Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@fudz4 Glad it worked. The avenge quest does work with the workaround. I got an average of 2 daily.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2834 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • aehrhart1980
    4 posts

Someone from @ubisoft fix fishing already. It’s beyond frustrating straight to infuriating that you spend 3 weeks farming for Big Flatfish, to never finding them. The fish also disappear one second they’re there and then you cast your line and just gone. People keep on reporting this issue, I know because I have spent hours upon hours searching these forums for any possible answer only to see that Ubisoft gives its loyal customers a big middle finger. I have been to every place that this Flatfish is suppose to spawn, only to never find the big flat fish. There are two issues that everyone keeps reporting, fish constantly disappearing and the fact that there are literally no Big Flatfish in this game. FIX IT

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@aehrhart1980 It could very well be coming in the patch that was already released to Microsoft/Sony that will be coming within the week. It'd be nice to finally have those fishing missions complete and all the Core challenges complete too.

• Carlipop
    5 posts

After a full week on the Fishing Deliveries, I was able to catch almost all the requested fishes, except two: Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. Patience (and internet) were good enough for other rare species and sizes combinations, but I had no success with these two. There are rumors a patch is releasing very soon (next week?). Any chance this issue and others related to fishing will be fixed with this patch? I'm on PS5, if this info helps in any way.

• First_Prophet
    28 posts

Returned back to the game to complete the community challenges and Reda contracts. Just really filling the void caused by no post launch content. I was hoping that the fishing would be finished by now, so I can complete the swordfish challenge, but the big mackerel are still not spawning in Norway, big flat fish are still not spawning and I am having issues finding cod of any sort in my game and there seems to still be a severe lack of any fish spawning of the south coast. Is this still a known issue and if so, can we be expecting this to be fixed in the latest update, with the River Raids?

• Alex_Terieurzzz
    3 posts

The 1.1.2 patch Comes the 16th feb!
    - Fixed an issue preventing the player from catching fish in the sea or on the seashore.
    - Correction of a problem delaying considerably the reappearance of a school of fish after the fishing of a specimen.
    I really Hope ubisoft add Big merkerel and Big flat fish 🙏

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@alex_terieurzzz I really hope so but it's not mentioned,both fix in the patch and the 2 big fishs are separated issues,hope they are in the patch.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@outlander1982 It is possible that the issue preventing fish from correctly spawning on the coast is also the cause of no big flatfish or mackerel. Hopefully the fix for the coastal fish is all that will be needed and it will fix both issues.

• chedrcheis
    1 posts

Ok Ubisoft, 237 hrs in. Dozens trying to catch the fish, watched you tube vids, explored the crap out of the map. Just one question, which one of you [censored] [censored] is in charge of the damn fish? And another catch one run down shore catch one run down shore? Do any of you assclown seven fish? Seriously might make me reconsider ever buying another one!

• aehrhart1980
    4 posts

@theeelf I hope so I contacted them and have screen shots of the fish there then another of the fish not there. I also gave screen shots of the locations the Big Flat fish was suppose to be but never is. I informed them to Google big flatfish and see the many forms of people upset that these are nowhere to be found.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 782 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm delighted to say that in today's title update, there are a fair few fish fixes (try saying that five times fast!) and this does include the missing big Flatfish / big Mackerel, as these are covered by the missing coastline spawns issue! (I'm still trying to confirm with regard to the big Eel, and I'm unsure if the reports for that particular fish came too late for the developers also to implement a fix there. Will keep you all updated!)

Please find the relevant patch notes below:

- Improved vibration feedback during fishing. *Fishing goes BRRRR.*
    - Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish in the sea or on coastlines. 
    - Addressed an issue that caused school of fish to take a long time to respawn after one was caught. 
    - Added a quit fishing button during aiming state.

I will be checking out the expected spawn locations myself later on when the patch goes live, and will reply with some information about where you can find each type of previously missing fish to try and help you all out! I've been waiting for this fix myself for a while, and I'm excited to finally get my hands on the Swordfish! ⚔ 🐟

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologise on @Ubi-Borealis' behalf - after consulting them for their dark secrets about where they had been able to find big Mackerel previously near Eikundarsund, it turns out they had been mistaken and it wasn't big Mackerel they had found there 😢 The small Halibut and small Sturgeon are however already in-game, which we can both provide videos of if need be! I already posted my one for small Sturgeon previously (see below again) and would be happy to make one for small Halibut as well if that could be helpful. 🙂

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope that this update marks the end of our fishing woes! 🎣

Official Response
  • Killersparky260
    19 posts

Is anybody able to confirm if they have been able to find a big mackerel on PS5 since the update at all? I've been hunting since the update was released and still haven't had any luck.

As for the expected spawn areas, @Ubi-Woofer that would be beneficial, I have tried all areas I have found online so far and had no joy. Thank you in advance

• Adammox
    1 posts

I was trying to find big flatfish but still cannot find any, even after 1.1.2 patch.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@adammox i had a suspicion that they "would not" fix this bug. not gonna fish anymore. i mean how hard is it to just add the missing fish to the game. obliviously intentional from ubisoft.

• Quetsaeka
    2 posts

PS4 user here. The general spawning issue is fixed but still no evidence of Big Mackerel or Big Flatfish, as far as I can tell.

• Samidahl
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis : ok i am now posting on this thread as you requested:

By and large every response on this thread by Ubisoft employees has ignored peoples complaints regarding big flatfish and big mackerel, and just reference the lack of spawning in the sea. The latest patch STILL does not appear to have addressed the complete lack of these fish in the game. Please advise how this is to be rectified as the fishing hut quests cannot be completed without them. If someone at Ubisoft is under the impression that this long reported issue has been resolved can you advise where these fish are actually located in the game in order that the quest can finally be completed? Please?

Can you answer the question this time please?

• Shark_2ooth
    1 posts

I have recently updated my game to the latest 1.1.2 patch but I still cannot find the big flatfish after trying to fish them in their locations. Anyone got any fixes for this or will I have to wait again for the next patch. Ubisoft stated that the spawns of fish will be fixed or is the big flatfish spawning still bugged?

• Samidahl
    8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer : i have been redirectd to this thread from the other fishing one. You stated earlier in the thread that the big fish issue was fixed by this update and include the 'relevant' patch notes. These notes however do not actually mention a fix for the big fish not spawning issue. Are you sure about this because i still cant find them?

• johnnywriteoff
    3 posts

Have been trying to locate the elusive big mackerel/flatfish for a few hours now. They don't seem to be spawning for me.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2834 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for updating this thread so quickly following TU 1.1.2 (and thank you @Samidahl for adding your report here too). I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to find large mackerel/flatfish following the last update.

Would you be able to let us know which areas you have tried looking at so far? I know that @Ubi-Woofer is currently searching for these fish herself. I know that she's been looking at Maeldun for flatfish and in Stavanger for mackerel, though the last time I checked in with her, she was also having no success 😞

We've also notified the development team to let them know that these fish still seem to be missing for you all, so having locations they can check it would be useful for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics