Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • legion900t
    Original poster 1 posts

I rebound the controller at the very start of the game. I use L1 to aim, L2 to block, R1 for light attack, and R2 to heavy attack/ fire when using a bow.
    Assuming due to this I am unable to fish as when I have the fishing line out and press L2 it draws my shield, when I press L2 to cast it instead performs the heavy attack.
    I have tried alternating my input to reflect my rebinded configuration to no success.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

I don't understand why they made rebinding the buttons so difficult in this game (including NOT being able to leave something unused like the panoramic button or any thing NOT being used to free up conflicts), or why games do that in general. In 2000, I'd expect that for a PC-only game where control layouts weren't standardized yet, but in today's world, it's puzzling. Played other AC games over the years, most being on consoles with last 2 on PC, and don't remember having any issues with how buttons were laid out. This game however, took some serious tweaking to not get conflicts that blocked a button's hold press (HATE holding a button for something simple; button holds started years ago to prevent accidental save overwriting or loading, due to a lazy save ui but ubi seems to use them for everything, from looting to getting off the damned horse), prevent camera from working, or any other unintended effect.

Either remap to a good layout or consider jumping in the water and using melee. Stay under water, near the surface, then get close and spam the light attack. You'll hit them with a hatchet. Very quick and once you get the hang of it, very easy. Time it takes to catch and reel one fish in, you can get 10 with the hatchet. Shallow water that's knee high, use something like a special attack for duel daggers, and it'll launch you forward into them. Can clear a pond in 10 minutes of a 100+ fish that way. Some use spears, etc.. Herd the fish to one side then attack when they are clustered together.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics