Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AceWestfall08
    Original poster 12 posts

I went for Glory deciding to pick a fight against a zealot early into the game. It was such a epic fight from my perspective, definitely worth the watch for entertainment value! I'm a low power level playing on my 2nd playthrough, this time on the hardest difficulty (Drengr). I'm up against a Zealot who is clearly stronger and suited up in full plated armor wielding a massive Greatsword along with a Towering Shield to boot. This opponent is no joke and means business.

Me...? I have daggers as my weapon and speed as my ally The strategy is to get into a flow, a dance so to speak. Keeping the balance of Aggression and Caution. I'm under-leveled, and very squishy; low on health and defense. My opponent's power level outclasses mine (51 vs 90) and to spice things up, the combat difficulty is set to the most difficult (Drengr). Its a test of endurance and patience to chisel down my opponents strong defense and high health. The classic glass cannon vs tank matchup.

Going toe to toe will not cut it, my opponent can withstand my burst damage. I must rely on life-saving parries combined with perfectly time dodges to slice through my opponents wall, knowing that death can come at any given moment with a mistake. The inevitable slipups that are bound to happen testing my nerve and ability to recover; the alternative being a shameful death on a foolish fight.

Even while performing impressively, Your life is quite fragile. Both Victory and Defeat can come swiftly and at once; resulting in death or glory. Two opposite results. With every strike, dodge, and counter you develop a rhythm, and momentum eventually going into a trance. That is when the fight becomes less technical and more and more natural leading up to glorious finish or a sudden death.

Waiting for the moment to strike, the window of opportunity. Recognizing it, pouncing on it, and seizing the advantage. Confidently going in for the final strikes and expecting the takedown, only to stare down Death in the eyes as your trophy starts to slip from your grasp threatening to leave everything gone, in vain. Running to fight another day is an option, but when Death comes to claim a true Warrior, he grins, stands tall, and defiantly beckons Death closer...

These moments give a tale what is needed to be deemed worthy enough to be told. Did I achieve Glory, or did Death claim me as his trophy instead? Watch all the way through to see the highly climatic ending! Skald!!!

Redwalda (Drengr) - PL 51 vs 90

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

Awesome fight bud, that was a great job!!!

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

No,zelot are not a good fight , are worst fight in a game with boss for design.

Animation are very bugged, hitbox anticipate their moves ( they do damage but weapon didn't touch you) some animation are not complete ( they are at ground and without a complete animation stand up and bash you), tracking are atrocious and can follow you Durin an Attack.

I play at dreng difficulty BUT without use ability or rallenty After Dodge( Is a cheat for me, top Easy in this way) and have a real good fight Is not possibile, in this way you can see how much are bad .

I love boss fight BUT zelot are [censored] without ability, and ability are like a cheat for me because do all the damage and you Just Watch.

A good fight Is a fight where you can kill a boss onli with Attack, Dodge ( no rallenty) parry.

Have to abuse with ability or "skill" Is a bad game design😆

• AceWestfall08
    Original poster 12 posts

@xx-artorias-xx I would have to disagree with your opinion sir. Yes you can spam abuse abilities, but that is a aspect with any RPG that uses abilities. The fight, game, and immersion experience is what you make it. The goal of this fight and future fights I plan to clip is to show a playing style and a goal to achieve a rewarding experience unique to the player. It is a challenge so to speak. A challenge to fight these tough opponents, and not only win. But to win in style. To beat your opponent smoothly. Not by overkill, or by mechanic abuse. But by something that looks cinematic. That is what I plan to do and I am trying to accomplish.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts
    @xx-artorias-xx I would have to disagree with your opinion sir. Yes you can spam abuse abilities, but that is a aspect with any RPG that uses abilities. The fight, game, and immersion experience is what you make it. The goal of this fight and future fights I plan to clip is to show a playing style and a goal to achieve a rewarding experience unique to the player. It is a challenge so to speak. A challenge to fight these tough opponents, and not only win. But to win in style. To beat your opponent smoothly. Not by overkill, or by mechanic abuse. But by something that looks cinematic. That is what I plan to do and I am trying to accomplish.

I think that a good combact should be implemented around player ability and not around magic skill, automatic moves with auto aim:)

I hate All that Is "automatic" 😂😂😂

Zelot has broken animation and hitbox , broken tracking, and bad mechanics
    With ability become "cinematic" but not good in their core.

And i am sad, i love boss combat in all game 😁

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics