Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Big_Stallion
    1 posts

The quest prompts me to follow Hunwald (I chose him to be leader) however we get to the camp near Anecastre and nothing. He just stops on the road and does not move. I have tried the following:

• Re-loading an old save
    • Making a new save
    • Verifying game files
    • Re-installing.

Eventually I got frustrated so just progressed with the story hoping that I would not need Lincolnscire as an ally. Turns out this is now stopping me from progressing in the game completely and I cannot even complete the story because of it. Please tell me somebody knows a fix other then loading a save from 20+ hours ago. Otherwise I am gonna be waiting god knows how long for Ubisoft to fix a GAME BREAKING bug.

• Burning_Chaos
    1 posts

So I had this problem when I chose Hunwald where he wouldn’t go into the camp. I just sat there and kept dodging right in front of him to make him backup till I backed him all the way through the camp until he was next to the Captain and it trigger the quest to continue. It’s an annoying process but if it works it works.

• myystic
    2 posts

@jp08_pires I'm having the same issue on PS4 as well. I have tried loading an earlier save, tried fast travelling and coming back, tried reloading the game, and even tried re-installing the game nothing works.

• myystic
    2 posts

I do not see this on the reported issues mega thread, so I figured I would post this, even though I see others may have as well.
    I am playing the PS4 version of AC Valhalla. I chose Hunwald as the leader of Ancaster, and when you get this quest you are told to follow Hunwald. I follow him to a camp and he walks up to a table with a map on it with a few soldiers that are around it. The quest objective still says to follow him. The quest will not progress no matter what I do. I tried leaving the area and coming back, I tried closing the game and restarting, I tried reloading an older save, I tried fast travelling and coming back, I even re-installed the game, but nothing is working.
    I cannot progress any further in the main storyline becuase of this. I am essentially stuck in the game. Is this being looked into for a future patch? I have spent 60 hours on the game so far, and I would hate to have to abandon it at this point as I do love it. I also do not want to start over and lose all my progress, especially if this could happen again on another play through.

• chrisi124
    1 posts

I've stuck with this bug also.

• Alake314
    12 posts

I have same problem. Also chose Hunwald. He doesn't move. I am 90 hours in the game, I am not going to start everything over again, because all my saves are corrupted. I have tried:

• Fast traveling to another place and back (Hunwald is alone this time, still does not move)
    • Completing another pledge missions in another territory (Wincester).
    • Talking to Randvi after that to choose again the pledge (Lincolnscire)
    • After traveling there again, Hunwald is in the same place, still unresponsive.
    • I went to the fortress, pass the soldiers and found the bishop I am supossed to kill. Also unresponsive. I even tried to leave a body under him to burn them together. The dude is inmortal until the quest follows the activation chain.

I want my money back. They have sold us a half-cooked product. There has been no tester work at all. We are the testers. We are not being paid and we have paid more than other people, who are going to buy the game next year all parched up without bugs. This feels like a scam.

• LeAfroChicken
    1 posts

I've deleted and redownloaded the game. When I get prompted to follow Hunswald during this quest, he gets all the way to the table, then nothing happens. The characters talk as if there's supposed to be a cutscene playing, but nothing happens after a few good minutes. The first time I approached, a "must be anonymous" prompt came up. But the prompt bugged out after a few seconds. I've been unable to move past this point or even see this prompt again. When I restart the game, Hunswald just walks in a circle around the camp before heading back to the table. Is there a fix? Is this solely a PS4 bug?

• MONST3RK1LLA
    1 posts
    I do not see this on the reported issues mega thread, so I figured I would post this, even though I see others may have as well.
    I am playing the PS4 version of AC Valhalla. I chose Hunwald as the leader of Ancaster, and when you get this quest you are told to follow Hunwald. I follow him to a camp and he walks up to a table with a map on it with a few soldiers that are around it. The quest objective still says to follow him. The quest will not progress no matter what I do. I tried leaving the area and coming back, I tried closing the game and restarting, I tried reloading an older save, I tried fast travelling and coming back, I even re-installed the game, but nothing is working.
    I cannot progress any further in the main storyline becuase of this. I am essentially stuck in the game. Is this being looked into for a future patch? I have spent 60 hours on the game so far, and I would hate to have to abandon it at this point as I do love it. I also do not want to start over and lose all my progress, especially if this could happen again on another play through.

Having this same issue, any luck/progress?

• Alake314
    12 posts

This worked for me. He was at first on a horse with more people, not moving. When I tried fast-traveling, he was on foot, alone in the middle of a path. You "just" have to spend a lot of time pushing him all the way to the wodden platforn at the camp in front ofv Anecastre fortress.

• Poizen2yourbloo
    3 posts

Hello I’m in the Lincolnscire region doing the “A Sword-Shower in Anecastre” quest. Hunwald the character I am suppose to follow is bugged out and doesn’t want to move at all, he is glitched right outside of the Wynmere Lake Camp. I have tried to pledge to another region or do another quest hoping that the glitch would patch itself but every time I return Hunwald is in the same spot. This also stops me from killing “The Crozier” which I need to be able move on with order targets. I really don’t know what to do here any help is appreciated. ( I just wanna Continue the main story quest). Please and thank you.

• Khentira
    1 posts

The same goes for me. I restarted the entire mission from the beginning. no help..

• DutchMastery
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DutchMastery
    2 posts

I am stuck in this quest. Hunwald is at the siege table but ist doing anything. Now i am stuck plzzzz help

• IGOR2098
    3 posts

My mission is buged it is saying I have to follow Hunwald but when I am near him his just standing there and not moving and because of that I can't go further in the story. Please fix this because that is my last region to conquer.

• KDRHotPotato
    2 posts

This quest is located in the Lincolnscire arc and probably closer to the end of it. The quests objective is to “Follow Hunwald.” After doing so for some time we are about to enter a camp to where he stops moving completely. He hasn’t moved and am unable to progress with this arc. A bug fix would be appreciated.

• joepbeer
    2 posts

I’m stuck in the mission: a sword shower in anecastre, it says: follow hunwald but hunwald wont do anything an nothing helps, please fix this

• Poizen2yourbloo
    3 posts

Yo Ubisoft can you guys give me any advice or like is my game gonna be glitched for the rest of time. I’m in end game and this bug is stopping me from completing the game. Thanks

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report these issues with following Hunwald in "A Sword-Shower in Anecastre". I've created this thread to host these reports separately to those concerning Aelfgar, in order to keep all relevant information together.

Title update 1.1.0 releases today (patch notes can be found here) and is set to have a fix for the issue with Aelfgar, whereby he cannot be followed. I am unsure whether this update will also mean that Hunwald will work again, as the original report we passed forward was with following NPCs generally in this mission, so I'd like to ask your help if it does persist after you have updated the game. If you could provide images or a short video clip showing that Hunwald is still stuck when you are running version 1.1.0, that would be a great help. It would also be helpful to know whether jackslot1's previously posted workaround helps you to progress as well.

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback in the meantime. Your understanding and patience is much appreciated. 🙂

Official Response
  • xXxWallBangzxXx
    1 posts

@alake314 same. I contacted them and they didn’t respond for 2 weeks then say oh check the forum. Useless. What about people who have bought crafting materials etc. Rip off won’t be preordering again il wait for the sales

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

@xxxwallbangzxxx Hey there - you're the only person to have replied since the 1.1.0 update, so just wanting to ask if you're still experiencing this issue with Hunwald since the patch? Or did the patch resolve this issue for you? I would be grateful if you could let me know! Regarding the forums, this is where the latest information on issues will be posted, so please do keep checking back here on a relevant megathread if experiencing an issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics