Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ledoveeekladivo

so its still buggy?

well good to know, i wont waste my time on that then..

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2263 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • marveen95
    3 posts

@asgardian02
    Yes, it seems to be 100%. I've made my own research all around Norway and no big Mackerele anywhere. I've just looked briefly for big flatfish and eel but seeing people comments there aren't in the game too.
    At least they fixed these strikingly annoying fish disappearances on the shores. It was ticking me off, really. So much time wasted for waiting for proper moment.
    I've made my own playlist of best fishing locations. If you are interested in this. I hope you will find it useful at least in some way.
    Here is the link:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtcQQLDZrba646sK-ezVxTQj8D89usk0z

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

Just had a quick look, it will be tomorrow for a full check. I think most comments seem to have it covered. However, the coastal fish do seem to spawn better from what I have seen.

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer Can this be hotfixed? If not would a hotfix fix the actual delivery request in the fishing hut so they are not needed for the Swordfish?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@marveen95

usefull indeed, however as the bugs are still in place i dont wanna waste time at this moment on fishing.

• Samidahl
    8 posts

@marveen95 for what its worth i got big eels no problem early in the game, unless theyve subsequently vanished (wouldnt surprise me) i cant remenber for sure but i think it was by a house where you had to get eels as part of a quest (was it something to so with sauces or something?) You could try there

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2263 posts

Thanks for letting me know all of your locations. I've passed these along to the development team and asked if there are specific locations players should be looking in (in case we're just all missing these elusive fish).

@VanadiumCobalt - I'm afraid we would be unable to promise a hotfix, but please be assured that we have passed along all the feedback shared within this thread to the development team. We apologise for any disappointment that has been caused following TU 1.1.2. If a hotfix is to be announced, we'll share this news within this thread and in our News & Announcements forum.

@Samidahl - Are you referring to the "Ledecestrescire Sauce" quest? I believe this location was in the top-right of Ledecestrecire (near where two rivers meet). It could be worth checking here to see if any large eel are still spawning.

Thanks all! 🙂

Official Response
  • lackschuh_
    1 posts
    @Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer Can this be hotfixed? If not would a hotfix fix the actual delivery request in the fishing hut so they are not needed for the Swordfish?

We have to wait another two months or more...

• ThatEmmaCotton
    6 posts

Same for me too. Checked everywhere for big mackerel & big flatfish. Even when river raiding. I was happy to finally get my bugged achievement sorted out but I was really hoping to finish off the fishing hunts. They are so incredibly dull. Can we not just buy the fish we need? I’ve done literally everything to be done in game & I am bored of waiting for this to be resolved!! It would be nice if the game was fixed before adding new stuff in.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

still no big mackerel of flatfish, searched all over the coast and in the middle of the ocean , but nothing.

• Samidahl
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis i cant honestly remember but by the name it sounds like it would have been that one. (It was early on because i didnt even have the fishing hut when i got the quest so had to go back later when i had the rope!)

• Quixy21
    14 posts

It's literally unbelievable that we still don't appear to be able to get the big flatfish and mackerel. I don't know what else to even say at this point...

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@samidahl I think it's near Repton.

I remember the quest and I'm sure I looked for the big fella with no joy. Might be different now though.

• lowonc10h12n2o
    3 posts

Have not bothered to look for mackerel but large flatfish definitely is still not there - I sailed along the coast where it should spawn after the update (ps5). There are more fish in the ocean overall though. I sometimes see a flatfish just swimming on their own (usually big fishes swim alone, regular in pairs and small in schools of several) and they are quite big but after I catch them they show up in inventory as regular.

• SiSpang12
    1 posts

I’m losing my mind. My OCD already has the remaining fish to complete the “Fish Deliveries” side quest but I can’t access it due to the consistently elusive Big Flatfish/Big Mackerel bug.

While I’m pleased that the coastal fish aren’t magically disappearing in a split second; I’ve been waiting for today’s patch for 2 months.. the fact that these 2 damn fish are still not in the game makes me want to pull my hair out.

It is one of the last achievements I need to unlock, I’ve been holding off on finishing the main story because of this & it’s just very frustrating.

Ubisoft, please fix this immediately. I play these games to relieve my anxiety and focus my OCD tendencies & these stupid fish are just causing me a bit of distress.

Please, please fix this, ASAP.. I really don’t want to wait 3 more months.

Ive been a fan of the AC saga since it’s inception but this is a big disappointment from Ubisoft.

• kladd99
    6 posts

Spent some good time today combing the coasts and ports of Norway looking for the Big Mackerel. I can see the other 3 large fish species spawn regularly in the ports in the same spots over and over, but can't find a single spot where I've even seen a Big Mackerel. Would it be possible to get a known spawn point from the devs to try different conditions/times of day? From Dock, From boat...etc?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

Just a reminded to all that are looking for Achievements/Trophies. The 3 big fish are not needed for this and all other fish can be found.

The 3 big fish needed are for the core challenge and Swordfish only.

We will have to wait for another update or some sort of fix for players who want to 100% this.

@kladd99 Yes, that would help. Most of the fish I got was a night using Odin's sight.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sicplagu3
    32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Charles_Wayne
    5 posts

Also no big flatfish for me. Sailing along the coast where it should spawn, but nothing so far...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics