Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • xrayspex_73
    137 posts

Thank you for addressing this Ubi.

I finally have the Swordfish...

Too bad the challenge wasn't put back in the game though.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Robertsonland
    4 posts

@isuwhat Same here...can't find the big Mackerel anywhere near where they pointed us.

• isuwhat
    183 posts

@xrayspex_73 where did you find the mackerel? there is a photo on my game but zero mackerel in that whole area, have meditated and re-spawned back in multiple times

• Furkan66386638
    9 posts

Could you please show me where to find the fish in a video?for big flatfish and mackerel

• SpirantCrayon22
    236 posts

@isuwhat

I got 2, forgot about needing another 3. I have had trouble in Norway, not been at it all afternoon but I'm still looking. There's a user picture on the map (user Sasake IV) holding what is, presumably, a big mackerel. At the moment I've picked up a regular hake and two large arctic char and now the fish have vanished.

• Khaos004
    27 posts

@robertsonland Because once you finish Cold Storage and Happy Anniversary, there is a final delivery quest that requires salmon, shad, eels, and flatfish.

• SpirantCrayon22
    236 posts

One big mackerel down, one to go! At the location indicated in Hordafylke.

• Robertsonland
    4 posts

@khaos004 Ahh ok...of course I can't get to that since I can't get the second flat fish or the 2 big Mackerel. Thanks.

• Nosam_divad
    3 posts

@isuwhat @Robertsonland Thanks for your quick replies. I got three to spawn at once, South of the blockade, right in the centre of the mouth of the river (just East of the little ruin that is south of the Blockade.undefined

• isuwhat
    183 posts

@spirantcrayon22 yeah same, had to meditate about 8 times just to get 1 to spawn. Its right by the middle of the dot on the photo Ubi posted

• SpirantCrayon22
    236 posts

@khaos004 @Ubi-Borealis

Actually, yes, maybe worth waiting. Ubisoft people, please would you comment on this. Is giving the guy the fish and getting the final thingy going to be a problem for the challenge when it reactivates? I see that it is not yet reactivated.

• luigispcrew
    53 posts

Finally I have the swordfish and completed the challenge. I hope ubi bring back the challenge they've removed in the next update

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts

Hello all!

I'm glad to hear that several of you have been successful in catching the elusive big flatfish and mackerel! I know that @Ubi-Woofer has been working on creating some videos to help those who are having trouble finding these fish still. I can confirm that they should be available to catch in-game - they may just be a bit shy 🎣

@Nosam_divad - Thanks for sharing the image of where you were able to find the big flatfish! Hopefully this will help other players who may be having trouble finding them.

@SpirantCrayon22 - I've reached out to the development team to see if we can get any updates regarding the reintroduction of "Stinky but Deadly." We haven't been told that there will be any problems with retroactively unlocking the challenge, though please note that progressing in the game is at your own discretion. As soon as we get any new updates, we will be sure to let you all know within the thread as soon as we're able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Khaos004
    27 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for this. I'm going to wait until it's reactivated, just to err on the side of caution.

• SpirantCrayon22
    236 posts

Two big mackerel done, back to Hampshire!

@luigispcrew I think the challenges are on the servers so, as with the removal, it's not going to be related to a game update.

• SpirantCrayon22
    236 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@isuwhat

I found the big mackerel basically where they told me it was. I just swam around till I found 1 and shot it with the bow...

Now finding another was tricky. I found it was better to fast travel somewhere else on the map, save it, reload the save and travel back to the location. The 1 big mackerel respawned everytime. I just did that 3 times and got them all.

• A_B_Y_S_S_1
    2 posts

Big Flatfish Location in Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Big Mackerel Location in Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• FoxHoundUbi
    2 posts

@khaos004 If I read correctly, you seem to have found the big eels ? Aren't those bugged aswell, or am I indeed missing something ? Couldn't find any trace of them, be it in game or on the internet 😞

• Khaos004
    27 posts

@foxhoundubi Regular eels.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics