• guest-9LjH1byb
    1 posts

Brewing storm haga is not outside. Won’t let me move on in the story. Can I delete the game and keep the armor I’ve bought?

• FrustratedGamer
    15 posts

@tempete0390 No, not super fun at all. You've got to weigh up whether getting around the bug in this fashion is worth it, given you might begin to resent playing - which is why I completely understand anyone not going down that path. That being said, Collecting / exploring at my leisure for a while is going to be more enjoyable than a ~14 hour speed run from Norway to Cent! If it hadn't worked, I was done. That was a one off roll of the dice.

I'm the same as you - bit of a completist. I don't want to start any pledges until I am where I would have been. Starting in Sciropscire and working my way left to right.

Yes, hopefully this is a one off in our gaming 'careers' and we never have to endure anything so ridiculous again.

• FrustratedGamer
    15 posts

Addendum: I jumped off the cliff with Hytham after building the Bureau.

• DanK_42
    5 posts

This is some bull. You have wasted weeks of our time and to no avail. You have a horde of people that will never pay another penny towards a Ubisoft product or micro transaction because of this. You make a 75+ hour game that breaks halfway through. Time is money and has precedent for a class action lawsuit.

Get it together.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 400 posts

Hello @guest-9LjH1byb,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I just checked for you and I can see that we received other reports regarding ''Brewing Storm''. Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so I can investigate it further for you?

Regarding game deletion - if you purchased the armor in question through the store, it's tied to your account, which means that you can delete, reinstall your game and you will be able to access it anytime (even if you start a new game, once moving the story forward in Norway).

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Sandertje321
    1 posts

Hey Ubisoft. What are you guys doing in there? Drinking tea and have some nice biscuits? As you can see there are so many people waiting on a (basically simple) solution for this absolute unacceptable bug. Just make this little option in the main menu to give people the option to skip this whole Dag thing ( or better just fix the bug ofcourse ). With my enormous reduced income due to corona I payed a pretty big amount for this game, and now just this!? Being stuck, with a lot of people, and you guys aren't fixing it for over 4 months!?!? That's absolute madness! Fix this thing, give everyone a nice armor or weapon as compensation, and move on, in hopes that the people stuck with this might consider buying a game from Ubisoft again...

• SidBarker92
    2 posts

Feel free to join and let them know about your issues. ubisoft support already replied at my tweet. please use #brewingstormbug

https

Looking for players from Poland interested in class-action lawsuit due to state of the game and refund processing.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 400 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continuous updates and patience while our team was investigating this issue.

I merged a few other threads into this one for better visibility.

Good news, I have good news to share! 🙂 The development team was able to reproduce this issue and I can see that the fix is planned to be released with a future update. Once the resolution is live, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes and we will update this thread as well.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • FrustratedGamer
    15 posts

@timeteger What I find most damning is the silence / total absence of meaningful communication. Has the bug been isolated? Is a fix being pursued as quickly as possible? Instead, it's just a bunch of non-committal, vague blah blah blah ...

• timeteger
    7 posts

@ubi-mark its already been nearly 6 months since this issue was first reported and you say its good news that development team just reproduced it? If they asked, we all would be happy to send our saved games to help them to investigate. But they just ignored it. And what do you mean by a future update? 2023 or something? If finding it took 6 months i can’t imagine how long it might take to fix it... We expect an official statement video about it like a real man from that company. If they can give us a certain date for a patch to fix it, then maybe we can call it something, good or something close to it. Don’t describe it like its a favor you are doing for us by releasing a patch. You are just doing what you must have done months ago...

• Doner07
    30 posts

Man... now when i played evrything from the scratch you are telling me that the bug will be fixed in next update... SRSLY? I lost another 20hour but this time i dont have this glitch, but who cares now? If i want to be in the same spot i was on my previous save i need to complete 100% all main pledges area up to the Brewing Storm quest. Besides i need to complete Jorvik arc, Gods Arc and even Vinland. All in 100%. Oh, and the River Raids which were reallly pain in the [censored]. As i knew that the next update will fix my issue i no longer want to play on my second save so yeah, i lost 20h now but atleast i will be able to play on my first save with 70h one the counter.

• guest-SBxb1AfR
    2 posts

A brewing storm. I cannot play further i dont see the cutscene

• victoruchiha82
    5 posts

@ubi-mark don’t get me wrong a fix would we great! If it works.at this point I don’t have a lot of faith. Second” what is Ubisoft planning to do about the players stuck with this problem?most of us been suck for months.some of them for 6 month. Are we getting helix point,armors,weapons or early access to the dlc? Fixing the game really is the normal thing to do if you make a faulty game. You still have a lot of angry gamers playing your game.

• DaEpicPro
    2 posts

The main quest “A Brewing Storm” is broken for me and I cannot speak to anyone in the world or continue the story. After finishing the Cent arc I got the quest “Reporting on Cent” where I speak to Randvi to finish that pledge. When going in the longhouse I get a cutscene of Dag questioning the whereabouts of Sigurd and his doubts in Eivor. I then speak to Randvi to finish “Reporting on Cent” and then get “a Brewing Storm” where I get an objective to “Rest in your Room”. When I go to do this and use the bed it cuts to a black screen for around 30 seconds then autosaves. There is then supposed to be a cutscene that plays where Dag challenges Eivor to a duel but instead this doesn’t play and my character just wakes up in a dark version of the world where I cannot speak to anyone or continue the story. I can find Dag near the God statues near Valka’s hut within Ravensthorpe where you can attack him and diminish his Heath but he simply fully regains it once you defeat him. The detection meter also keeps continually showing and just goes from yellow to red and over again. I have heard some players have fixed this by doing the Asgard quest line and acquiring the wolf companion prior to the Cent quest line. I went back and completed these before Cent but I got the same result. I really hope this helps as I want to keep playing this game but I can’t if this bug stays in the game. 

• Year2buyAc2552
    6 posts

DLC revenue is likely to be down even if the all the game breaking bugs are patched. No matter how well Valhalla and its DLC performs from this point out. Ubisoft missed the true potential this game offers for their company and customers. It seems that Valhalla might be ready to play just before or just after the first DLC is released. A shame for all involved.

• Year2buyAc2552
    6 posts

@ubi-mark what is the cause? Can it be prevented by players? Does Ubisoft expect players to except their games in this state 5 or more months after release in the future? Thank you

• guest-UsWl8Y9o
    3 posts

I didnt even sleep and dag appeared and atacking folk in settlement [censored]

• Lovemonkeyz
    1 posts

I'm also stuck in this bug. After sleeping, quest text doesn't show anything, and NPC's do not interact with you. Even tried loading a whole zone backwards and redid them with no difference.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics