Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Justin2908
    1 posts

I definitely found the eels much earlier in game as well. The Ledecestrescire Sauce quest very well may have been where I got them from because I remember it being a small pond.
    I’ve looked for hours and hours at every location mentioned in this thread and other places and can not find big Mackerel or big Flatfish.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    190 posts

not sure if this is anything. Cleared every raid on river raids and just started re-playing. At Escanceaste Monastery when i killed when of the bigger guards i collected a big bream as well as silver and broken bow.

Never ever collected a fish from killing someone? is that new

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@khaos004 This is the final mission which doesn't become available until you complete all other fishing missions which has been impossible to complete as they require Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. Once those last 2 missions are complete, then the Eel/Shad/Flatfish/Salmon mission appears to complete.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 I have only seen them in chests, Big Cod.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@vanadiumcobalt all the time or just since 1.1.2?

• Khaos004
    28 posts

@theeelf Sorry, I don't understand. I have Cold Storage (need big flatfish) and Happy Anniversary (need big mackerel) left to complete. Are you saying if I can finish those, that final delivery (Sword and Fishing) auto-completes?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 Before the latest patch. The quest Burn the house down for the norse soldiers had 2 Big Cod in chest and the other locations I cannot recall.

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@khaos004 No. Once you complete both of those missions, a new mission appears that requires 3 regular eel, 3 big shad, 3 big flatfish, and 3 big salmon. Once you complete that mission you get the weapon called "Swordfish".

• Khaos004
    28 posts

@theeelf Ah gotcha. Yes, I knew that. Sorry for the confusion. So frustrating I'm seven %&*$#@% fish away from completing all the Core Challenges.

• acedink
    15 posts
    After the latest update 1.1.2 I can finally spot some big flat fish, but I am unable to catch them because they always start flying as soon as they reach Eivor. I restarted the game, restarted the Xbox, tried about 20 times and they always start flying. Other fish don't do that.

undefined

Thanks for the pic. When you said they flew away, I thought you meant swam really fast. No, you meant actually flew.

• fo0fight3r
    23 posts

@acedink i had the same issue! lol UFF instead of UFO

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@ubi-borealis

I tried shooting them, but not sure if I just missed them or the arrows went through them. I found them in the south of Hamtunscire, where the river comes in the ocean and a also bit to the west of there near the coast. I also made a recording which I will try to upload later.

I assume this is the big flatfish? Because the normal looks smaller and is relatively easy to catch.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@ubi-borealis

made another one, where I made the picture from:

I hope this actually is the big flatfish?

• NMEYER1206
    5 posts

Forum search for 'flatfish' ONLY turns up this post--so what would you suggest?
    I have not yet found either of these fish in1.1.2
    These were a known problem in 1.1.1

Big Cod were showing up in lootable chests(!) and not grouping with fish.
    Big and regular cod (5) were caught at the foot of Dunwic in 1.1.2
    Fish spawning is better in 1.1.2 and less subject to interuption.
    Casting into empty water that had fish can now cause a spawn in ~60 seconds.
    Some finicky fish (regular cod and regular bream) can be obtained that way--though small bream outnumbered regular bream LITERALLY 46-1 off the south coast.
    A single large bream was hooked and it escaped.
    Bream and flatfish run together -- only small flatfish have been caught so far.
    I have not looked for big mackerel post-1.1.2 yet
    Large and small sturgeon are now plentiful off the south coast

• Brianjlee66
    13 posts

I have been having exactly same problem with Flat fish, same location as other guy, get excited and it just goes round and round and eventually flies up in the air. Kept one on for nearly 15 mins the second time.
    Never seen a mackerel
    thats all I need.

Fed up

• NMEYER1206
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • NMEYER1206
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis
    The northwesternmost island in Rygjafylke has mackerel in the inlet on the southwest coast.
    It is the location of the World Event 'A New England'
    The inlet leads to the dock with the note knifed on it.
    Mackerel are always reliably there since there is no surf.
    It also has polar bears and lots of Arctic foxes.
    You can also get hake and redfish (though not large ones) further north around the coastline.
    I haven't been back post 1.1.2 to see if there are big mackerel now.

• murdo45
    2 posts

@nmeyer1206 Am there now, only small and regular.

• cmhoughton
    32 posts

@ubi-borealis

I’ll try again later and get a video if I can recreate the error. It looks like to me that the fish that got away were Big Flatfish, but since I didn’t catch them, it’s hard to say for sure.

• GamerFoxFecni
    1 posts

Hey everyone!
    Big Flat Fish and Big Mackerel spawning are still bugged, or I'm just unlucky to find any of the big version? Does someone got a location where to find these two fellas? If someone has a valid location for these two please send a screenshot or just tell me please. Thank you very much for the answers
    I'm playing on PC
    Have a nice day/evening ^^

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics