Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • jake52son
    2 posts

@eugenio5290 I am having the same issue.

• jake52son
    2 posts

@ubi-mark I have the same issue. I've completed all other missions but am unable to even start this one. Tried numerous times. Looking over all the remarks from all the other people who keep having the same issues. PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM.

• Fireknightmare
    1 posts

@eelcot87 hey new here but might have found an issue that could be causing the bug. Try disabling nudity. When the screen locks you up and doesn't play the scene go to options(don't go back to title) disable nudity and confirm it. It should then reload your save and get the cut scene to work. If this works alert others please.

• JointsMcdank
    1 posts

@fireknightmare This worked! Nothing else worked for me but this did! Thank you so much Ive been trying for days.

• Ditchqueen
    1 posts

This is ridiculous! I have had this issue since last year and still no fix.
    I have tried reloading, unselecting the quest, jumping in from the back etc.
    Literally can't finish the game and it seems the developers could care less. This issue has been reported for over 6 months. They've released DLC's, festivals, but not a fix for this. The game is totally useless.
    I realize new games have bugs. When I first experienced this issue, I thought- no big deal, I'll play something else and it will be fixed in a few months.
    Obviously, I was wrong.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1535 posts

Hello all,

I apologise for the delayed post. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble entering Lunden to begin "Walls and Shadows." The development team are still investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any new information to share with you from the development team. Rest assured that as soon as we have new updates to share with you all, they will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

I have passed on the reports that have been shared within this thread since our last update so the development team can take a closer look at these.

If you have encountered this issue and haven't yet tried the workarounds shared in this thread, I would recommend giving these a go. In particular, players have reported that coming to the quest marker from a different location (not through Crepelgate) has allowed them to proceed, They have also deactivated the quest marker and walked up to where the marker was to trigger the cutscene. You could also try @Fireknightmare's workaround:

Try disabling nudity. When the screen locks you up and doesn't play the scene go to options(don't go back to title) disable nudity and confirm it. It should then reload your save and get the cut scene to work. 

@johnnewwe - Please refrain from bumping threads, as this goes against the forum rules. The development team are still looking into this issue further. Once we have any new information, we'll be sure to let you all know within this thread.

@Fireknightmare - Thank you for sharing your workaround with us! I'm glad to hear that this helped out @JointsMcdank 😄 I've passed this along to the development team.

@Ditchqueen - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and for letting us know that you've tried the workarounds previously shared. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused during the investigation. We don't yet have any updates to share regarding a fix. Once the development team reaches out to us with an update, we will share this information in the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • LT-Kahunaa89
    1 posts

Still nothing Ubisoft??
    Fix the bug...
    Or money back..
    4fs

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @LT-Kahunaa89! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to progress in "Walls and Shadows." The development team are still looking into this issue further, and we don't yet have any new updates to share from the investigation. As soon as we have any news to share, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as possible.

Have you been able to try any of the workarounds suggested within this thread? As they have helped some other players to bypass the issue, they may also help you to progress further in the quest.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • perkst
    1 posts

@kaihlos787

Your are a Legend

I used Fast Travel Picked up an assasin, swapped to track that quest went to gate and up loaded the cut scene and quest line started.

Why cant they give these work arounds out.

Using Original PS4 and now happy

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing how you were able to continue with "Walls and Shadows," @perkst! Thanks for letting us know that @Kaihlos787's workaround helped you out 😄

For anyone who is interested, this is @Kaihlos787's workaround:

Finally I did something and it worked so I loaded a save file minutes before I got stuck changed the mission to another one in lunden find something for someone but didn't finish the quest then I went back to the walls and shadow but didn't put the mission I was still in the other one walked very slowly from inside the castle to the mission which is outside waited till Eivor finished talking something about the bridge and it worked the cutscene appeared and could continue playing hope it works for all of you!

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics