Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@xrayspex_73 well am not sure. Is addressed for June but at the same time they say they kind of manage a temporary fix or something. Sorry my memory is terrible.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3529 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@garbo3 Indeed that's what that post said. My guess is they are going to allow the concerned big fish to be awarded through other means temporarily so that we can complete the fishing challenges get the Swordfish sword, as they re-write the coding.

I do not mind the wait - I think for now I will go back to grind some mastery ability points in AC Odyssey, and wait for Resident Evil Village.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@imaginaryruins

The post from Ubisoft also suggests some bigger changes to the animal system as a whole in the update in June. Maybe there will be some new features or some new behaviors. When we look at their 5 new 5 weeks rule the update will likely release on the 1st of June. Strangely they seperated the update and the mastery challenges in their roadmap. I would think that the game mode will also be in this patch because 5 weeks from this date we will be in summer in already have the next event.

I think the patch next week will implement those fish types at handpicked location so we can at least grind them there. Hopefully we will find those locations fast and also be able to hunt big fish with arrows again. The traditional way of catching fish is just too time consuming when you search for just two specific types in the whole world.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@braudrist looooool you are great hahaha

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 ahhhhhh I suck with the bow. I am using it now to try to improve as probably this master they talk about will make you use the bow for challenges
    I always fish the normal way and yes,is time consuming.

• Vilemos
    58 posts

@garbo3
    Well, I recieved achievment "Good catch" for fishing with bow....I think I used fihsing line on maybe 4-6 species. Not complaining tho, saved me a lot of time.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@vilemos then you must be good!! 😉

• Vilemos
    58 posts

@garbo3 Weird thing is, that you should recieve the achievment for catching the fish with fishing line. Gotta admit, this was one of the better bugs I've had so far.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@vilemos True. But a NPC suggests you can always use the bow to fish . They just wanted to stop people fishing with Odins spear but thats been patched anyway.
    So maybe bow counts as a legitimate way of fishing . I don't remember who told me to use the bow. Maybe the annoying kid from the fishing hut at the settlement . God I used to mute the sound when checking the delivery list. Never shut up that child lol
    I remember it said there's faster ways to fish like the bow.

• AccountDelete83
    6 posts

I uninstalled the game and will not buy Ubisoft titles again if they don't change the way they work. I spent 120 euros for a broken game.

The goal for Ubisoft is profit and they have no respect for their customers.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@accountdelete83 have you asked for a full refund out of interest? be interested how they would respond

• Garbo3
    778 posts

Seems update coming Tuesday 27th instead of Thursday. Saw in Jorraptor video. Got a few SPOILERS about DLC CONTENT so don't watch it if you don't want to know.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I apologise for my delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences, feedback and suggestions. Following the release of the Dev Blog, I would like to share the great news that the development team plan to implement a partial fix in Title Update 1.2.1:

Missing fish: As we’ve shared, we found a potential fix at the beginning of April to populate the missing fish across England. As this solution has a direct impact on existing fauna and mechanics, we moved the full fix into June to further test and refine. However, there’ll be a partial solution with Title Update 1.2.1 (April).

We hope that you'll be able to find the missing big fish soon! More information about this fix will be shared in the patch notes, so please keep an eye out in the News & Announcements forum for these in the next week. Additionally, the development team are planning to fix this issue fully by June.
    Once we have more information about the permanent fix, we will share this within the forums.

@ImaginaryRuins - I wouldn't be able to speculate on what's caused the fish to go missing, as I'm not a member of the development team. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the Dev Blog linked above. Rest assured that we have passed on all the feedback that has been shared here to the dedicated team.

@lemmie88 - I'm aware of fish folding and flying away, but I'm not familiar with the fish bouncing around like they are in your video! Does this only ever happen when you fish using your bow? Have you noticed if it happens in specific areas (such as just rivers) or if it happens every where you fish?

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered other issues in-game as well, such as never receiving Tewdwr's letter. I actually experienced this in my own playthrough as well. If you can start a new thread, we can certainly take a closer look at this. If you've already opened up a thread about this and are waiting on an agent response, please feel free to tag me in it and I'll take a look as soon as I'm able to 😊

Regarding older threads, the team has been working on responding to all open threads. Those with a resolution have been updated with this information. Different members of the team are working on different threads each week, so you may see some of us working on older threads. This is nothing to worry about 🙂

@zpals - I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble catching big halibut. The development team are aware of an issue where fish will float out of the water and they've been investigating this further. They hope to resolve this in a future update, so please keep an eye out for more information in our News & Announcements forum.

@Garbo3 - Please check out this megathread for more updates and information about "Pig of Prophecy."

@isuwhat - You can check out the patch notes that are released prior to an update to find out what fixes are being released in that specific update. We've passed on your feedback about more advance notice in future. Please note that the support team are unable to provide ETAs for updates until this information is made available for us to share. We would be unable to speculate on update release dates prior to this information being confirmed. As soon as we know when an update is due for release, we try to let our players know as soon as we're able to.

@SpirantCrayon22 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you have concerns about the support team. We request videos from our players as these are helpful to the development team during investigation and reproduction, especially if it's a newly reported issue. Sometimes, the development team are unable to reproduce issues immediately themselves, so videos allow them to have a better understanding of what our players are experiencing.

It can take us longer to reply to a thread than we'd like, due to high contact volumes within the forums, so we apologise if anything is missed. If you feel we have missed an important post or report, please feel free to tag a member of the team or to reach out to us for an update. We'll try to contact you as soon as we're able to.

If you have any additional feedback that you would like us to pass forward, please let us know, as we'd like to see if there is anything further we can do 🙂

@sooupper - If you're still having trouble finding small sturgeon, I'd recommend checking out @Ubi-Woofer's video:

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

I apologise for the double post! As the patch notes for TU 1.2.1 have been released, I would like to provide you all with an update regarding the elusive big flatfish and mackerel!

This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. As part of the update, you should now be able to find big flatfish and mackerel in specific locations! You can learn more about these locations here.

I know that @Ubi-Woofer intends to produce videos on where to catch these fish once the update goes live. Once we have these videos, we'll share them with you all in this thread as well!

Hopefully we'll all be wielding our long awaited Swordfish by the end of tomorrow! ⚔ 🐟

If you are still unable to find big flatfish or mackerel in these specific locations once TU 1.2.1 goes live, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    778 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks to you. Great news!! 🙂

• KamikazeSG12
    38 posts

@ubi-borealis With the missing fish (Big Flatfish and Big Mackeral) populating in specific places, is the Swordfish achievement going to be reactivated with this update?

• SpirantCrayon22
    406 posts

@ubi-borealis

Good to see - how about the deactivated challenge? Is that coming back on 27th?

• AccountDelete83
    6 posts

I don't think you can request a refund after a long time and in any case for digital purchases it is always a problem to request refunds.

• NeOVoltron
    115 posts

@ubi-borealis Perfect! Thank you very much! This is exciting!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

A number of you have asked about the return of "Stinky but Deadly." At this moment in time, we don't yet know when this challenge is to be reintroduced to the game. Rest assured that its removal is only temporary, and the challenge will be reactivated in-game in the future. More updates regarding "Stinky but Deadly" will be shared in the forums as soon any new information about this challenge is made available.

Thanks 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics