Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • AwakentheDead
    19 posts

I appreciate being able to sort of catch some of the fish that were missing before BUT why do I still have this bug where the fish will pull the line under the boat and then becomes impossible to catch AND why is the animation of Eivor holding a caught fish so janky?

PS5 NA Bug: Fish drags line under the boat and then becomes impossible to catch. In this particular case, medium/small Sturgeon found south of Hamtun Blockade. North of Isle of Wiht.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@Garbo3 - Awesome! Very glad to hear it. Thank you for helping others out with advice and tips as well - it's great to see! 🙂

@dorinash1 - I've asked the developers about whether there is meant to be a big Eel in-game, and will update this thread if I receive any news on this subject. As I mentioned before, if it isn't a fish that ever was meant to exist in the first place, I cannot promise it will be implemented in-game, but I'll do my best to get some more information about it! Thanks for offering others advice on where / how to fish as well, it's much appreciated! 🙂

@Ibuprofen1200mg - I find shooting the fish while moving much harder than using the fishing line! So long as you approach slowly on a small boat or walking along the coast, you should be fine. As for your save game progress, I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you been able to reload a previous autosave / manual save and continue?

@isuwhat - Glad to hear it! Thanks for your patience and understanding while the developers implemented this partial fix. Enjoy the rest of Assassin's Creed Valhalla!

@Yesin069 - The fishing tasks etc. are entirely optional; there's no need to complete them if you don't want to! The trophy/achievement for catching fish only requires that you catch one of each type, as well, and I found that this was easily done by fishing in each region for a while as I went around the map. I fully appreciate however that the experience for fishing wasn't ideal or how we wanted it to be in this scenario, so I'm happy to pass forward your feedback to the developers! Thanks for taking the time to share it.

@FoxHoundUbi - Glad you figured it out! Let us know if you need any additional help!

@marveen95 - Thanks for sharing your videos as well! @A_B_Y_S_S_1 and myself also shared our videos previously, so between us all, I think we've got the locations covered, haha!

@SpirantCrayon22 - We're responding to threads as soon as possible in all cases; I apologise if a thread of yours has been missed until now. I'll take a look for it now, and see if we have any information to share at the moment.

@KamikazeSG12 - I'm not sure about exact respawn intervals, but for the video I made (I'll share it below again) it took me around 1-2 hours to find all of the fish. I caught two big Flatfish at once, which I showed in the video, so I believe there's multiple spawn points for each fish at each location, but perhaps not constantly, as the first time I went to the big Flatfish location I couldn't find any. If there's anything left that you need - keep trying, and I'm sure you'll find them! Regarding the buy/sell quantity fix - glad you're happy with that, as well!

@Valhalla2015 - He had been waiting to tell you that for a long time! He'd never even seen this fish close up! You've been a real fighter in getting all of these fish caught, so well done! 😆

@AwakentheDead - Do you have a video of this behaviour that you could share? I previously experienced this issue myself, but having done a lot of fishing yesterday following the update, I noticed that if I pulled the fish from below the boat (if that's where it happened to swim) then Eivor would catch it. In one instance, she even caught it through the boat... 👀 I'll need a video to be able to reopen the investigation into that! Thank you.

Official Response
  • spinkyboi31
    1 posts

Big Mackerel guys!! Found 2 at last in Hordanfylke on box one version. My username is Spinkyboi31 and I've put a picture up showing all in the game. It's exactly where they said they would be after the latest patch. Goodluck all catching them. P.s took ages still.

• KopfSmertZz
    25 posts

"Even grandpa could not catch that one". But we did kid, we did!

• Garbo3
    633 posts

@awakenthedead This happened to me once yesterday..I realised you need to stand at the very end of the boat . Then no problem. If you stand in middle of boat this may happen.

• KopfSmertZz
    25 posts

@kamikazesg12 : You can cycle backwards to go to the max in 1 click 😉

@yesin069 : Exactly this; finding out a new delivery was needed to get the swordfish, OMG make it stop!

• KopfSmertZz
    25 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Garbo3
    633 posts

Well. After one hour trying no luck with big mackerel. Guess I will wait til June. Weather is always rough there's barely fishes in that spot. Fast travelled several times,meditated...nothing. I am at the same spot at @Ubi-Woofer video. May try again tomorrow but weather doesn't help.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@kopfsmertzz

When I saw the last challenges i immediately turned off the game. It is just so boring searching for specific fish.

• isuwhat
    183 posts

@garbo3 i had to travel back to England and then back to Norway for them to spawn, fast travel within Norway didn't seem to help. Also time of day seemed to be affected, took a lot of meditation to get to day time, im sure it was lighter when i caught the 2nd Mackerel. 2nd one for me took a lot of travelling and trying again and again. Good luck

• Garbo3
    633 posts

@isuwhat Thank you. Will try again tomorrow. I have bad luck with the weather since Ostara Festival . Is always raining or stormy. Fishes vanish. 😊 Many thanks

• ThatEmmaCotton
    6 posts

Well I’m happy to report that I got all the fish for the missing fish delivery & for the final delivery.

I would now like the ability to set that fishing kid on fire. Irritating little wifflesniff. Hope he sharts himself in public.

Took me around 2 hours to get them all & used the places mentioned. I did find more big flat fish further away from land just before the water turns into sea. If that makes sense. Used a boat & just slowly went one side to the other. The mackerel I found only respawned after I made Eivor nearly die swimming across to different rocks. Maybe she’s as sick of fish as I am.

Thank you for fixing it. I still maintain it shouldn’t have taken over 5 months. And the development team need a better way of communicating. I realise you can only tell us what they tell you but “we’re looking into it” isn’t really helpful after a few weeks. Explaining why it wouldn’t be an easy fix, or whatever the problem was, would of been better. We couldn’t managed our expectations & you wouldn’t have received so many salty messages.

Still unsure if I’ll bother with the DLC. And I’ll never preorder another AC game in the future that’s for sure.

In my humble opinion Odyssey is much much better.

• ImaginaryRuins
    380 posts

Here to confirm that both Big Flatfish & Big Mackerel are finally available, and I got the Swordfish greatsword at last.

Now, I am officially done with the fishing hut challenges. I would like to thank the dev. team & all Ubisoft support staff for patch 1.2.1

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts

@ubi-borealis what if it's not fixed?
    I am missing large flatfish and large mackerel. I've gone to the locations indicated in the post about resolving this issue in 1.2.1.1
    The location in hordafylke west of alrekstad gas no fish. I spent 30 minutes running around the coasts of all of the individual islands in that area. I tried standing in the spot that they have circled on that post, and meditating and waiting and meditating and waiting for another 30 minutes. The only fish I saw in two hours at all were two regular sized redfish.
    I also went to the river in hamtunscire, from the bridge south west of winchester, south along the afton river until around 50m past hamtun blockade. No flat fish at all for over 45 mins of pacing that river and meditating. That area has a lot of different fish. I just didn't see any flat fish or sturgeon of any size. I definitely caught gray trout, and pollock while waiting for flatfish. But I did not see any sturgeon while I was there.
    I tried both areas from the shore as well as in a boat.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I just want to have the swordfish great sword. Common guys.

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Valhalla2015
    73 posts

@doomcakes1198 I had to fast travel to England, then fast travel back to Norway to finish it up. I’m not sure if this’ll work for you, but I hope it does. Good luck!

• SpirantCrayon22
    247 posts

@ThatEmmaCotton "I would now like the ability to set that fishing kid on fire. Irritating little wifflesniff."

Well, there's the exploding arrow ability, maybe do that right next to him? There's also the bomb by the stable, you could throw that at him.

• ThatEmmaCotton
    6 posts
    @ThatEmmaCotton "I would now like the ability to set that fishing kid on fire. Irritating little wifflesniff."

Well, there's the exploding arrow ability, maybe do that right next to him? There's also the bomb by the stable, you could throw that at him.

if I ever play again I will most certainly try those! Thanks!

• Omnimon
    12 posts

Thanks for the latest update. I was finally able to catch those elusive fish.

Now only remains Origin-lke revenge/avenge system. I could only avenge two players and not being able to complete this challenge gives me a headache.

• AccountDelete83
    6 posts

I have completed all the challenges.

It was exhausting !!! ....

Now take out the DLC and do no more damage the game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics