Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 16 Likes/350 Replies/15995 Views
    X.p0ker25
    Original poster 2 posts

Playing on an older PS4. The game has random blue screen lockups but this is different.
    When I approach the north gate of Lunden, it's supposed to start an animation. I never get that far. It goes into a black screen with the 'activity' symbol in the lower right-hand corner for about 20 seconds. After that I can see Eivor and can move the camera but nothing else. I cannot move, I can't activate my menu, abilities or fast travel. I can only pause and reload the game. This has happened 6 times. I have checked to see that I'm running the most current version of the game and performed multiple restarts. I've done all the non-story content in Lunden but cannot start this quest.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hayvan1993
    2 posts

Hello,

I play on ps4 and i have problems with the quest walls and shadows. I was supposed to enter Lunden and an boxing event triggered. My two opponents spawned dead and I couldn't exit the boxing event. I had to reload but now the quest won't start at all.

I can't continue the campaign mission and I'm already 22h into the game. Newstart or load a save load are no option for me - I played for to long after the bug appeared.

This is my very first ticket. I hope you can help me.

• ZeroHunt_X
    3 posts

I go to where the mission starts but i glitch any idea how to fix this?

• explodingice
    2 posts

Whenever I attempt to approach the first marker,the one on the stable,the cutscene attempts to load. The game cuts to black,the load marker in the bottom right shows for a little bit,and the game loads back to normal,however now the text for "travel to Lunden" is gone and I have no controls. My options are to stand there and watch nps go about their business or press start which opens the screen for "quit to main title" or "options."

Ive still got Sciropescire and Snotinghamscire to do,though the second is out of my power range currently. Ive cleared most of the areas ive already done,ive tried switching save files,turning it off and on.Ive tried switching my pledge back and forth to no effect so ill do the others while I wait,but id hate to find out I have to restart my whole save file 40+ hours in.

• KingleoA19
    4 posts

I have downloaded the 1.04 update today whilst starting this quest yesterday and I have travelled to luden and then the game saves the screen the goes black and shows that it is loading but when the game comes back on I am standing out luden. I CANNOT MOVE or load up the menu and I am effectively stuck in place i think the update has broke the game and yet I am over 30 hours into please can someone help and give me a reason for this.

• partcyborg
    1 posts

I have encountered a game breaking bug in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Ubisoft support case: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Cases/13438217

When beginning the quest "Walls and Shadows", you are instructed to travel to Lunden. However once arriving in Lunden, as soon as I approach the quest marker, the game suddenly switches to a black screen like a cut scene is about to start. No cut screen appears, and the black screen continues for some time, while ambient audio from the current area continues to play in the background. Eventually, the normal game screen returns, however I am unable to move my character in any way. The game continues like this until I exit.

I have done a number of things to try to resolve this issue on my own, and each time the issue reoccurs. These steps are listed below:
    - Restart the game
    - Restart my computer
    - Approach the quest marker from the opposite side of the map
    - Reset my DirectX cache
    - Reset my shader cache
    - Start the game in offline mode
    - Verify game files
    - Ensure that my OS is fully updated
    - Ensure that I am running the latest Radeon GPU drivers

Here is a video of me encountering this issue:

System Information
    Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Display Adaptor: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

• guest-eOrvLDqH
    1 posts

Walls and Shadows quest as soon as I get to the quest spot it acts like there should be a cut scene and after waiting for it nothing comes up and my character is stuck just standing there can't move can't do anything but reload last saved game.

• Mcnilty
    3 posts

Hi, i'm playing on ps5 and just started the walls and shadows quest. When I arrive at the North gate of London, the game takes slightly longer to load, and then my character won't move, I can only move the camera angle. Is there a fix?

• Kaihlos787
    4 posts

When I try to start the mission in Lunden instead of loading the cutscene it goes to gameplay but cant move only the camera works im stuck here and cant progress!

• Schmidy0462
    1 posts

Walls and Shadows Bug
    When first arriving to Lunden I go in to a loading screen then come out unable to move character. I can move camera but the only thing I can do is quit to main menu.

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

I was trying to start the Lunden arc and fast traveled to Lunden (I'd already been there several times.) I headed for the quest marker at the Cripple Gate but was coming from inside the city. The game screen went black and there was some dialog like a cut scene was about to start but it just kept loading and loading (spinning symbol in lower right corner.) After at least 3 to 4 minutes it finally loaded and I was inside the gate still and couldn't move. No one was moving, no cut scene played or anything. Only thing I could do was quit to title screen. I reloaded my last save inside the city, but this time I went outside the walls and came back around and approached the gate from the outside and it worked fine.

• ToNicZ9095
    7 posts

I have an issue when trying to start the "Walls and Shadows" quest (Lunden Arc). The quest triggers an auto-saving loop that goes on for about 30 seconds. After that the quest sort of "activates", but there are nothing active for the quest to be done and Eivor can't move (only rotate camera). I can't open the map or anything, exept having the only options to quit to Title Screen or Options Menu.

Tired exiting to Animus, fast travel to the settlement and back a couple of times. Also tried to close the game properly from the Xbox home screen.
    This is my first MAJOR glitch, since I can't progress with the story. 40+ hours in.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@ToNicZ9095 Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been occurring.

One thing to try, if you haven't already is creating a New Manual save, then loading that Save and trying to see if the same thing happens or if it's due to the current Save slot.

Official Response
  • Nightshadow159
    1 posts

@explodingice I'm getting the same thing on PS4. Did you clear out the mysteries, artifacts and wealth before attempting the mission? I'm wondering if clearing the map first and then starting the story mission has somehow broken this mission. Which would be unfortunate for me as that is my preferred play style. Basically the cutscene doesn't load but the game tries to...

• ToNicZ9095
    7 posts

@ubi-baron
    Thanks for the reply!
    However creating a new Manual Save did not solve the issue, unfortunately. I also tried approaching from different directions of the wall, but that has not worked either. From watching some videos the auto-save loop does its thing instead of playing the cutscene that should occur.

Hoping the next patch fixes this issue and releases fairly soon!

• olvirhufna
    1 posts

I arrived at the Crepelgate and heard Eivor speak (perhaps a cut scene) but nothing happened. I spent about 15 minutes exploring and completing a treasure hoard, saved my game and logged off.

All my save games (manual and auto) are in Lunden. When I load any I cannot move, and pressing options gives only return to main menu or game options choice (like when in a cut scene). Happens on all saves.

Saw similar issue for PC but obviously the workaround does not work on ps4, plus I don't have an earlier autosave before the arrival at Lunden.

As all of my autosaves are broken, I cannot play. 33 hours in, so starting a new game (to then potentially be bugged) is not an option.

Thanks.

• szalkiria
    14 posts

Fantastic patch my game got error again in Lunden "Walls of Shadows: My character is froze. I can't make any move . Thats is first chapter. I try to move and nothing happened . Everything else is moving except my character. The game was loading when i was close to the meeting point and then the character just froze. 
    Is PS4 game .

• explodingice
    2 posts

@nightshadow159 I did both of the view points,and I have a few of the treasures,a few of the artifacts. I did kind of a lazy line left to right as i did the view points. After exploring the Assassin Bureau,I went to the point for the first time,approaching from in the city. Every time I approached it from any direction my game glitched out and froze up.

An update however! I finished Sciropscire and pledged to Cent,however havent actually done any of the main story quests yet. While messing around I found myself in Lunden again and I accidentally wandered into the gate again and was facepalming for starting the cycle again. After quitting to main menu,I hit continue(instead of loading an old save) and kicked myself again because this had only continued the cycle in the past. However this time for whatever reason the cutscene loaded? After its all resolved im now following Stowe, however there is no quest in my book and I didnt get any sort of pop up on screen like youd normally get when stuff progresses. For concern of creating some sort of error I fast traveled home,pledged to Lunden,and my quest book is correct. I traveled back to Lunden and it seems as though things are working as normal?

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hello there! I'm extremely sorry to hear about these problems you've experienced in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you for providing detail on them for me! Have you tried completing our PS4 troubleshooting guide? Rebuilding your database specifically would be great to try. This process acts like a computer disk defragmenter and will not affect your save data. It's typically good to try when you encounter blue screens or other various technical problems. If possible, it would be really helpful to have a video exhibiting this issue. Please let me know if those steps do not help! You can also always reach out to our team at support.ubi.com.

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@kaihlos787 Hello! I'm very sorry to hear about this problem you've encountered in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Does the problem persist after reloading the game? Have you tried completing the quick steps in our Xbox troubleshooting guide?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics