Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rogu3Cowboy
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@rogu3cowboy You can catch all fish for the Achievement and you can even find Big Cod in chests. The fish that are bugged and are not showing are Big Flat Fish, Big Mackerel and Big Eel. Use small boats in the bays.

Have a look at this thread https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88816/unable-to-find-large-flatfish-mackerel-and-small-halibut-sturgeon-while-fishing-post-here/146?_=1610991113089 Hope this Helps.

• Rogu3Cowboy
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • dannyrhinos89
    6 posts

Absolutely ridiculous.....136 hours put into this game and I’ve needed 1 fish (bream) for the last 3 weeks for the platinum trophy they show for a second and then disappear completely. I’ve tried everything people recommended. I’ve tried ALL the correct spots to get it. I’ve watched countless YouTube videos and nothing works it’s bugged.

I was hoping the latest patch fixed it but obviously not. It should be a simple fix so why it’s been ignored since release is beyond me.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@rogu3cowboy Are you fishing from the coast? if you know where they spawn use a boat and sail out 10/20 metres. Meditate on the boat for calm waters. I found most of mine this way as Odin's sight does not pick them up being so far out from the coast.

Same with fishing from piers, meditate, then wait for calm water, could take 15 minutes for this to happen. Also you might see a random guy just standing doing nothing on piers. When he picks his rod up fish usually do spawn.

Fishing a night is usually best and waiting after meditating for the sea to calm some. It's the waiting game that's the killer.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your latest replies 🙂 I'll address these individually below, but first, I just wanted to verify Outlander1982's previous information that small Sturgeon can be found near Rouecistre Fortress in Cent! I looked there myself last night, and was able to fish five small Sturgeon from the waters in order to fulfil the fishing hut task. I'll include screenshots below to hopefully help you all identify the fish you're looking for, and where you should look:

undefined
    undefined
    A great tip I picked up from reading these forums and other online resources is to scan the waters with Odin's Sight to identify groups of small fish, and then activate Photo Mode and use this to examine the fish in the water to see if there are small Sturgeon hidden somewhere. This is what I did to create my first image above - the Sturgeon have definitive ridged top fins and thin tails, so it was easy to tell them apart when viewing them so closely.

I also captured a short clip showing that the fish can be caught, which you can view here if interested:

Let me know if the above information is helpful! I'll keep you updated with regard to the other missing fish as and when updates become available, but for now, I have no new information. Now, in response to your individual replies -

@m_scatterbrain Thanks for the additional information! I'll take a look there myself and see if I can spot the same big flatfish you believe you saw. I'm also in need of big Bream, so if there's any chance I may find one there or in Folcanstan, I'm keen to take a look around both for this investigation and myself 👀

@Valen78 I opened an investigation myself into fish refusing to be caught / issues with catching them even if in range, as I experienced the same behaviour myself while fishing. I'll add your report to the investigation, but I don't suppose you've captured any video clips showing this type of issue that I could forward?

@dannyrhinos89 Bream are available in the game and are known to be found in the seas around Folcanstan - I'd try fishing there and see if you can grab one. I'd recommend going to the western shore, and taking a small fishing boat out a little way into the waters so that you can reach the fish that spawn further out. Good luck! 🙂

Official Response
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

my problem with fishing is that whenever i am in a good spot all the fish swiftly swim away after i have cast my line.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey @asgardian02 🙂 I've noticed that behaviour only if I startle the fish by getting too close to them on the shore / row my boat too close to them. The rest of the pod normally will continue swimming in the direction they were going and one will break off to bite at my line. Could you provide a clip showing exactly what you mean so I can judge? In the meantime, maybe try staying further away and casting your line further, to see if you have better luck.

Official Response
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

but the problem is that if i row the boat eivor grabs his bow instead, then when i press C i am already moving and fish start to move away.
    Then i takes rougly 8presses of N to draw the fishing line and by that time most are gone. once i have caught a fish i need to row roughly 10meters orso to be able to cath one more.
    Thats a process that is no fun. I made an etire topic about it:

"
    So fishing is just another activity thats to be meant as a time sink. A massive at that.

Not only does it take quite some effort to even get 1 fish (50-100 space smashes is pretty common), in addition to that the line just breaks for no reason, adding further to the frustration.

Then also fish constantly move away from your shadow or something. So once you have spotted some fish after one throw of the line, all the fish are gone. Making fishing even further frustrating.
    In every area there always multiple different fish sorts including small, regular and big ones. So getting the ones you need is already plenty hard.

But the fact that they all move away after even 1 throw is seriously a bad design. Then i have to row in a boat which is another pain as that is a total bug fest. When ever i Press E to start moving a small boat Eivor just grabs his bow instead undefined

since finally a support staff answers here, could you make the big feedback and suggestions topic i started a sticky, that way ppl can continue to comment on that one instead of creating new topics about the same stuff over and over ;_)

• Ubi-Woofer

@asgardian02 Out of curiosity, have you previously rebound some of the keys for particular actions to others? Do you still have the same issues if using different keys for using your weapon / throwing out the fishing line? I play on PS4, so unfortunately I'm not fully familiar with how fishing works on PC, however it sounds as if you may have a conflict with the bindings that is causing the issue with the bow being drawn instead of using the line properly.

My experience of fishing on PS4 is quite different to yours on PC it seems - while I do see fish swim away at times, they're not difficult to pursue so long as you are cautious with how far you row your boat and you don't lose track of them. If you have a controller you could possibly test the fishing with on PC, it would be helpful to know whether you feel the same about the experience when using that as when using keyboard and mouse.

Regarding your feedback topic, I'm unsure which you're referring to, however in terms of addressing feedback we would always prefer to have separate threads for individual feedback topics / individual players' feedback. This allows us to address individual ideas in-depth and means that players are able to find a thread for their idea / feedback much easier due to it not having a generic title. 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to create a thread though! You're welcome to share all of your own ideas there so that we can take a look at them all in one place.

Official Response
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

I left all keybinding on keyboard as is, i did however make macrcos on my mouse for easier combat. Thats just the 1,2,3 and 4 button moved towards the mouse.
    I also draw my bow, when i want to jump, or all sorts of things, and i have seen this in other topics too.

Made a very extensive and long post in regards of stuff i would like to see return in valhalla, would be nice if someone responded to that. There hasnt really been much interaction here from ubisoft though
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93217/the-big-suggestions-and-feedback-topic/51 here it is

i have no idea tom film myself while playing though, would have to look into that

• dannyrhinos89
    6 posts

@Ubi-Woofer they aren’t there on my game, At folcanstan they de spawn instantly before I can take my fishing rod out that’s what I’m saying, honestly I’m so frustrated I’ve fished in every place they are meant to be believe me I’ve researched, like I said I’ve watched countless YouTube videos and I’ve tried suggestions put here or on reddit. Ive literally spent the last 3 weeks trying to get it.

My issue is they de spawn instantly I can stand on the pier at folcanstan doesn’t matter how I get there be it fast travel or just ride there on my horse, I use my Odin sight and they show for a literally a second then they completely disappear and don’t come back I’ve waited over an hour in real time. I’ve been out in a small boat waiting, I’ve stood on the pier and waited they just don’t appear for me.

I’ve fast travelled back and Forth, I’ve left the animus, I’ve tried meditating, I’ve tried loading previous saves every time results in the same scenario. They Just disappear.

• Berxephon
    2 posts

Hi a bit like everyone, I also play from ps5 and I just can't find these two fish anywhere Large Flatfish/Mackerel

• Caturra75
    3 posts

Hey there,

im playing on PS5.
    im almost 200 hours playing, I’ve finished everything.
    And I can’t get the platinum trophy because of this ridiculous bug!
    The only fish I can’t get is Bream. I’ve tried EVERYTHING that you can find online and the problem is that the freaking fishes always disappear!!! It’s ridiculous and a tremendous disrespect for us that this issues isn’t fixed yet!!!
    I need a solution, I’m a trophy hunter I paid full price for the game so I need a complete game, not a beta version.
    How is possible that this isn’t fixed yet? I saw reports from November!!!! My God

• Caturra75
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Caturra75
    3 posts

After 5 hours trying to find the bloody fish, as I said, trying everything I saw online, that’s how I was able to do it:

fast-travel to Werham - than went to the fishing stop on the left side by foot.
    The freaking BEAMS didn’t disappeared this time. I’m so done with this game

• soliunasm
    5 posts

I have just spent all day collecting all of the fish needed to get the Swordfish and since this is seemingly the only thread about this with Ubisoft responses please for the love of all that is holy get someone on this issue of fish not spawning at all around the coast.

• You sometimes have to sit at a port for over eight minutes to get one chance at fishing up a single fish if the fish you're trying to get doesn't instantly go after the bobber or two if you do.
    • Sometimes the coast fish stay spawned at the coast for a whopping two minutes before vanishing.
    • Other times they all instantly disappear after one catch.
    • Then other times they instantly disappear as soon as you cast out your line or just use a single Odin Sight.
    • Sometimes literally everything but one fish floats away to sea so you can't catch them at all or lure them over when they're coast spawned fish, this doesn't really happen with regularly spawned fish in rivers as far as I can tell.
    • Big fish shot by an arrow clip through the ground and fall through the world making it impossible to collect their body at all which makes getting big coastal fish even harder when they do spawn once a fortnight.
    • Big flatfish and big mackerels may as well not exist, I've been running around the south of the Isle of Wit which someone said the big flatfish spawns at for about two or three hours and haven't seen a single one let alone any fish spawning there at all. The pier with the bandit fishing off of it occasionally has the big sturgeons spawn and some breams but it's like once every six minutes and multiple meditations.
    • Fish are ridiculously skittish to the point that you can't even get close to them while naked and moving slowly without them zipping away.
    • Fish also constantly clip into walls instead of bouncing on the terrain meaning chasing one down is effectively impossible a lot of the time.

The fact you want us to get so many fish with all these issues present is ridiculous.

• ranccidd
    1 posts

@caturra75 I found large bream off the isle of with, on the western side there are some islands, the end one has some ruins with a horse statue, used meditate until they started spawning. My problem is the large flatfish, I don't think it exists
    in the game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@caturra75

i cant be bothered anymore. why would i invest so much time in fishing, when the activity itself is frustrating AF and gives you no reward.
    Sure i can get even more frustrated and talk about it here, but at a certain point enough is enough.

• m_scatterbrain
    6 posts

I miss Odissey...I regret to say that but that's true for me...
    I spent so many days trying to complete the 100% with many bugs, exception errors and so on
    Last time, today, trying to fish the well known big flatfish: I don't know if it was standard or big but as soon as I tried the fish joking me around the boat.
    I left it free abandoning.
    no flatfish ..no mackerels ...let's fine
    I'm so tired and frustrated... I was so hoping for this Valhalla

Suggested Topics