Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImTheRealDeath
    Original poster 6 posts

Not sure how to word this, but I've found several encounters to be highly uncomfortable. I get the importance of being diverse, but it ruins my character building when subtle friendships immediately turn sexual. I'm 60% into the game and I've already had to question my sexuality 7 times.

I understand the choices I make can prevent this, but it pretty much destroys the immersion for me when every other main character wants to plow me the second we start talking.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

It's really strange to me for a male Eivor to be constantly flirted with by male characters; which was something generally looked downed upon in Norse society. It felt that I had more options to be gay than I had for non-homosexual encounters, including the one of two female romance options. It was really jarring.

It made sense in an ancient Greek setting with Odyssey, but not so much here.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

Eivor is a female name in Norway - and from what I've read here on the forums Eivor can be considered female even when the Animus appearance is male. Even then, Eivor seems to get equal attention from both male and female NPCs.

Eivor - Wikipedia

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

It's also worthwhile doing some research on Viking sexuality:

A Look at the History of Viking Sexuality and Gender (ranker.com)

Basically, homosexuality and bisexuality weren't unknown concepts in Viking society and Ubisoft aren't too wrong in how they handled this (although the amount of times Eivor is offered romance is probably more than the average Viking would have experienced - then again, the average Viking probably didn't kill thousands of men)

• Netspook
    287 posts
    It's really strange to me for a male Eivor to be constantly flirted with by male characters; which was something generally looked downed upon in Norse society.

@FylkirPanzer
    You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• LaMOi
    159 posts

haha.....

I know what you mean. And he is the real kicker, personally I think they mo capped the woman for the cut scenes because sometimes my male character moves rather feminine in the cut scenes.

I think they probably asked the woman to move in a way that wasn’t overly feminine, so they wouldn’t have to mo-cap Twice. But they still are scenes that are a bit suspect.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@netspook Not entirely. It was typically looked down upon to be the "one who receives" in a male homosexual relationship. It was seen as something weak, and unmanly, or ergi as the term goes. There was a social stigma attached to that person if they were the receiver.

Sexual acts towards men from other men, in a non-aggressive or non-receiving manner was "generally" acceptable. Sexual domination of men by other men in an aggressive sense was used as a form of punishment or to shame someone.

Seeing as the scenes boil down to, dialogue, then black screen, there's no telling if male Eivor is the giver or the receiver. It can be assumed they're the giver, but we just don't know. If they were not, then they would lose their social status, especially for someone who is second to the Jarl in his settlement.

My issue stems from the fact that as a male Eivor, you are far more likely to be romanced by/propositioned by other males, than the few females options in game. It's jarring. It made sense in Odyssey given the setting and era, but not so much here.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@imtherealdeath As in modern times you have a chance to be hit on by the various😁. It may be uncomfortable but you say not interested or no thank you and move on, or maybe just be friendly and possibly make a friend, how is it any different in the game?

• ImTheRealDeath
    Original poster 6 posts

@quor321 In modern times, I'm not running around slaying Danes in the name of conquest. I'm a bad-[censored] ninja Viking with questionable stealth tactics single handily changing the course of history by my decisions. Again, no hate from me; I just find it extremely awkward.

Also, it's not often to have a man hit on you unless you put off those kinds of vibes. I'd suspect misrepresentation to a straight male would not end very well for that chad.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics