Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@grupenfuhrsmith I'd maybe skip it for now. Supposed to be a patch coming mid Dec. Maybe work on some others pledges. I've seen some others having this issue as well. For some changing the approach works, others it doesn't. Hope it sorts out.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 664 posts

Hey there! I am sorry that you both have not been able to proceed in the Walls and Shadows quest! A few others have reported this and the Game team is currently looking into it. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused in the meantime, but thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • B3T0N1342
    4 posts

Hello
    When I play AC Valhalla during the Walls and Shadows mission when Iwant to enter the Lunden location at the very beginning of the "Go to Lunden" quest when I'm in front of the Beggars Gate of Lunden a black screen appears and then end I can't move the character which prevents further progress in the story. Please respond quickly and thank you for your help.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there everyone!

I've merged together several threads about this issue into one megathread. In future, if you encounter this issue, please update this thread so we have all the information in one location.

Thank you for sharing your experiences of the issue, and the workarounds you have found. Our development team has been investigating the issue further, and we hope to have a fix in an upcoming patch. I'm afraid that I have no further information to share regarding this, including when this fix will be deployed. Once we have more information to share, we'll post it within this thread.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, and appreciate your ongoing patience at this time. If you have any additional information you would like to share, please don't hesitate to update this thread.

not.mine - Thanks for sharing what helped to resolve the issue for you! If you're encountering this issue on PS4, you may also want to try rebuilding the database as well.

Kaihlos787 - Thanks for sharing your workaround with us as well! I'm glad it helped you resolve your issue, broadbentski14.

Official Response
  • guest-LaJz2y0d
    1 posts

Every time I try to start to Lunden story arch I have the quest “Walls and Shadows-Travel to Lunden”. Yet every single time I get close to the objective my game has a long loading screen, every time it’s done loading I don’t get the cutscene and I can’t move my character. The only thing I can do is press start to go to the Options Menu. I’ve tried everything to fix this but nothing works. Since this doesn’t work I can’t continue in the actually main story which is disappointing.

• ownage_machine
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis

Installed new PS5 system software - issue still not resolved.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

@ownage_machine Hello there!

Please note that this issue will hopefully to be fixed in an upcoming game patch, not a system patch. At this moment in time, we don't have a definite ETA for this fix.

Once we have more information to share, we will post it within this thread. Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding 😊

Official Response
  • Jorkace
    5 posts

@guest-lajz2y0d Same problem. It has been 4-5 days and still waiting 😕

• guest-cV0qS9GG
    7 posts

@not-mine it work thanks

• guest-GS9rGA0Z
    1 posts

Hey guys I've just accepted the quest Shadows and walls and worked my way down for Lunden but when I arrive at beggars gate I'm greeted by a long cutscene and gameplay where I can move the camera but cant move Eivor.

Please help me, I have 25+ hours in this game I dont want to restart.

Thanks

• vershphd
    1 posts

@guest-gs9rga0z instead of approaching the gate directly, approach it from the side along the walls, worked for me.

• skrivergangen20
    8 posts

Yep, this has happened to me also. Every time I get close to the start objective the game goes to a black loading screen with the AC icon in the lower right, then it comes back but the character is frozen, can only move the camera and go to start menu or quit. I have tried reloading from an earlier save, restarting of course, re installing the game, coming around from the other side and entering the start objective that way, synchronising from Lunden then going to the objective, nothing is working, every time it freezes. reading other forums it seems like the only way is to go back to an earlier save before you pledge Lunden and that may be a way to get around this bug. Luckily it's not too far back but this is really frustrating and should be fixed. There also seems to be another bug in this quest when investigating the clues which halts progress.

Ubisoft - is this going to be fixed??

• skrivergangen20
    8 posts

Yep, this has happened to me also. Every time I get close to the start objective the game goes to a black loading screen with the AC icon in the lower right, then it comes back but the character is frozen, can only move the camera and go to start menu or quit. I have tried reloading from an earlier save, restarting of course, re installing the game, coming around from the other side and entering the start objective that way, synchronising from Lunden then going to the objective, nothing is working, every time it freezes. reading other forums it seems like the only way is to go back to an earlier save before you pledge Lunden and that may be a way to get around this bug. Luckily it's not too far back but this is really frustrating and should be fixed. There also seems to be another bug in this quest when investigating the clues which halts progress.

Ubisoft - is this going to be fixed??

• skrivergangen20
    8 posts

Every time I get close to the start objective the game goes to a black loading screen with the AC icon in the lower right, then it comes back but the character is frozen, can only move the camera and go to start menu or quit. I have tried reloading from an earlier save, restarting of course, re installing the game, coming around from the other side and entering the start objective that way, synchronising from Lunden then going to the objective, nothing is working, every time it freezes. reading other forums it seems like the only way is to go back to an earlier save before you pledge Lunden and that may be a way to get around this bug. Luckily it's not too far back but this is really frustrating and should be fixed. There also seems to be another bug in this quest when investigating the clues which halts progress.

Ubisoft - is this going to be fixed?? Please update me.
    Thanks

• Malovich2020
    4 posts

@skrivergangen20 Same here

I am wondering if the 1.04 patch rollout is reposnible for this.

• Malovich2020
    4 posts

@guest-lajz2y0d Same here. I'm thinking the latest patch is responsible.

I'm going around solving every mystery and every other side-quest in the meantime, hoping that Ubisoft will fix it post-haste.

• Malovich2020
    4 posts

PC here, but I've got the same bug, so it's not a system-based error. I'm hoping Ubisoft gets to this one quick; I'm running out of other things I can do, since I cannot switch quests.

• Malovich2020
    4 posts

Same issue here; accept the Lunden quest, go to Lunden, watch the loading animation screen start up, wait a couple of minutes, screen comes back and I am unable to move. It looks like the transition to animation isn't happening smoothly and a number of flags aren't being set in the right order and it's just dumping the runtime back into camera mode with incomplete instructions.

I'm running on a PC with mid-level specs.

• guest-H7fsNzyI
    1 posts

After pledging to Lunden, I traveled there to play the first mission of the arc outside the north gate (first cut scene of wall of shadows). The first time I played it, I won the first fight but then the game froze and I had to quit to title screen. I loaded an older save and went back. After a longer than usual loading screen, all the characters are frozen in place including Eivor. Every time I go back it does this and the only thing I can do is quit to title screen. I went back to the alliance map and pledged to Sciropscire and then pledged back again to Lunden but now the mission icon doesn't even appear on the map. When I go to the location where the mission should be, there is nothing there. Is there any way to fix this without losing several hours of gameplay?

• skrivergangen20
    8 posts

@Ubi-Baron is there an update on the fix?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics