Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

@dorinash1 the community is on the lookout for these runes that have appeared in game and could be a possible hidden mystery

• ElMadre1
    93 posts

@wilfinn @vanadiumcobalt There's at least one whole thread on runes. This thread is to talk about the dearth of fish.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@elmadre1 Where on this thread have I mentioned runes?

• ElMadre1
    93 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Sorry, I meant to tag @dorinash1. Here, have a Large Mackerel as compensation.

• wakeupdreaming.
    3 posts

@barney_1104 yeah, I agree. The longboat going with us is messing up our big fish count! 🙌🏽
    I tried just fast traveling to Cent where you can dive into the ocean and find a small boat. Well it worked the first time but then the fish I did catch glitched out of the water- literally. Also the fishing village on the south coast of Cent, spawned fish when I entered the harbor from one side, but then fish disappeared within 1 minute. I went to Norway, and cannot after seeing fish see one large mackerel. This is the buggiest of all three AC games I’ve played. I played Odyssey without any glitches. Valhalla on the other hand-Yule Festival disappeared early and left me with Yule tokens, constant disconnection when you look at your pictures you took on the world map, and this fish thing is just plain annoying.

• dorinash1
    65 posts

@elmadre1 what?

• Khaos004
    48 posts

@dorinash1 Anyone who has it used a mod. You don't see any console players with that challenge unlocked.

• dorinash1
    65 posts

@khaos004 absolutely 💯

• Fudz4
    33 posts

Hello all,

I have all fish except
    2 big flatfish
    2 big mackerel
    3 small bream
    2 regular bream

I know of the flatfish and mackerel problem but the coastal areas where bream spawn is also not working or they despawn and have only got a few due to luck.

Hoping for a fix soon.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@fudz4 Travel to the Isle of Wiht. Head in the direction of the Roman ruins and follow the coast till you meet some bandits hiding in the shrubs, you will also see one fishing on a pier. Try for the Bream you need here. You might have to meditate then wait to see if they spawn. Rinse and repeat. Good luck!

• Shovelator
    156 posts

I don't know if this has been posted here or not because i didnt read the entire thread.... but somehow i managed to make fish spawn again. I will try to reproduce it.

So basically i had the issue where i fast traveled to a port, used odins sight asap, to confirm there are fish there. Fish were there, but in a mater of seconds they all disapear. Even if i managed to shoot one, the body would also disapear.

So then i sailed my longboat a few meters away from the pier, went back to the pier and meditated. This respawned both my longboat at the pier, together with loads of fishes! And this time they stayed here, even got a big bream 🙂

• Shovelator
    156 posts

*sigh* nevermind.. This was a major letdown..
    I exites to menu to write this and when i came back, the fish were gone again and now i cant reproduce this fix

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

@shovelator I'm guessing you was a folcanste... It's better to fast travel inland and mount your way there but even then the fish are temperamental there so could take numerous mediations until they respawn

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@wilfinn Yep, i was there. I guess it's the meditation that actually helps and i just got lucky for it to work on first try. Later i tried meditating again and moving around a bit, and sometimes it takes a couple of tries but the fish eventualy showed up.

• DamDawg2007
    1 posts

None of the patch notes address the issue with the big flatfish or the big mackerel not generating in game. When is that issue going to be fixed? You can not unlocked the final quest from the fishing hut to get the swordfish.

• cmhoughton
    32 posts

@boo-yah1907 Well, you can’t use a mod on an Xbox, so I’ll have to wait. Why didn’t you say that in your first post? I had hoped you found good spot to fish...

• catchyaup
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • catchyaup
    13 posts

This game is still [censored]. Still no big flatfish or big mackerel. Every other fish is in the game and have been found. Also noted that I have on numerous occasions spawned in Ravensthorpe and immediately fished numerous COD from the RIVER in the middle of the inland area. Another note, all the opals have been fixed, pointless as they have no major effect on gameplay, there is no related challenge and you can get them from contracts whenever. However I went to the Reindeer lake and one was dead or sleeping about 15m above the lake, [censored].

FIX THIS GAME ALREADY I HAVE GIVEN YOU THOUSANDS OVER THE YEARS ON EVERY GAME, DLC, REAL LIFE MERCH AMD BOOKS AND NONE OF US DESERVE THIS [censored]!!

• Wilfinn
    25 posts

Hopefully getting fixed next update

• Quixy21
    14 posts

The game has been out for two months. You wouldn't think it'd be that difficult to make a couple existing game assets actually appear in the game...

Suggested Topics