Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    327 posts

@wilwalace99

Are you sure? The only place anyone has found them was specifically put in by Ubisoft a couple of months ago, only one place, a river north of the Isle of Wight. If you did really find one there then they might find that interesting, even at this point.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    553 posts

There is no mention of a rework for the animal spwawn mechanic in update 1.2.2...

Will this issue now be fully fixed and fishes spawn in more locations or did Ubisoft lie to us once more?

In the dev blog they said the June update should fully fix this issue and rework the whole animal swawn system. Such a huge rework should deserve a little mention at the top of the patch notes but there is nothing, which lets me think they have done nothing and the "fix" was to put some of the missing fishes in just one specific location...thats all...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • wilwalace99
    2 posts

@spirantcrayon22 morning....yes i am sure....i got 2 big flat fish ... had to get canoe to get out farther...only little ones caught close to shore....isle of wiht is the little dot in middle of big island u need to fisharound the big isle...good luck

• Khaos004
    28 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for this. Any idea when Stinky but Deadly will reappear on the challenges list?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Khaos004!

To my knowledge, it should have been made available with the deployment of TU 1.2.2. I've just checked my own challenges and can see it's still not present in the list, though. I've reached out to the development team to see if we can get more information about this, or whether there is a delay to the challenge being re-added. As soon as we have more information to share, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Khaos004
    28 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks! I haven't restarted the game or anything since the update (although I'd think that shouldn't matter for the Ubi website and app) and I'll check again tonight. Will be so excited to finally unlock it! Like @First_Prophet I'm waiting to turn the fish in until I see the challenge on the list.

• Khaos004
    28 posts

@ubi-borealis I see it there now, along with a challenge for Mastery Challenge! So excited!
    @First_Prophet

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @Khaos004! Looks like there must have been a small delay. I can see the challenge myself as well.

You might need to re-equip the Swordfish the unlock the core challenge on Ubisoft Connect. I had to go and kill a couple of enemies before the challenge popped up as completed. I can confirm that this challenge should retroactively unlock, though, as I acquired the Swordfish whilst the challenge was offline.

If anyone encounters any trouble when unlocking "Stinky But Deadly," please don't hesitate to reach out so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again!

I apologise for the double post. The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • First_Prophet
    28 posts

@khaos004 Hiya! Yeah, I saw that as soon as I applied the update! I was pretty stoked to finally be able to complete that challenge and wield that mighty swordfish!!! 🤘 😁 I'm glad to hear that it updated for you too, vikingr!!!

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm glad to hear that the challenge has unlocked for you, @First_Prophet! Thanks for updating us 😄

Official Response
  • SurexPOSEY
    22 posts

Big flat fish and big mackerel are still too much rare.
    I just spent literally the day, something like 7+ hours , and I found 3 big flat fish and only ONE big mackerel.

Definitely still bugged

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @SurexPOSEY!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble catching big flatfish and mackerel in-game. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Just to confirm, are you looking in the recommended spots suggested by the development team? @Ubi-Woofer created a video which shows the best places to find these elusive fish. If you haven't already checked it out, you can watch it here:

If you're still having trouble finding these fish in these locations, would you be able to send us a video which shows that you aren't able to find big flatfish/mackerel in the specified locations? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SurexPOSEY
    22 posts

@ubi-borealis Yeah That's where I found my first big mackerel.

I spent again 2 or 3 hours today searching in that spot and searching for another spot.
    I found another big mackerel here :

but only one again.

Edit : Ok I just restarted the game and found 2 big mackerel and 3 medium one quickly.
    I think this spot is better than the previous one.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @SurexPOSEY! I'm glad to hear that you had more success in another fishing spot. Thanks for sharing this location with us as well. It could be helpful to players who are also having some trouble looking for big mackerel 😊

Official Response
  • azullFR
    717 posts

@surexposey

Great Thanks for sharing this ! 👍 👍 👍

I will give it a try in some days 🙂 ( as I've noticed having the "teleportation bug" after fast travelling England/Norway/England )

• Ubi-Borealis

Let us know if you encounter any trouble with your fishing adventures, @azullFR! 🎣

And if you have any new updates to share regarding the teleportation issue you've been encountering, please don't hesitate to update your thread about the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CutThatCoconut
    2 posts

I've spent hours of my day trying to locate a big mackerel, I shouldn't have to spend HOURS trying to find an IMAGINARY FISH in a game ABOUT ASSASSINS. for the love of God, HELP.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics