Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• brae10950
    1 posts

The walls and shadows mission won’t start . I go to the location it acts like it’s going to start goes to a black screen loads and then I’m standing there frozen every time I can’t move or do anything .

• Omega_Snowball
    2 posts

Yes I have the same issue been like this since the beginning of December now. 60 hr of game play can't do anything. Been waiting for a fix for a while.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@mattyrd1 good to hear. Thank god I tried this method because I was so close to giving up on this game for another 2 months if it didn’t work lol. You’d think they’d have fixed it by now...

• mattyrd1
    7 posts

@shyam3010 I was hoping it would have been done in this patch but obviously it's not a priority for them.

• ryknowbase
    8 posts
  • shyam3010
    84 posts

@mattyrd1 yeah it’s such a shame, not what I’d expect from them. A bit more urgency would be nice. They still haven’t sorted out the duplicate huntsman and galloglach armours out either. I can’t upgrade my huntsman armour past base flawless rating and it’s getting on my nerves a bit

• fancy_Moriarty
    1 posts

There is a gamebreaking cutscene in the game which I encountered yesterday. I looked for it on the Ubi page and apparently this same problem has existed since december now. In these three months the devs at Ubisoft haven't found it necessary to patch this bug which literally hinders player from continuing the main story. Yes. It isn't even a bug in a side mission it is the [censored] main story. Three months. And their answer pretty much is: "Tough luck, idiots" Support found a workaround gladly.
    Ubisoft doesn't care about this game. They don't care about players. All they care about at this point is money. By my guess they have already started development on another cash grab. But at least the Helix Store gets regular upgrades right? I mean...we don't want to hinder people spending real money on [censored] ingame items, right?
    @Support. THAT ONE you can tell the devs.

• gugitia
    1 posts

During the Quest ''muros e sombras" (in portuguese) when i go to luden's gates It was suposed to start a cutscene but the game loads and eivor frozes
    I can't progress this way

• liziopop
    1 posts

There is a bug that stops you from starting the walls and shadows quest if you have discovered lunden before hand

• Pegleg_Bowden
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Crippled_87
    1 posts

I had this same issues I tried a lot of fixes but what worked for me was approaching from the south and jumping on the wagons. This triggered the mission to start for me, it took a few times but it did work. Now the game won’t progress with the reaver of the south mission.

• Pegleg_Bowden
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Pegleg_Bowden
    4 posts

If you're playing on PS4 or PS5 all you have to do is rebuild the database and it fixes the problem. It seems to happen only if you've already been to Lunden before the quest starts.

• smithkl916
    2 posts

This is so annoying. It has been over three months and two major patches and yet this still is a problem. It is not a minor side quest type issue - it is a MAJOR game breaking bug that keeps you from moving on in the story. I reported this as a bug in December, but all they did was close the ticket eventually. I have done Everything else I can do in the game while I waited for Ubisoft to get off their butts - all the world events, river raids, other quests, etc. I am tired of getting helix updates, yuletide events, and other fluff items when the core game is broken! With 180 hours in the game, I continue to hope that we actually get a fix soon so I can finish the main story line!

• johngonzalez336
    1 posts

I'm having the same bug. I can't even start the quest as soon as I get to the gate. Didn't Ubisoft fix it with the latest patch to the game? I'm playing Valhalla on xbox one

• thysdk
    5 posts

I am trying to do the quest "Walls and Shadows" on PS4. This quest send you to Lunden. When arriving at the gate of Lunden, its looks like a cutscene that need to start but my screen is black with the loading sign that's loading and can hear noices in the back. When its done loading, everything freezes, I can move the camera around the character and thats it, cant move, open map nothing, although I can Pause and go back to the main screen.

You Tube Link:

• suici666
    4 posts

I have the same issue as the first reporter, on a original ps4, when I reach the north gate to enter the city and begin the mission the game suddenly freezes allowing only the camera move, with no animation, no character movement. I had to skip Lunden story and go to another region.

• TheBunHead
    1 posts

Hi, I'm having trouble playing the alliance quest for lunden. Everytime I approach the checkpoint for the first quest, my game completely freezes as if its a game break! My screen tried to load but can't. Instead it returns to the previous screen and Eivor doesnt move at all, no matter what button I press. I have to close out the game completely to reset it! I cannot progress in the game. This needs to be fixed.

• baybeefhucker4
    1 posts

Their is a bug with the ‘walls and shadows’ quest, when I walk to the gates of Lunden to start the quest my game goes into a black loading screen and when I come out of it the cutscene doesn’t play and my character is frozen and I cannot do anything. I tried restarting the game several times but this did not fix the issue, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game witch didn’t work either. I then re-loaded the game and tried fast travelling to another location before the mission began (as when the game loads in the missions automatically starts) but when I was in the abyss waiting to spawn my character was still frozen. This bug has completely broken my game and I have lost hours of gameplay.

• thysdk
    5 posts

I see this problem has been reported last year. But I am currently on the quest and the exact same thing happens to me. And I am playing on my PS4

When approaching the Lunden Gate, the cinematic does not start, stuck in a black loading screen for a minute or so. After the load, the character is visible again, but then I am stuck, cant move, cant use abilities, cant open map. The only thing I can do is go back to the main logg in screen. When I re-enter my game, same thing. I also loaded a save few times to approach the wall from different angles and that is not even working.

Link to a video:

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics