Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hello there! I'm extremely sorry to hear about these problems you've experienced in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you for providing detail on them for me! Have you tried completing our PS4 troubleshooting guide? Rebuilding your database specifically would be great to try. This process acts like a computer disk defragmenter and will not affect your save data. It's typically good to try when you encounter blue screens or other various technical problems. If possible, it would be really helpful to have a video exhibiting this issue. Please let me know if those steps do not help! You can also always reach out to our team at support.ubi.com.

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@kaihlos787 Hello! I'm very sorry to hear about this problem you've encountered in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Does the problem persist after reloading the game? Have you tried completing the quick steps in our Xbox troubleshooting guide?

Official Response
  • RabbitRabid
    1 posts

I'm stuck again. Before the latest patch 1.04 I was stuck on the shores of Norway watching sigurd roll in. After the patch I was able to move forward. So now I've arrived at lunden, and eivor says " the cripelgates of lunden" and I get a loading screen and when I load in I'm stuck in place. The world around me keeps moving but I cannot. Fix?

• klodyuanlae
    1 posts

I stuck at Lunden gate.
    I cannot start a main quest in Lunden. PS4 platform
    Please help.

• X.p0ker25
    Original poster 2 posts

Thank you for responding to this. It's been very frustrating to deal with.
    I don't believe this is a network connection error. That was the only "Troubleshooting guide" I found. The game operates normally but only locks up when I attempt to start the story quest in Lunden. I didn't find a guide on the linked page that mentioned anything about rebuilding the database. I would definitely try it, given the proper instruction. I have over 80 hours invested and would hate to lose my progress.

• guest-IOnhXXqF
    2 posts

I've seemed to have encountered a glitch where when I go to the gates, the game will attempt to load something, and then completely fail, I've tried to go back from previous saves and attempt but this does not fix the problem.

I can
    -move the camera
    -access the game menu except the world map

If you have any suggestions that will prevent me from restarting the 30+ hours on my game, I'd appreciate it.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@tonicz9095 Thanks for trying that.

Would you be able to get a video of that issue occurring? This will allow me to pass that on to the team, as it may help them work on a resolution for this.

Official Response
  • Momma_loves_me
    3 posts

When accepting the mission, I get to the gates of Lunden and it pauses. There’s a long loading screen and once it’s finished I cannot move or access the map. I’ve found a video that shows exactly what happens. I’m unable to progress through the mission and I have to load an old auto save. This is on PC and I’ve attempted to validate files and reinstall, but nothing’s done the trick

• ToNicZ9095
    7 posts

@ubi-baron
    Made a quick video.

• Lars955
    1 posts

@guest-ionhxxqf Same problem her on PS4 😞

• Ubi-Baron

@momma_loves_me Thank you for reporting this to us.

There should be a Cutscene that appears at that point, which it seems is not loading for you.

Just to confirm, you have tried reloading an older Save and this occurs every time?

Official Response
  • Hazardous2Fish
    2 posts

Same issue here on the PS5.

• fionntastic
    7 posts

I am frozen in place outside the city at the start of walls and shadows it goes black like a video is about to load then goes back to game play but with no play. I’ve camera control and nothing else. Stuck here watching two men fist fight on a loop.

• szalkiria
    14 posts

@fionntastic I got the same thing on PS4

• szalkiria
    14 posts

Just froze and i can't do anything . undefined

• Hazardous2Fish
    2 posts

I am having the same issue on ps5, I have reloaded a save, even reinstalled the game but it still happens.

• Momma_loves_me
    3 posts

@ubi-baron
    yes I’ve tried about 5 or 6 times to reload an auto save from like 5 minutes before that began! I guess it just doesn’t load cutscene correctly.

• Ubi-Baron

@tonicz9095 Excellent, thank you!

I've passed this on to the team to be looked into.

Official Response
  • not.mine
    2 posts

I have the same problem on PS4 Pro Version 8.0.1 running AC Valhalla 1.0.4.

I also tried to start the mission by attempting from different directions (from inside the town, from outside the town), but no success.
    This prevents the main story to proceed.

• Ubi-Baron

@Hazardous2Fish @Momma_loves_me Thank you for letting us know.

This has been passed on to the team, as we have had other reports of this occurring.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics