Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Samidahl
    8 posts

@marveen95 yes big eels thats what i was talking about. They may have disappeared from the game subsequently though

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2906 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Thank you everyone who commented back sharing that this has already been reported! I was aware, and I do follow the reported issues, but I appreciate everyone's diligence with that. 🙂 When investigating various in-game problems, it's helpful to gather information from players experiencing said problem. My questions were asked to gather more details to include in the report for the team to aid them in their investigation. Additionally, please keep in mind that since I am part of Support and not the Development team, I am not able to speculate on when this will be addressed definitively. I do not have information regarding when upcoming patches will occur or what will be included in them. If you would like to provide additional details, I would be glad to do my part and forward them along. Thank you all for your continued patience in the meantime!

Official Response
  • AmbossadorePS4
    2 posts

All the players I've seen report that big flatfish and big mackerel are still missing, even after extensive hours of search after patch 1.1.2. I don't know about big eel because this isn't needed for the fishing hut deliveries. So for the most part of the players the swordfish item and the Ubisoft Club Challenge are still unobtainable.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ambossadoreps4

the swordfish is the only reason i even started to do some fishing, i really tried, but i gave up and wont pick it up anymore seeing how its still bugged.
    The new content (riverraids sux hard)... so i am pretty much done playing this game.

havent gotten the season pass, it most likely will be even more copy and paste content, reskins of existing armors, lame skills no one uses and loads of tedious puzzles.

• cmhoughton
    31 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for the earlier info for small sturgeon. I found some close to the bridge ruin near Rouecistre Fortress.

I’ve been unable to reel in Big Flatfish, though I did catch a couple, but they glitched (for the lack of a better word) & got away.

I’m on X-Box One.

Here are the spots I tried today after the update (I used to be software tester/lead tester, so I can be a tad verbose):

• in the little inlet SW of the Rochestre fort (in the shallow area where you can use your spear) 
    • In the river just Southwest of that blockade, near the bridge ruin on the West Bank of the river, though I got Bream, Grey Trout, and Sturgeon now that I don’t need them
      • I ‘caught’ one Big Flatfish there today, in the middle of the river’s mouth fishing from one of those little fishing boats, but it glitched & I couldn’t reel it in. It swam all around me, coming so close like two or three times I thought I got it, but it only pulled away or circled the little boat before the line broke
    • in the tidal pool on the West side of the Brimcliffe Monestary on the Southern coast of Suthsexe, though I got Big Bream and a Big Sturgeon there, I think only two small flatfish.
    • near the Roman ruins on the Isle of Wight, got bream and smaller flatfish
    • the fishing pier on the Southeast side of the Isle of Wight, though I got bream and sturgeon there
    • at the mouth of the Embert River, where the city of Porchestre is
      • I ‘caught’ one Big Flatfish there today, but (like the spot near the Rochestre Blockade) I couldn’t reel it in. That one took a lot longer before the line broke or whatever happens when the fish gets away. 

Hope this helps, but it would probably be easier to use arrows to shoot fish. Using the line is WAY too time consuming when I’m catching dozens and dozens of fish that aren’t what I’m looking for.

Is there any way the Odin’s sight can light up prey and bad guys longer than it’s currently doing? That would help.

Or, it would be nice if there could loot dots on arrows that miss, more like that worked in Odyssey, so Eivor could at least retrieve some of them.

Or maybe if there could be some way to craft arrows, like in Odyssey?

Or maybe let Eivor swim with a spear or a sword? That would make fishing more fun, nothing like swinging around a weapon when you’ve had a bad day...

• lowonc10h12n2o
    3 posts

@cmhoughton I had also several flatfish glitch and was not able to reel them in, same story with them circling and swimming under the boat - but I actually shot them with my bow afterwards. Except when I picked them up they were regular size according to inventory. Maybe large flatfish technically are in the game, but if you catch them something is broken with the inventory and all large ones are identified as regular? I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it's almost like it's an issue between when you catch the fish and the little square shows up with what you caught. This would also make sense because I shot with my bow some suspiciously big "regular" flatfish that were swimming alone (usually large fish swim alone).

• Antipotheosis
    8 posts

I just found a few Small Sturgeon in the waters at Rouecistre Fortress in Cent. There are numerous different fish there so it might take a few minutes to find a school of them.

I'm still missing Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel from the game. I've tried archery, horseback archery and fishing for them. Nothing whatsoever.

• Antipotheosis
    8 posts

I've been searching in all of the recommended regions for Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. I've been finding other sizes of the same fish but not these two I've tried different times of day and different weather conditions too since someone suggested that. I've been reading that these two fish types are bugged. I'm on PC and I've tried finding these 2 fish using fishing, archery and horseback archery. No luck.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@antipotheosis
    why create your own thread, when there is already a massive one open and running with all your questions being answreed there... 😞

seriosuly.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread following TU 1.1.2. I know that a lot of you are disappointed that large flatfish/mackerel/eel are still missing, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer were also excited to finally get our hands on the Swordfish, so to find out these fish are still unattainable isn't the news we were hoping for either.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to try and locate these fish, and has reported the locations they've searched in. I've passed this information along to the development team. At this moment in time, we have no new information to share regarding this, though please be assured that we are checking in regularly to see if we can provide you all with an update.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions for alternatives as well (such as a fish market). I've passed along this feedback as well.

@kladd99 - When I was mackerel fishing, I found the best spots were around Stavanger, a littler further out into the ocean. I hopped into a small fishing boat and rowed out further out, past the long ship. Mackerel were still pretty rare, but this was the best spot for small/regular.

@cmhoughton - You're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed report as well. I'm interested in your near "catches" of big flatfish. If you would be able to capture a video of this, we can pass this along for investigation to see if these shadows should indeed be large flatfish that are just refusing to be caught. Thanks for your additional feedback comments as well!

@lowonc10h12n2o - Would you also be able to share a video of one of these "large" flatfish actually being a regular one? We can then pass this along to the development team to check.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • SteewyDub
    29 posts

Could someone confirm where to find Big Eels, i tried that location where we had sauce quest(only small and regular are present)?
    Thanks.

• fo0fight3r
    22 posts

i'm an older gamer and i don't ever complain much about those fantastic AC -games. But... the fishing again still broken after a new patch....?? After all this waiting??? C'mon devs...

• JCar4327
    617 posts

@ambossadoreps4 You need the Big Eel for the final delivery, which doesn't show up until you have made all the other deliveries.

• vanijzendoorn
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I play on PC via ubisoft connect. After the update I haven't found the big flatfish/mackerel. Only the small and regular versions. Maybe as a workaround they could make a fishmarket where you can exchange like 30 regular flatfish for a big one or something.. Just anything would be fine.

• B00MSIE
    331 posts

After the latest update 1.1.2 I can finally spot some big flat fish, but I am unable to catch them because they always start flying as soon as they reach Eivor. I restarted the game, restarted the Xbox, tried about 20 times and they always start flying. Other fish don't do that.

undefined

• Marixon77
    2 posts
    @cmhoughton I had also several flatfish glitch and was not able to reel them in, same story with them circling and swimming under the boat - but I actually shot them with my bow afterwards. Except when I picked them up they were regular size according to inventory. Maybe large flatfish technically are in the game, but if you catch them something is broken with the inventory and all large ones are identified as regular? I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it's almost like it's an issue between when you catch the fish and the little square shows up with what you caught. This would also make sense because I shot with my bow some suspiciously big "regular" flatfish that were swimming alone (usually large fish swim alone).

I gave up on fishing with the line long time ago and I normally shoot fish with a bow. I've noticed the same thing - flatfish that look too big for regular-sized, swimming in some distance from the rest. I've caught some of them too and for a fraction of second I had hope I'd just caught a large one, but the notification, as well as the inventory, showed it was a regular-sized flatfish. Not surprisingly, when I would visit the kid in the fishing hut, those fish were recognized as regular-sized.

I believe what @cmhoughton and I have noticed may be helpful in the resolution of the problem, if not for all species, at least for the flatfish.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello again!

@B00MSIE - I've moved your thread over into this megathread, as you seem to have been able to find the large flatfish - you've just been unable to catch them.

Can you let us know where you were able to find these? And does this happen every time you've tried to catch a large flatfish? What happens if you try to shoot these with your bow instead?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@ubi-borealis I have just asked him to do that and location too, You beat me to it 😊

• RAPANTE_ze_Hage
    4 posts
    @ambossadoreps4 You need the Big Eel for the final delivery, which doesn't show up until you have made all the other deliveries.

No, the Big Eel is just missing in the game. For the final delivery you need 3 middle eels. (Screenshot is taken from a YouTube Video)

undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics