Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    410 posts

@outlander1982 building on the duel protagonist idea, I've just researched it for a bit. The main pushback against two protagonists is that people wanted a female only protagonist. That's based based of posts I remember seeing (were mostly in the group of people who didn't like the game) and a few old articles I just read. Nothing to do about how it affected the story from what I've just looked up

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@max18400 As far as I am aware, there also was a lot of commotion around the first DLC (The Legacy of the First Blade), because the story forced the protagonist (either male or female) into a specific heterosexual relationship with Darius' son/daughter to produce a child, Elpidios. For many people this did not fit in with their (firmly established) interpretation of the protagonist, for a variety of reasons. This was clearly an example of the story getting in the way of an RPG's freedom of choice.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@hroozenbeek definitely. I mean I had to. If you search assassin's creed odyssey controversy duel protagonist, that dlc comes up 90% of the time haha. I think that issue was more, 'here's an rpg, play as you see fit, except for this bit where this HAS to happen and has to conform to how we want the story to go'. And rightfully, players kicked off.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@max18400 Natakas was clearly no match for my Kassandra, so I think that she had an affair with Darius which they covered up by pretending the child was Natakas'. 😉

• bradero1993
    3 posts

@fimbulthulur hey, [censored]. It didnt force you to start as a female you just got too excited and hit x or a whatever system your on without actually choosing....... and if it made you play as female then how do you know what pronouns are used towards Male eivor?

• bradero1993
    3 posts

@karloz1995 please tell me you are being a smartass. There were plenty of female warriors in real viking bbn history. Ever heard of a shieldmaiden?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@bradero1993 'Plenty' is maybe stretching it a bit... But see some other posts in this thread for more details.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@hroozenbeek ngl, when I get round to doing my history PhD, I may write a paper on shieldmaidens. They're fascinating

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@max18400 Remember to send me a copy when you're done! 😉

• Max18400
    410 posts

@hroozenbeek won't be for few years. In the UK, funding for humanity PhDs is nearly non existant. Especially since leaving the EU. So I have to raise money then do it (basically start another career) for 5ish years

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

My male eivor was propositioned by SO many male main characters. I don't recall the exact number, but at least 4 main story-quest characters wanted to have same-sex relations with my male eivor. It was definitely over the top.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@shaiwan43 I think it's the braided hair that sends mixed signals. 😉

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

Interesting thread really.
    Read almost all of it and couldn't formulate my point of view initially.

But I went up to the beginning of the thread and immediately found it and the answer to the topic probably.

The OP got banned.
    Probably due to this topic.

This is what happens when someone disagrees with the Ubisoft and expresses his/her concerns and discontent.
    No freedom of speech, no tolerance to views different than their own.

If the abovementioned is true, then this is a new low for Ubisoft, apart from forcing their view to people in such totalitarian ways.

And the guy was calling them liberal.
    These are true communists 😂😂😂
    Censorship. Here.
    Can't believe it😂😂😂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@mitko1197 You're jumping to conclusions. As far as I know, it's not so much what you say that gets you banned or censored - up to a certain point anyway -, but how you say it.

• Kormac67
    950 posts

@mitko1197 Well, Ubi owns this forum. If you come into my house and insist on your right of Free Speech I may show you the door and invite you to speak out on the street instead.

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@hroozenbeek might be.

Yet the fact is, the OP is banned. And in this thread and her/his others I didn't see anything bad said by her/him to anyone.
    Soo, kinda rises the question here

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@kormac67 this is not how it works, unfortunately.

You cannot create your rules and policies that violate law.

• Kormac67
    950 posts

@mitko1197 Law allows me to show anybody out of the door in my place for whatever reason that pleases me.
    And typing here you are using server space and bandwidth owned by a private company. Who are even required by law to keep their place free of racism, hate speech, discrimination, all that.
    So they have every right to ban a troll for violating their rules (which he accepted when he signed on this forum).

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@kormac67 and do not forget, that by buying the game, you are buying your right for a free will and free speech, bcs thats what Ubi promoted from the beginning, talking into relation of the topic discussed here. So Ubi don't have the right really to ban you for this.

It is like I sign with you a purchase contract for a one room of your house and a right to use and be in the dinning room for my needs and then you would forbid me not only to speak there, but also to be there.
    This is a violation of law and the contract.

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@kormac67 yes, but this this is not the case here.
    There is a purchase deal between customer and Ubi.
    And also, I for once, don't recall agreeing on terms and conditions of the forum, neither they were presented to me to be signed.

Suggested Topics