Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kormac67
    673 posts

And I like this forum's "block user" function. ❤

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@kormac67 I don't care, feel free to like whatever you want.

But laws cannot be crossed, no matter how biased is the situation.
    Plus, there is no hate speech or discrimination here. Only general complaints.
    If you read carefully the upper forum, people agree with OP.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@mitko1197 many people may have had the same or similar complaint, but how someone phrases can affect how it is recieved.
    How the OP made several of of their arguments did violate the terms and conditions/code of conduct of this forum, although they weren't the only one and certainly weren't the worst. It may that that were banned completely for a differently thread.
    Also freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. If you use offensive language anywhere, there's going to be a reaction and consequence. This is games thread to talk about a video game. Talking snout political themes, messages, or insulting someone based off their political beliefs is incorrect. Also, basing many critisms of the game on sexist rhetorics is not acceptable. I'm all for having a debate on the history and how it fits into a game, but some people argument as 'women can't fight' is not okay. There were definitely discriminatory posts on here that were removed

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@max18400
    I am following this thread for a long time now.

The OP hasn't said anything offensive towards any group of people.
    "The women cant fight" wasn't his comment.
    Please state how did he violate here the terms of the forum?

• Max18400
    405 posts

@mitko1197 same too. I've been here since the beginning. And usually their comments game from defending themselves again someone else's comment. As I said, they may have been banned based off another post on another thread. I wouldn't assume that it was from this thread. If they're banned from the whole forum, it could have been any other post.
    The OP didn't say that, but others on this thread have said that and worse on this thread and similar threads.

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@max18400
    You can track user's activity and what they post.
    I haven't seen anything bad in their posts.
    If we can agree upon this thread, that the OP didn't say anything offensive to anyone or anything sexist and abusive along with the fact that I haven't seen anything bad from them, then why are they banned? 😂

Feel free to check him as well, if you want 😂

• Max18400
    405 posts

@mitko1197 ubisoft can remove and delete a user's post. They've done it in this thread and a few others.
    But you're right, I don't remember the OP posting anything particularly bad (others have posted worse), but just remember a lot of posts have been removed.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@max18400 In addition, Ubisoft has also removed specific remarks in several posts in this thread (indicated by the tag [removed]).

• Mitko1197
    10 posts

@hroozenbeek don't know if this is really relevant.

Mods and AI are removing the synonym to the word "gender" " s e x"

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@mitko1197 I always assumed that those instances were tagged with [censored] and that [removed] was used when an offensive or otherwise not acceptable remark had been deleted, but you may very well be right.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@mitko1197 They’ve never been synonyms as far as I’m concerned (and I’m nearly fifty-years-old, so this isn’t some modern thing). The “s-word” has always been a verb (an “action” word) as far as I’m concerned.

• Alphonse929
    7 posts

Is the wrong pronoun thing for male Eivor even fixed for this new patch? Cause I can't seem to see it in the patch notes. Maybe I'm blind.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@dreadgrrl You're free to use the word as you see fit, but the dictionaries don't agree with you. They include both the 'active' and the 'passive' meanings.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@alphonse929 It's not just male Eivor. Female Eivor gets called "he" multiple times throughout the game - at least she did in my run through.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Fimbulthulur
    Original poster 64 posts

So much time and opinions have gone through here.
    And still no official response from Ubisoft team.
    Shame, really.

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts

"And also this is a [censored] viking game. A viking, historically and 99.9% of the time, is a male. A brute male." Well would love to see the source on that. From all sources no one know for sure how many women were warriors. Some say up to 50% and some say none. Yet from lore and encounters with Vikings around Europe its safe bet that the real number would be most if not all Viking women were also trained warriors. Do to the age and the way the Vikings lived, its easy to conclude women would also need to know how to fight. Also it seems that through history there have been more Females then men. So given that Clans would need Warriors its a very safe bet that they trained there women in the ways of war.

• Fimbulthulur
    Original poster 64 posts

@lordraven4430 read sagas. There is plenty of info there. Shield-maidens were rare.

Returning to my point. I have nothing against it
    I dont like the promotion of the game. It was misleading.
    And come on... Odin as female... Thats bollocks.
    Would've seen Thor as some smoking brunette or if to be accurate with the norse mythology - as a smoking hot ginger😂😂😂😂

• Fimbulthulur
    Original poster 64 posts

@gloomseeker white supremacist fantasy? The heck are you talking about?
    Norse people and/or the people living in the northern part of the world are dominantly white with light colored hair with some variations.

It has nothing to do with games, politics or beliefs. It is what it is.
    This is an ethnic group. you cannot write it under white supremacists ideology or definitions...

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics