Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kronograf
    Original poster 3 posts

The game has been freezing for me quite frequently post 1.0.4, or just crashing straight to desktop with no error message. I'm using a 2080Ti with the latest driver (460.79) - when I check problem reports, it looks like the culprit is D3DDRED2.

It mainly seems to happen during monastery raids / clearing of restricted area forts during combat. Would really appreciate if this can be parked under Known Issues - it's affecting enjoyment really badly for me since it could freeze at any time and I lose all my combat progress for the larger areas.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Cheetah25
    3 posts

Same here with RTX 2080 Super. Read on reddit and other sources about that problem a lot, but noone reacts to it yet (neither developer nor gfx card manufacturer). I heard, the 44x.xx Drivers from Nvidia do not crash that often, but I wont downgrade my system for that. Meanwhile I can not play for more than 20 minutes anymore before it crashs to desktop. (460.89 Driver).

Please add this to "known problems" and let the developers check on the DX 12 API, which seems to be the problem at the moment. BTW 1.1.0 fixed nothing for me in this case. In fact the problems got worse after 1.0.4. I played like 60 hours with 1.0 and had not one single crash.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

the same here there are days that I play for 4 hours or more without problems, there are days that I have D3DDRED2 error every 5 minutes or less.

other games are working normally, I did everything so I did not do the dowgrade for drivers 40 .. from nvidia because I have a 3070 and I do not have this option to test.

• Troopercooper80
    50 posts

This is a thing since launch by the way, I and many others made topics on this, never been addressed by ubisoft.

Now im lucky enough to only rarely get this crash, it’s non critical and windows might seem to report it as hardware failure, but that’s nonsense.
    Its dx12 failure due to Valhalla in some way. (D3ddred2 = fancy code talk for dx12 so naturally it causes a driver crash/reset)

Keep in mind I can play the play the buggiest game released that everyone knows, ending in “2077” without a single crash or issue, on ultra settings for well over 80 hours now.

Nothing wrong with my hardware or system, thank you very much.

This is very much a Valhalla problem the devs need to look at already.

• jeu_sim
    2 posts

Same problem here ... I tried everything the support suggested me (scanning, reinstalling, ...), old Nvidia drivers don't get rid of the problem for me ...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics