Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Barney_1104
    21 posts

@Ubi-Woofer, TheeElf answered the exact same thing I was thinking about : leaving the boat where it is unless players call it themselves, that way the spawning issue doesn't happen.

• JCar4327
    658 posts

@ubi-woofer I have three videos that show this issue, but I cannot upload them because it says I do not have enough privileges to complete this action.

• JCar4327
    658 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    658 posts

@ubi-woofer I can do it this way though.

In this video you can see me fishing on the shore and towards the end the fish just disappear.

INTOLERABLE ME’s Xbox Clip (xbox-clips.com)

In this one I am on the dock waiting for fish to spawn. At around the 7:43 mark you can see the fish spawn in. Towards the end while I am reeling in a fish you can see the other fish disappearing.

And in this one at the beginning you can see the one big fish out in the water and it disappears before I can even pull out the fishing line. Toward the end of the video you can see the fish in the water and then they just disappear.

And just so you know, I use a legacy tag on Ubisoft. This is under my current, active GT.

• SpectreReflex
    2 posts

Would love to upload an image on here but I can't even do that as one image is too large of a file to be able to post.
    @ubi-woofer

• Littleweasel01
    62 posts

@boo-yah1907 i would be happy for it to work longer than 2 seconds, lol

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

You can find big flat fish on the coast east of Grimbsy,located in the linconlshire.

• Barney_1104
    21 posts

@outlander1982
    All I can find east of Grimsby are Halibut. Can you screenshot exact location so that we can check?

• JCar4327
    658 posts

@barney_1104 Yeah, those are definitely halibut.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@barney_1104 Oh my bad,your right,it's halibut,wrong flat fish.

I'm sure pretty sure I did found big flat fish in my first playthrough in the ocean on the south of kent,I will go look for it right now.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@outlander1982 Well I don't think the fish are a problem,but the freaking spawning is a big big problem,you can find fish everywhere in the salt water but the spawning is ridiculous,at my last attempts to find a big one,I had to wait almost a hour(55 minutes to be exact) for them to spawn back,an hour and they spawn for what a 30 seconds windows ? it's quite ridiculous.I may give it another later.

• Barney_1104
    21 posts

Definitely, there are plenty of small and regulars, but trust me, if you come by horse, there is no despawning and still there won't be any big ones

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@barney_1104 Wait you can go in the ocean with the horse ? I was sure he just drop you if the gap is to far in the water.

I may be mistaking the fish for another one too,it's been a while and did not do ''hardcore'' fishing and hunting like I am doing now.

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@outlander1982 There is an upgrade at the stable so he can swim. If you don't have the upgrade he will drop you. Plus there is an achievement/trophy for swimming a specific cumulative distance with your horse. So go get your seahorse on already!

• LottaTronIcs
    12 posts

@seba84_2005 Hi - I clicked your link but it says I don't have access, how can I read it? Thanks.

• LottaTronIcs
    12 posts

@lysvander thanks for your info, I am also down to just big flatfish/mackerel but had a hard time with regular cod too 🙂

• PirateKat10
    2 posts

I did not see these issues in the megathread or known issues list, sorry if it is already there and i missed it.

Big flatfish and big mackerel? I've been reading they are bugged and not even in the game. Are they coming?

Lost glory quest. Accidentally talked to Halfdan in Picheringa first before seeing Moira, now it is stuck.

Thank you!

• KeesMcQueen
    1 posts

Just want to add I also can't find any Large Mackerels or Large Flatfish.

• KOOKERZ2131
    1 posts

Good evening trying to complete the fishing challenges, but when I catch a fish from a fishing boat I cannot bring them in I have been trying for about 4-5 hours but it is a continuous issue. How are you suppose to catch all the fish, by fishing line is the challenge, for the achievement of you get them right next to you on a boat but can’t bring them on the boat?
    I play on the Xbox one.

• SpectreReflex
    2 posts

@kookerz2131 I have been having this issue as well. It took me catching nearly 40 regular Bream in order to get only 3. What I mean is, I hooked 40 but 37 of them had to be released as when I was finally able to get them to the point eivor would pick up the fish, it just keeps swimming under the boat back and forth. What I have noticed is basically the fish glitches out of the water the moment it gets hooked if the wave of water is at its peak. If the fish takes the bait when the wave is at its lowest height, it doesn't seem to happen. Also, I also have noticed that nearly everytime this glitch occurs, despite the fish being hooked and fighting you, the animation of where your line landed initially still remains as if the fishing line is has never moved.

If you are attempting to finish all the fishing hut scavenging objectives, until Ubisoft finally moves its rear, you will be unsuccessful. This is due to the inability of acquiring Big Mackerel, Big Flatfish, Small Sturgeon, and big Eel. These 4 fish simply are non existent in the game. You will see some people stating they got them but that is simply because the Modded it into the game which I believe goes against ubisoft's terms and could lead to a ban or wipe of your game.

Suggested Topics