Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • PirateKat10
    2 posts

I did not see these issues in the megathread or known issues list, sorry if it is already there and i missed it.

Big flatfish and big mackerel? I've been reading they are bugged and not even in the game. Are they coming?

Lost glory quest. Accidentally talked to Halfdan in Picheringa first before seeing Moira, now it is stuck.

Thank you!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2131 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • KeesMcQueen
    1 posts

Just want to add I also can't find any Large Mackerels or Large Flatfish.

• KOOKERZ2131
    1 posts

Good evening trying to complete the fishing challenges, but when I catch a fish from a fishing boat I cannot bring them in I have been trying for about 4-5 hours but it is a continuous issue. How are you suppose to catch all the fish, by fishing line is the challenge, for the achievement of you get them right next to you on a boat but can’t bring them on the boat?
    I play on the Xbox one.

• SpectreReflex
    2 posts

@kookerz2131 I have been having this issue as well. It took me catching nearly 40 regular Bream in order to get only 3. What I mean is, I hooked 40 but 37 of them had to be released as when I was finally able to get them to the point eivor would pick up the fish, it just keeps swimming under the boat back and forth. What I have noticed is basically the fish glitches out of the water the moment it gets hooked if the wave of water is at its peak. If the fish takes the bait when the wave is at its lowest height, it doesn't seem to happen. Also, I also have noticed that nearly everytime this glitch occurs, despite the fish being hooked and fighting you, the animation of where your line landed initially still remains as if the fishing line is has never moved.

If you are attempting to finish all the fishing hut scavenging objectives, until Ubisoft finally moves its rear, you will be unsuccessful. This is due to the inability of acquiring Big Mackerel, Big Flatfish, Small Sturgeon, and big Eel. These 4 fish simply are non existent in the game. You will see some people stating they got them but that is simply because the Modded it into the game which I believe goes against ubisoft's terms and could lead to a ban or wipe of your game.

• JO_7_U
    6 posts

did this problem have official response ?
    is it not problem ? just in the special place , then no one find it yet ?
    or this is real problem , will it have update to fix it ? and when ?

• Lysvander
    44 posts
    did this problem have official response ? -> yes
    is it not problem ? just in the special place , then no one find it yet ? -> it is a problem, nobody finds the aforementioned fish
    or this is real problem , will it have update to fix it ? and when ? -> no eta on fix, we have to wait

• JO_7_U
    6 posts
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@TheeElf @VanadiumCobalt @Barney_1104 Thank you for the clarification regarding the longship. If fast-travelling to a dock, the longship will also come with you however I don't believe the same happens if you fast-travel to a high point. Your longship then stays wherever you left it. I imagine the logic is that, if you're travelling to a dock, you are likely wanting to sail from it - but I'm happy to forward your feedback on this subject! It would be best to open a dedicated feedback thread over in General Discussions for such a matter however.

@JCar4327 Thank you for your reproduction steps regarding despawning fish at Folkstanton, as well as the videos provided of fish despawning. I'll forward these to the developers in case they are still useful.

@SpectreReflex You are welcome to upload the image to an external site such as Imgur and then share the link here, or else resize your image to be in-line with the file size limit! Thank you.

@Outlander1982 Regarding swimming on your mount, as TheeElf has kindly stated, this is an upgrade you can purchase at the stables in your settlement. You can shoot arrows and attack while mounted, so it may be worth testing this mode of transport while fishing.

@JO_7_U On the previous page of this thread I posted an update. Please refer to that.

Official Response
  • VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@ubi-woofer Just to add. the Small Sturgeon CAN be found. I went around every Island in Norway in a small boat and no Big Mackerel. It is amazing tho how many fish you spot using this method. Fishing from the shoreline/coast you cannot cast that far to reach them and Odin's sight does not pick them up either.

• illMac99
    43 posts

@ubi-woofer Did you really ask us to take pictures of the fish we can't find?
    How is this real?

• jlewis-7_12
    1 posts

I’m having trouble with finding these fish. Flatfish(big)-2
    Bream(big)-2
    Bream(regular )-3
    Sturgeon(small)-5
    Mackerel(big)-2

please help me
    are they bugged

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@jlewis-7_12 Coastal fishing is a pain. Big flatfish and big mackerel are apparently bugged and not in the game. The others are in the game, just hard to find due to the despawning issues on the coast.

Bream big and bream regular can be found in the coastal pond next to Brimcliff Monastery in Wessex. They can also be found at the dock on the Isle of Wiht in Hamtunscire. You have to make sure the water is relatively smooth while fishing on the coast because waves can cause them to despawn.

Small sturgeon should be a bit easier as you can get them in the mouth of the river that runs through central Suthsexe, the Embert River. If you start at the mouth of the river and work your way up river on a little boat till you reach the fort that had/has a chain across the river you should find some in that area; it may take a few runs as there are a lot of small fish in that area of the river.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Would you be able to share a screenshot of the map with your cursor over the area you were able to find the small sturgeon in? This would be of great interest to the developers for reproduction purposes. Thank you!

@illMac99 My intention is to gather images/short video clips showing that they are not available in the area, as well as images of players' inventories showing an absence of the desired fish caught. The developers are already aware of the issue and have been able to reproduce it, so these images may not be required, however they may be useful to them. I obviously cannot request an image of something you cannot find! But anything showing that the fish are not available may be helpful. Thanks in advance if you do take the time to prepare an image, short video or otherwise.

Official Response
  • Logibear0111
    Original poster 21 posts

Cant believe my post has gathered so much attention lol

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@ubi-woofer Small sturgeon can definitely be found here.undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@theeelf I have all the horse's upgrades,he still drop me in the water,maybe we don't talk about the same fishing area,I made a ''circle'' where I think maybe the big flatfish can be found,you can find fish in that area but oh boy it's extremely painful to make them spawn,you can't go very far with the horse in that area,only with the small boat,to have them spawn it need to be extremely calm which can take you an hour of sitting doing absolutly nothing for a 30 seconds windows to fish,it's very annoying to do and a waste of time especially if the big flatfish isn't in the game.undefined

• mr.broc
    3 posts

Still an issue and no fix with any of last patches.
    looking for BREAM and other coastal fish but nothing spawns except a million birds.
    went slow, went fast, meditated and did the whole coast in dark and in daylight, tried while raining, walked the coast, used all the online guides and YouTube videos, etc...
    literally cannot get any coastal fish to spawn.
    last trophy in need for platinum so kind of ridiculous.

anyone know anything in this?

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

My understanding is that they still haven't fixed the spawning of the big mackerel, flatfish, and cod, but there's another annoying bug that I'm also sure has been reported(?):

I'm trying to get the big/regular bream. I go to the known spots for those, and when I spawn in, I can see a lot of them when I scan, but all of the fish de-spawns within 2 or 3 seconds after spawning into the area. I managed to get a few of those fish because the game actually kept them spawned twice, but I haven't been able to get them to stick around for several hours, now.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@mr-broc There are Bream, big and regular, in the coastal pond next to Brimcliff Monestary in Wessex. There are also sturgeon in that pond. If you are looking for halibut try the area around Sea Henge or east of Grimsby in Lincolnscire. Regular and small flatfish can be found along the southern edge of Essex.

• Arivati
    7 posts

If anyone is looking for small sturgeon I've found few in Suthsexe next to Briggworth. There are also small burbots there so it's very easy to mixt those two at first glance.

undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics