Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of being unable to enter Lunden at the beginning of "Walls and Shadows." I have passed on the reports that have been shared here to the development team as part of the investigation.

Currently, we have no new updates to share with you all from the investigation, as the development team is still taking a closer look at this. Once we have any new information to share, it will be posted within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

A few workarounds have been shared within this thread to help players to bypass the freeze. For instance, players have reported that entering Lunden from another direction (rather than by Crepelgate) has allowed them to trigger the cutscene. We have also had reports that deactivating the quest in your quest log and walking up to the location of the quest can trigger the cutscene as well. Another player has reported that disconnecting from the internet allowed them to trigger the cutscene to start "Walls and Shadows." We would recommend trying out these workarounds in the meantime to see if these help you to proceed with the quest.

@mattyrd1 - Thanks for sharing how you were able to get the cutscene to trigger. For any other players who are having trouble starting the cutscene, you could try their workaround:

Don't Go through the gate climb on top and walk around till you see the marker then climb down the tower

@ryknowbase - Thanks for sharing that video workaround within the thread as well!

@Crippled_87 - Thank you for sharing your method on how to trigger the cutscene. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to proceed in "Reaver of the South." You can find a megathread about this investigation here.

@Pegleg_Bowden - Thanks for sharing how you were able to resolve this issue. If any players need help in rebuilding the database, you can check out this FAQ.

@thysdk - Thanks for taking the time to share a video showing the freeze you're encountering in "Walls and Shadows." I've included this within your report to the development team. If you haven't already, could you try some of the workarounds that have been shared in the thread to see if this allows you to proceed with the quest?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Sup3r_Vegeta83
    5 posts

I play on PS4 an the "Walls an shadows" mission is broken when I enter the objective area in Lunden it takes loads an Eivor is immovable only the camera I've saved this mission till last but now it's all that's left so the game is BROKEN?????
    Put in hours into a game only to get to a broken mission that won't let you progress🤬🤬🤬

• Sup3r_Vegeta83
    5 posts

When I get to mission objective in Lunden in the "Walls and Shadows" mission it load then show Eivor but he is immovable only thing you can do is move the camera an pause to quit to title screen. I saved this mission till last hoping it would work but it's the last mission so THE GAME IS BROKEN!!! Is there anything that can be done???

• Sup3r_Vegeta83
    5 posts

I'm also stuck on the "Walls and Shadows" mission . When I get to the objective area it loads the shows Eivor standing unable to move all I can do is move the camera an pause the game. I saved it till last but now it's the last mission so the game is essentially BROKEN untill it's fixed. Is there anything I can do I've put over 80 hours into this game just for it to be UNPLAYABLE 😭😭

• Sup3r_Vegeta83
    5 posts

@sup3r_vegeta83 an I tried disconnecting from internet and deactivating the quest and approaching from multiple angles nothing I do works.

• Sup3r_Vegeta83
    5 posts

@sup3r_vegeta83 (UPDATE) I was able to get the "Walls and Shadows" mission to start by changing the gender of Eivor from male to female 🤷♀🤷♂️ Don't know if that will work for everyone but it worked for me. Hope it helps someone else.

• HeretoHelp001
    1 posts

How to fix this bug. So first change quests to IDK any other quest. Then go in front of the area where the bug freezes you, call your horse get on your horse, follow the road, then when you get close enough you should automatically jump off and the cinematic should play.

• Ruan642
    6 posts

Still can't start the Lunden arc quest due to the walls and shadows quest being bugged. Go into loading screeen and cinematic never starts after loading screen ends and Eivor is stuck in place. Had to reload a save before everytime tried doing this quest.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello all!

The development team are still looking into the issue wherein the cutscene at the start of "Walls and Shadows" does not trigger when entering Lunden. This is why it was not included in TU 1.2.0. At the moment, we have no new information to share from the investigation. Once we have any new updates to share with you all, we will post them within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

A number of workarounds have been shared with players to help in getting past this issue. I'd recommend taking a look at these videos, provided by players within this thread, which show ways to get the cutscene to trigger:

You can also deactivating the quest and walking up to where the marker was can trigger the cutscene.

@Sup3r_Vegeta83 - Thanks for sharing which workarounds you have already tried. I'm sorry to hear that these haven't worked for you. Please be assured that the development team is looking into this issue further. Once we have any updates, we will share them within the forum.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • a240bravo
    1 posts

I have tried every possible work around for this and still get the glitch, ive wasted hours trying to get past this... it’s ridiculous

• redjoekido
    3 posts

While I was on my way to story mission in Lundun, once I got to where the story mission is located, I was treated to a long loading screen and once that is done; I can't seem to move Eivor. I can still rotate the camera but I tried other buttons but don't work.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @redjoekido,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to move.

Can you please confirm if you're using your controller wireless or wired? Additionally, can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? It will help you to eliminate any conflicts. Last, but not least, have you tried reinstalling your game by any chance? This will help you to eliminate any corrupted files (if there are any).

Many thanks and if you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Official Response
  • guest-uHSq0aLl
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-uHSq0aLl
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis this is incredibly frustrating. I hope UBIsoft is aware that this is not cool.

• johnnewwe
    2 posts

Just making sure to bump this up. Still relevant, and the user solves still work to get around this system error. 🙂

• LT-Kahunaa
    1 posts

Ubisoft,

4 months in this game, dropped it in January because of this bug: just started it to see if it was fixed...
    Nope still nothing fixed, a lot of new extra content for sale and a raiders mission, but no fix??

I did all arcs already want to do Lunden arc now, but still freezes, did every possible live hack on youtube, but nothing worked. Fix it I can't progress my hard bought game..

[censored] ubisoft
    angry very angry customer...

• EelcoT87
    1 posts

Same problem,
    Tried every work around but nothing works.

Getting really sick of it.
    😠

• jake52son
    2 posts

@eugenio5290 I am having the same issue.

• jake52son
    2 posts

@ubi-mark I have the same issue. I've completed all other missions but am unable to even start this one. Tried numerous times. Looking over all the remarks from all the other people who keep having the same issues. PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM.

• Fireknightmare
    1 posts

@eelcot87 hey new here but might have found an issue that could be causing the bug. Try disabling nudity. When the screen locks you up and doesn't play the scene go to options(don't go back to title) disable nudity and confirm it. It should then reload your save and get the cut scene to work. If this works alert others please.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics