Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Quixy21
    14 posts

The game has been out for two months. You wouldn't think it'd be that difficult to make a couple existing game assets actually appear in the game...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • dorinash1
    65 posts

@catchyaup Every other fish is in the game and have been found. And where did you find big eel??

• Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

When I first play-through a game I avoid the internet to try and complete as many things as possible without help. What a massive mistake that was, I'm scared to think how many hours I've spent looking for fish that aren't even there. One very unhappy PS4 player here. 😠

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@joey_khaos Yes, but it is the same for every player. It should be fixed in the next update. Currently only 3 fish are missing all the rest can be found.

• Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it was only my copy of the game that was missing the fish, but as you've correctly stated it's the same for everybody. I suppose that makes it all okay then.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@joey_khaos Well, I would not say ok. It should have been fixed on the last patch. Better still it should not have been bugged at all.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@damdawg2007 Hello! My apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. How long have you been experiencing this? What are you using specifically when fishing (fishing rope, etc.)? Also, is this only in one area or everywhere in the game?

Official Response
  • cmhoughton
    32 posts

@ubikoality Not being able to catch Big Flatfish, Big Mackerel, Small Halibut, and Small Sturgeon are known issues...

Flatfish spawn off the coasts of Humtuncire, Sussexe, Cent, and Essexe. Mackerel are found in Norway. Sturgeon are off the coasts of Cent, Sussexe, and Hamptuncire. Halibut are off the coasts of Grantbridgescire, East Anglia, Eurviscire, and Lincolnscire.

I have not found any large mackerel or flatfish, or small sturgeons. I did get all the halibut.

see the thread on the fish here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88816/unable-to-find-large-flatfish-mackerel-and-small-halibut-sturgeon-while-fishing-post-here/86

• benzy4792
    30 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • benzy4792
    30 posts

@ubikoality I can confirm that among the community this bug is wide spread.
    Big Flatfish, Big Mackerel are nowhere to be found. In general fish do not always spawn and sometimes disappear while you fish. Gets worst when fishing on coasts.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@cmhoughton Only 3 fish are currently missing from the game, all the rest can be found. This thread has the locations and videos of the small fish you are missing.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88816/unable-to-find-large-flatfish-mackerel-and-small-halibut-sturgeon-while-fishing-post-here/191

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@ubikoality I don't mean to be rude, but have you been anywhere near these forums for the last 3 months? The missing 3 fish is an issue that is currently being looked at and the next patch will hopefully fix this. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

I am totally shocked at the response from the Dev team here.

Perhaps you should read this thread posted by Ubi-Woofer https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/updated-09-02-reported-issue-megathreads-check-here-for-your-issue

• marsgoomike
    3 posts

@seba84_2005 same here. They are impossible to find

• Fudz4
    31 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Got around to doing this and it worked, thank you very much, now patiently waiting for mackerel and flatfish patch (as well as a fix for avenge quests).

• lemmie88
    184 posts

@joey_khaos Same here! This is my biggest gripe: hours wasted on known bugs. Its awful how many frustrated hours I've spent thinking I was doing something wrong when it was known bug all along.
    There are known issues with the missing fish and the avenge quests, yet Ubisoft Connect still has them listed in the core challenges, as if they are achievable. So its only once you get frustrated and [censored] enough to look into things yourself that you realize you've been banging your head against the wall the whole time. It's one thing to have bugs in the first place, its another to imply they're not there in order to keep players doing an impossible task. That is just cruel.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@fudz4 Glad it worked. The avenge quest does work with the workaround. I got an average of 2 daily.

• aehrhart1980
    4 posts

Someone from @ubisoft fix fishing already. It’s beyond frustrating straight to infuriating that you spend 3 weeks farming for Big Flatfish, to never finding them. The fish also disappear one second they’re there and then you cast your line and just gone. People keep on reporting this issue, I know because I have spent hours upon hours searching these forums for any possible answer only to see that Ubisoft gives its loyal customers a big middle finger. I have been to every place that this Flatfish is suppose to spawn, only to never find the big flat fish. There are two issues that everyone keeps reporting, fish constantly disappearing and the fact that there are literally no Big Flatfish in this game. FIX IT

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@aehrhart1980 It could very well be coming in the patch that was already released to Microsoft/Sony that will be coming within the week. It'd be nice to finally have those fishing missions complete and all the Core challenges complete too.

• Carlipop
    6 posts

After a full week on the Fishing Deliveries, I was able to catch almost all the requested fishes, except two: Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. Patience (and internet) were good enough for other rare species and sizes combinations, but I had no success with these two. There are rumors a patch is releasing very soon (next week?). Any chance this issue and others related to fishing will be fixed with this patch? I'm on PS5, if this info helps in any way.

• First_Prophet
    29 posts

Returned back to the game to complete the community challenges and Reda contracts. Just really filling the void caused by no post launch content. I was hoping that the fishing would be finished by now, so I can complete the swordfish challenge, but the big mackerel are still not spawning in Norway, big flat fish are still not spawning and I am having issues finding cod of any sort in my game and there seems to still be a severe lack of any fish spawning of the south coast. Is this still a known issue and if so, can we be expecting this to be fixed in the latest update, with the River Raids?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics