Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LaMOi
    Original poster 159 posts

Just saying.

I mean on paper it should be the best one. I definitely like the inclusion of social stealth.

But I have to say, Stealth is the worst aspect of this game.

There is very few stealth items or features that can be used to distract enemies or lure enemies away from their position. You have the whistle and that’s about it.

The AI is just rotten. They seem dumber than the previous two games, they get stuck on the scenery, and clearly struggle to keep track of the player when they’re alerted etc.
    There was one enemy outpost With what seemed to be a higher rank enemy had on him some kind of wealth item. He would walk round in the middle of the outpost where there was civilians and other enemies middling about. It was quite clear from the layout that they wanted you to figure out a social stealth way of blending in at certain points, a bench, a table etc, before striking.

But as I was observing this situation, it honestly felt like the old Assassins Creed games, but not in a good way, the whole concept just felt dated, and it played out in a clunky way.

Stealth as a whole — theres just countless little niggles that really undermine the experience when you’re playing stealthily.

And I have to say, I never had this feeling when playing Odyssey. Odyssey’s stealth and AI felt at the very least functional, whilst not being anything particularly impressive.

Assassins Creed is about stealth right? So why is AI not seen as a priority??

It got me thinking — how sad is it that my only hope these days for games that includes stealth, is that the AI doesn’t completely suck!!
    It’s like my expectations are SO low, that I never hope that the AI is actually good!

I honestly want this to change with this new generation.
    Because I don’t understand how games 20 years ago had better AI than a lot of games today?
    I mean I’m not unreasonable, I do understand that with these large open worlds comes a whole myriad of challenges with regards to pathfinding etc and coding AI.

But even still, I do hope we start to get better AI in games…

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@lamoi Although it's possible to take out an outpost in stealth mode, I agree you're not really given nice stealth tools in Valhalla. You can whistle, you can occasionally use drunks (although I've yet to find a good use for them) and that's about it.

Yeah, it's a shame.

• LaMOi

@thoughttwenty

you can use arrows to get guards attention like in odyssey but it’s gotta be pretty close for the enemy to register the sound.

He’s weird because this is the publisher that brought out the far cry games, and in those games you could use fire, you could set buildings on fire to Lure/distract enemies.

In this game if you set building is on fire the AI usually don’t seem to notice it

• LaMOi

also there’s some good ideas — Enemy stress levels = If they witness more stressful events they’ll stay alert for longer. Now I like that idea and I think it’s good. But to be perfectly honest I haven’t really seen it translates into the gameplay and have much impact.

• LaMOi

i’ll tell you another place where this game really faulters with regards to stealth, compared with previous Assassins Creed games, if the enemy spot you, it’s a breeze to completely ditch them, they hardly chase you at all.

I mean if you look back on the old Assassins Creed games — blimey being chased was one of the core pillars of the central gameplay Loop!!
    Having enemies chasing you through the streets onto rooftops, and you using your agility / parkour to out run them....

Seriously even Odyssey, the AI would at least give a little bit of a chase, so being spotted especially in an enemy FORT/ Castle had a little bit of consequence…

You get spotted in Valhalla, and it’s like meh... no big deal !!

• Kormac67
    733 posts

Also, in Odyssey it was a good idea to dispose of bodies if you wanted to stay stealthy.
    Here nobody cares about corpses of their mates lying around.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics