Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Epoch_King
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DragonMasterM37
    1 posts

Once the patch was out I had huge problem finding the Big Mac and the Big Flatfish.

I had to restart both the game and my xbox X, then the Big Mac started to appear, however he spawned between the island and the shore for me, and would get spoked very easily and dart in all different directions, recommend that you just shoot any big fish in the area.

As for the big flat fish, I don't know it's my TV resolution, but from even a medium distance the big flat fish looked about the same size as the regular flatfish. My only clue that it was the big flatfish was that it was alone and not with buddy as most regular fish are.

After this last patch, I noticed that small fish are in schools of 3 to 6, regular fish are in pairs but can be easily separated if spoked, and large fish are always solo, probably cause they ate their buddy to get so large. Also noticed that for some but not all regular fish, if you have that skill where your raven gets the loot from ranged kills, they will also pick up the fish but not consistently.

If you are having issue with Big Mac or Flatfish spawning, I would recommend quiting the game, then rebooting console or PC. Happy hunting.

I just hope were done collecting fish in this series...

• KopfSmertZz
    61 posts

When you cannot find your (big) fish, do not wait for them. Just call your longship and park it nearby the fishing spot. Then meditate a few times, because some fish only spawn at a certain time of day (sunset, or dawn). To trigger the spawn just fast travel to another region (not a dock) and fast travel back to your longship. Your big fish will probably be around, if not; rinse and repeat.
    I used the same method for farming black bear fur. There is only one spot to get these. Parked my longship in the nearby river and fast travelled back and forth, had those furs in no time.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kopfsmertzz Exactly. Big Mackerel only spawn at dawn.

• acedink
    15 posts
    @kopfsmertzz Exactly. Big Mackerel only spawn at dawn.

Can you be on the island before dawn and have them spawn while on the island?

• Valhalla2015
    75 posts

@acedink yes. I’ve done that a couple times

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1110 posts

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update before I reply to everyone individually - it has been confirmed to us that there are no big Eel in-game by design. There are only small and regular Eel. @dorinash1, I know that you were asking about this, and a couple of others throughout the history of the thread as well. If you have any additional feedback you'd like to share on this, I'm happy to pass it forward for the developers' consideration.

@Garbo3 - Anytime! Very glad to see you managed to capture the elusive big Mackerel! Best of luck with your future adventures, and please do let me know if there is any additional assistance that I can offer at any time with regard to this fish-ue. 🐟 🎣

@AlexAetM - Just to confirm, have you handed in all other deliveries, and now just need to be asked about the final delivery in order to acquire the swordfish? As there is one last delivery you will need to complete, yes. Can you please provide a video showing that Arth does not initiate the dialogue for the final delivery, if it continues after doing the following: reloading your save game; restarting the game and your console / PC; completing our basic troubleshooting for your platform (PC / PS4 / PS5 / XB1 / XBSX|S).

@CitizenNowhere - Very glad to hear you finally caught those pesky fish! Let us know if you need additional assistance in the future!

@DragonMasterM37 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of catching the missing fish - your descriptions and advice will likely help others still in the process! Regarding the big Flatfish, at least for me (using a 55" LG OLED TV) they appeared larger than the other sizes of the same fish. They can also usually be told apart due to their tendency to jump out of the water, as with all big fish.

@KopfSmertZz & @Valhalla2015 - Thanks for sharing your tips! 🙂

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    778 posts

@valhalla2015 yes. I was there at night. Started collecting ore and doing silly stuff
    . As soon set starting to arouse Mackerel splashing noise et voila! There it was. Just wait around don't take long. I thing 24h ingame is around 40 minutes.
    This I know because waiting for dawn in Norway too to break certain stone to get certain stuff. I decided to let the game going while I was eating something after many times of meditating trying to get the right time decided to wait for dawn . God...
    But yeah
    The answer as fellow mate said is yes

• dorinash1
    65 posts

@ubi-woofer oh really? And those on the table at the fishing hut what are exactly? Snakes???😂😂😂undefined

Incredible!🤢

@ubi-woofer watch the back side at the hut, there is more.

• dorinash1
    65 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@dorinash1 - Those indeed appear to be Eel, however, as I mentioned big Eel are not a species in the game by design according to the developers. If you would like me to submit your feedback to add the big Eel, I am happy to do so. As a final comment, I've merged your two posts to try and prevent bumping. Thanks!

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubi-woofer While I am done with the fishing activity in this game, yes please I would appreciate it if you could ask the dev. team whether it will be possible to add big eels. The reason is that when every single other fish species has small, regular and big variations, it seems so bizarre that only eels do not have the big variation.

In fact, without your telling us, I would never have known that big eels simply do not exist in the game and might have spent hours meaninglessly trying to find them.

Since the model and animation of eels are already present, I trust that big eels would not be too complicated to introduce with current resources?

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@imaginaryruins

If you look at how long it took them to fix this issue (partly), i dont want them ever to add any fish or animal to this game. Just learn to never build challenges around mechanics like hunting or fishing which all will end up making a fun activity to a torture.

• dorinash1
    65 posts

@imaginaryruins 100% agree with you.

@ubi-woofer yes, we do want to have big eel in the game as well. To hunt him down and know we finally catched them all species and sizes. Thank you!
    There is a missing great armor rune as well(aegis I think). Only minor and regular variations.

• dorinash1
    65 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • luigispcrew
    73 posts

@imaginaryruins if the big eel isn't necessary to complete the challenge why do you want to complicate the life of the developers? They have barely fixed the flatfish and the mackerel thing

• Ubi-Woofer

@ImaginaryRuins and @dorinash1 - I have passed forward your requests for big Eel to be implemented as feedback for the developers to consider. As with any feedback, I cannot promise that any changes will be made to the game, but rest assured that your voices will be heard and the team will consider the request. For now, you can both rest assured that you have caught every fish that was intended to be in the game, and in every size that is available. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this!

Also @dorinash1, just as a tip for the future to avoid multiple posts / bumping - you can reply to the main thread but address individual replies by tagging users separately using the @ symbol, then their username. You can navigate across multiple pages in a thread (and even multiple threads, if needing to reference others still with your reply open) on the desktop website, so consider doing this in the future to prevent repeat posts! Thanks!

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@luigispcrew "Complicating the life of developers"? Really? Seriously?

There are TONS of other things like one-handed swords, new raids, new armors suggested by many many others, and they are not needed for in-game challenges or achievements/trophies hunting. You go tell that same phrase to ALL those players out there.

Besides, for your information, I was not the one who suggested adding big eels; look up, Ubi-Woofer said "If you would like me to submit your feedback to add the big Eel, I am happy to do so." (and that was not directed to me). I thought that was a great suggestion so I took his offer. When and why is that wrong?

And finally, the developers have the ultimate authority to make that decision; they can totally reject the feedback, and certainly need not immediately introduce big eels (if they choose to).

• AlexAetM
    10 posts

@ubi-woofer I am unable to submit a video because my link is being flagged as spam. Therefore, I attach an image with a link.

undefined

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey @AlexAetM, I don't think the link you were trying to use with the image has worked unfortunately, as even going in to edit your post, I couldn't see one.

My recommendation would be to upload your video to an alternative hosting website such as YouTube instead, and sharing the link here. A YouTube link also has the benefit of automatically embedding here on Discussions, so we can all watch the video right here within the thread. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics